Topics

2012 News quotes

• Apastron - December 30, 2012 8:49 a.m.

“One games journalist, Lauren Wainwright, tweeted: ‘Urm… Trion were giving away PS3s to journalists at the GMAs. Not sure why that’s a bad thing?’ Now, a few tweets earlier, she also tweeted this: ‘Lara header, two TR pix in the gallery and a very subtle TR background. #obsessed @tombraider pic.twitter.com/VOWDSavZ’ And instantly I am suspicious. I am suspicious of this journalist’s apparent love for Tomb Raider. I am asking myself whether she’s in the pocket of the Tomb Raider PR team. I’m sure she isn’t, but the doubt is there. After all, she sees nothing wrong with journalists promoting a game to win a PS3, right? Florence stated that this behavior made him skeptical of Wainwright’s motivations. “And instantly I am suspicious. I am suspicious of this journalist’s apparent love for Tomb Raider. I am asking myself whether she’s in the pocket of the Tomb Raider PR team. I’m sure she isn’t, but the doubt is there. After all, she sees nothing wrong with journalists promoting a game to win a PS3, right?" - Robert Florence in what turned out to be his final article for Eurogamer http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/libel-alleged-legal-threats-and-conflicts-of-interest-the-twisted-story-of-
  • Apastron - December 30, 2012 8:50 a.m.

Ignore fourth paragraph. Forgot to delete when altering my comment.
  • sandplasma - December 29, 2012 10:48 p.m.

Polytron guy (Fish) should shut the f up and learn how to navigate within the gaming business. He cries about microsoft charging him but those measures are there for you not to be submitting crap to the Xbox store.
  • sk8r7 - December 28, 2012 8:23 p.m.

the NRA's statement, while well thought out and biased, is perturbing
  • winner2 - December 28, 2012 8:20 p.m.

The kotick page is creepy as hell.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - December 28, 2012 4:43 p.m.

I'm glad to see Anita Sarkeesian included in this. And Wayne LaPierre's speech was the fastest shift in blame I've seen in a while. That was at a Jack Thompson-level of ridiculousness.
  • Viron - December 28, 2012 3 p.m.

Anita Sarkeesian is a bitch and if you think that makes me a chauvinist or some sort of sexist tyrant then you are as dumb as her and everyone who gave her money. I don't think less of women, I think less of her as an individual, there is a difference. Not that there are many people who can apparently grasp that anymore. Oh and Anita, sometimes when you stand up in front of people and say speak your ideas they boo, it isn't harassment, it's freedom of speech.
  • Thedigitalg - December 29, 2012 4:50 p.m.

You spent so much time 'I'm not sexist, but...'-ing that you didn't tell us why you hate her. If it's the usual 'games aren't sexist, get back in the kitchen' then please don't reply. If you have a genuine issue I'd like to hear it, but all I'm seeing is boys who haven't hit puberty thinking sandwich and kitchen jokes are the height of comedy. Oh, and it's past 'freedom of speech' when she's receiving death and rape threats, and people are actually making flash games about physically abusing her. That is, in fact, harassment.
  • Viron - December 30, 2012 6:22 p.m.

I have a problem in that she took money and hasn't really done shit with it, other than ask other people to do her work for her. I have a problem that all of her defenders are saying that everyone who hates her thinks that women belong in the kitchen, hey that sounds familiar. I have a problem with people who think that women are being opressed via video games! Women aren't being stoned to death in Video games. They aren't being raped on buses. So what is her fucking problem? Oh right. Women aren't being shown as complete equals. Well guess the fuck what: neither is anyone else. It doesn't fucking matter who it is, the story writes the equality of the roles, if she has a damn problem with it maybe she should of used her kickstarter money to make a damn game. So why is this so important? Oh that's right, I remember now: guilt. That is what it is all about. And last I fucking saw there wasn't an addendum to Freedom of Speech that said "Unless someone's feelings might get hurt". Shit almost every US presidential candidate for the last 12 years has had Hitler's mustache photoshopped onto it. The implication being that they are as bad as Hitler, and I really shouldn't have to iterate why that is wrong But they are still there, every couple of months, comparing some person to Hitler. So you know what as much as she and her white knights may not like it, until something happens, until one of these psychotics actually makes good on their threats, it's criticism. It may not be on the Politically correct level of her's, but it still is. And people need to get the fuck over it.
  • 7-D - December 28, 2012 12:45 p.m.

What happened to that Wii-U thing anyway?
  • talleyXIV - December 28, 2012 12:46 a.m.

I entirely agree with the my body is ready man, Fils-Aime. I have been playing with the Wii U and the tech and layout of the console is almost flawless. The Internet Browser, E-Shop, TVii, Miiverse, and the gamepad are all brilliantly implemented and work awesomely. Even NintendoLand is really good... so everything that Nintendo is controlling is going amazingly, if only someone else could make a really good game for it... I don't understand the criticisms, for $300/$350 this thing is highway robbery.
  • ParagonT - December 28, 2012 6:51 a.m.

Is that you Reggie?
  • doominatorx6 - December 27, 2012 10:17 p.m.

"I don't just want the whole chainsaw gun to be my legacy." Don't worry. I won't remember you for the chainsaw gun. I remember you for being gaming's annoying fratboy douchebag.
  • Moondoggie1157 - December 27, 2012 5:58 p.m.

Dammit, I was so sure I'd sleep tonight... Not only did I get Kotick'd, I got Reggie'd as well. Thanks a lot GR. I can see their faces in the dark corners of my room...
  • BladedFalcon - December 27, 2012 3:36 p.m.

Surprised there's not a single quote of the shameless shills that Kuno Tsunoda made regarding Fable: The journey >_>
  • bedelicious - December 27, 2012 12:04 p.m.

Jay Wilson for David Brevik: F*** that loser. That's the one I remember xD
  • shawksta - December 27, 2012 11:31 a.m.

These were great, and different reactions to each one, especially when you see how they feel in their own point of view. Except the NRA, their rant is understandable but they are pushing it too far. Damn, I never thought I would actually root for Bobby Kotick, despite his nature, his action to fire those guys were basically "Well F*ck you too"
  • Tokokono - December 27, 2012 11:26 a.m.

Could someone tell me why we should give even the slightest of a damn what some old, conservative, gun-toting lunatic who has probably never touched a game console in his life has to say about video games following a shooting that could have been prevented with tighter regulation on guns (Something this man has actively campaigned against) and easier access to mental health care? Video games do not make people shoot 20 children dead in cold blood.