• marsuveeus - July 18, 2009 5:50 a.m.

The Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. 1st boss fight is when you (by you I mean you control each of the four children) have to take down a minitor. During this battle each child has to do something different to the monster. Peter first had to chop at his knees, then lucy had to jump on his back etc, yet there are not hint text messeges that show up on the screen and other that the music, there is no noice comeing out of the tv. now if you wonder why that is the first bad movie video game i played, i played the Lord of the Rings games, and the Spiderman games. those games were good video games based on movies.
  • GamerTagsSuck - July 18, 2009 1:08 a.m.

Hmm... Does the Halo movie that never happened count? 'Cause just the thought of Tom Cruise as Master Chief makes me puke.
  • TheWebSwinger - July 17, 2009 9:08 p.m.

Terminator on the Game Gear. My god, was I disillusioned. This game takes the idea of infinitely respawning enemies, and then beats it WITH a dead horse. Seriously, dudes are literally always pouring out from the right side of the screen. I couldn't get past the first level. *sigh*
  • nadrewod999 - July 17, 2009 7:41 p.m.

My first movie game was Spider-Man 2 for PS2, but that was a good game, so whatever movie game I got after that (I think it was Spider-man 2 for the DS LOL) was the movie game that made me hate movie games (although TF2 might be a good movie game, according to my multiple sources)
  • wkdtkd - July 17, 2009 6:38 p.m.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on ps1. SO MUCH LOADING TIMES!! And those damn washing machines that you had to lift...repeatedly! To this day I still duck if I watch a Harry Potter movie and they say "Wingardium leviosa" in case dirty laundry hits me!.... Actually no...I lie..to this day I have a soft spot for that game. I liked it and it was the first game I ever completed! :) So I guess I've completely ignored the question you were asking...sorry!
  • oldgrammastinkyfeet - July 17, 2009 3:45 p.m.

I Always stayed away from movie games until recently when I played Wall-E. That game owes me $50 for my controller, $70 for my window, and $125 for my neighbor's cat's medical bills (because it was hit by the controller).
  • xillance - July 17, 2009 2:12 p.m.

Some random Star Wars game for the PC. I remember it mostly because it had a huge peripheral that was strapped to the keyboard, which resembled the interior of the Millennium Falcon. Basically it played back random scenes from the original trilogy, to which you had to push down on a plastic likeness of Chewbacca(who is sitting in the gunner seat of the Falcon) to shoot random creatures from these scenes including the trash compacter monster... thing. There is no aiming, just bash Chewy as fast as possible to kill... whatever, with laser blasts (most of the battles were outside of the Falcon, strangely). There might have been more to it, but I had it when I was 5 or so(it was a game meant for kids), and I played it for maybe ten minutes before stopping, and eventually, it (the keyboard peripheral) ended up in the trash can. Since then, I have avoided buying movie games, the exception being Spiderman 2, which was, in fact, good. Spiderman 3 not so much.
  • VMPSaberwolf - July 17, 2009 10:52 a.m.

Hands down...Who Framed Roger Rabbit for the NES. The build-up punch feature where he hobbles for a minute with his fist in the air while you wait for the punch bar to get to full...The corny jokes you're forced to answer when caught on the road by the bad guy toons... The only redeeming feature was when you did manage to build up your punch, you can knock Roger Rabbit off the screen.
  • phoenix_wings - July 17, 2009 6:45 a.m.

I try my best to stay away from movie-games. And I did considerably well for a long time. Until my friend gave me a PC game--CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and it's sequel, Dark Motives. Yeah, they're not movie-based, but they're crap just the same. Glitchy, terrible voice-acting and fugly visuals--you required a patch to even run the game, and even then it crashed. And then if you didn't click on this tiny, three pixel by three-pixel space, your icon wouldn't change to a magnifying glass, and you couldn't proceed. You'd go back to the police station and the suspect would just look back at you with their tilted head, like "Durrr?" I remember telling saying, "CSI? That sounds awesome!" And then I remember playing the game, and saying, "CSI...This fucking sucks."
  • TrigunGunner - July 17, 2009 6:22 a.m.

I've had the common sense to stray far away from movie games, but lately I can't even stand the sight of them because lately the movie industry has started planning on making too-crap-to-be-true movies based off of videogames (Shadow of the Colossus). These movies serve only to destroy the reputation of gaming in public eyes and diminish the entire game the movie was based on itself. Movies already tainted gaming with their movie based games, but now they take it to an all new low by basing movies off of games. How can you live with yourself and sleep at night, movie industry? HOW?!
  • Aforextreme - July 17, 2009 6:01 a.m.

DragonBall Z: The Legacy of Goku was so unbelievably terrible I never played it more than once.
  • ACGUY - July 17, 2009 5:39 a.m.

Crap mixed up the question well to awenser your question with out burning down my neighborhood out of anger. I'd say spider man. Spider man can go suck my balls. I wasted $7 dollars because of the panzy.
  • LieutenantCipher - July 17, 2009 5:12 a.m.

I'd like to say I've learned my lesson, but I've always had the common sense(or pessimism) to never even give movie games a chance in the first place.
  • Mittenz - July 17, 2009 4:18 a.m.

Lilo & Stitch. I bought that at a very young age, and didn't buy another one for about 5 years. For all the adults at this site, DONT LET YOUR CHILDREN BUY TERRIBLE GAMES!!! reCAPTCHA: antipas Schuster
  • Defguru7777 - July 17, 2009 3:40 a.m.

The Incredibles for the PC. I'd rather have spent that thirty bucks on a cheap air ticket that went to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, where I'd jump out, dive down in the ocean, and live with the squids there, where I would be accepted as one of them. Then I would lead my new squid army to Disney World, where we'd raid all of their toy Lightsabers, then destroy all Disney studios in the world. If I'd done that, we wouldn't have a damn movie and game about hamster spies.
  • Vagrant - July 17, 2009 3 a.m.

I just realised I answered the question wrong. I did game movies. >_< Uh, yeah. Men In Black for the PS1 or something. This site needs an edit button.
  • Warhammer: 3025 - July 17, 2009 2:26 a.m.

I suppose I'm lucky in that the only movie games I've ever played were X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. I don't hate movie games (but I'm aware enough to avoid the massive majority of them).
  • griffed88 - July 17, 2009 12:14 a.m.

Never played a game based off a movie, but I'll tell ya what movie based off a game that put the stink in my alphabet soup. Doom.
  • kjadf12329 - July 16, 2009 11:31 p.m.

Robots.
  • GaMeRGuY1oh4 - July 16, 2009 10:43 p.m.

I am proud to be one who has not bought, played, OR rented. That goes the same with game movies.