• iobjectifytom - August 21, 2009 5:18 p.m.

The Sleeping. Don't Hold Back was a bonus track in Guitar Hero III and right after playing it for the first time, I torrented the album it was off. One of my favorite bands now.
  • Snarf - August 21, 2009 3:59 p.m.

A lot of people that I know played Rock Band or Guitar hero and now claim to love a band. I will always tell them that they only like one song because it was on Guitar Hero you should find out about bands for yourself not just like whatever is on those games, and when they disagree I always ask "Can you name 4 other songs by that band?" They never can but I am a hypocrite because ever since I learned who sang "Run to the Hills" because of Rock Band I became a huge Iron Maiden fan. And Judas Priest.
  • spulungkin - August 21, 2009 11:57 a.m.

The Beatles!!! I had to download 2GB of all their songs because I have to. I saw it on E3 "Cause I don't care too, much for MONEY! Money can't buy me LOVE!!!"
  • skyline19 - August 21, 2009 11:52 a.m.

None, GH and RB should burn in hell.
  • snothammer - August 21, 2009 7:24 a.m.

The only band I came to love after playing a music game is Beck. When I had first heard Beck a few years prior I didn't like his music at all. Then playing "E-Pro" in one of the rock band games I decided to give his music another listen. This time around, I dug it. I'm not a huge Beck fan by any means, but Rock Band had the correct timing to make me listen to him again at a time that turned my opinion of him around positively.
  • Alpacantista - August 21, 2009 4:09 a.m.

It's not a music game but because of earlier Tony Hawk games I learned to love punk, they introduced me to a lot of my favorite bands, Hot Water Music, Bad Religion, Rancid, Rise Against, Goldfinger, and others
  • Harmon20 - August 21, 2009 4:01 a.m.

I'm going with Boston. After getting Rock Band, they suddenly became my favorite band. And not to mention that I am a big fan Brad Delp's voice and his range. Rest in peace, man.
  • Blade9450 - August 21, 2009 2:30 a.m.

I am now really into metal thanks to BRUTAL LEGEND! Before I was somewhat disliking it, but that games soundtrack got me GOIN!
  • thephntm - August 21, 2009 2:07 a.m.

Dragonforce. I never even knew about them until Guitar Hero III. Through the Fire and Flames is 73H U83R!!!!1!1!!!11111!!!!1!
  • prahanormal - August 21, 2009 1:44 a.m.

None. In fact, there are bands I like less now because of music games. Metallica for example. I thought they were over rated to begin with, but the game brought a whole new wave of stupidity and fail to it's fanbase.
  • ACGUY - August 21, 2009 1:34 a.m.

No answer for me I fucking hate guitar hero and rock band it's shit and I only play it when I'm super bored and if I don't have anything to burn. And it's utter shit which is why my brother is the only one who bought this game. But my favorite band would be the guy who made all-stars I played that song on Donkey Konga.
  • gopikmin - August 21, 2009 1:29 a.m.

R.E.M. is one of bands I like now. I am not sure how, but I got hooked by "The One I Love" (GH:WT) really quickly. I also like the first couple songs in Guitar Hero: On Tour.
  • Marvelfan13 - August 21, 2009 1:17 a.m.

I played, "So whatcha Want" by the Beastie Boys on Rock Band 2 and loved it. I now have downloaded the ENTIRE Beastie Boys catalogue. This is strange because I hate rap.
  • disturbedanomaly36 - August 21, 2009 12:43 a.m.

i already did know about Disturbed, but it was nice to see them on Rock Band "Down with the Sickness", kickass
  • a123422 - August 21, 2009 12:01 a.m.

Actually before the first Guitar hero i wasn't really into music but thanks to guitar hero now i'm a huge rock fan
  • sbghost64 - August 20, 2009 11:33 p.m.

there is no band i was inspired to listen to by music games. I download songs on the game tha ti like, but i never really like much of the other music by the bands, i'm just really picky with music. reCaptcha: buttock cheesecake... yum yum?
  • SkinnyJr - August 20, 2009 11:20 p.m.

I already listen to the best music. I dont need a game to help me. Especially when said game wont add real metal to the mix. Chimaira, Dope, UNEDITED Killswitch Engage, Godsmack, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead. I can go on, but Ive made my point
  • chilarome - August 20, 2009 11:11 p.m.

this is gonna sound cliche and utterly stupid to some, and please dont rebuke me, but Dragonforce. TTFAF is in fact, NOT their best song, it is Operation Ground and Pound, or even Valley of the Damned. but GH3 really showed me whats up with them haha
  • Brettbot - August 20, 2009 10:56 p.m.

I've got a couple bands. I'm a little embarrased to admit it but I love Asia because of Guitar Hero Rocks The 80s. I heard Heat of the Moment on it. Then I looked up their other songs, and you can figure out the rest. You guys have probably never heard of Asia, so just Wikipedia them to find out about them. I also now love Weezer because of Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band. I played My Name is Jonas on Guitar Hero 3, I thought it was a pretty good song, but that was kind of it. Then on Rock Band, their song Buddy Holly came out on DLC. I bought it on a whim, but after playing it, I listened to more Weezer and never looked back.
  • CORNHOL0 - August 20, 2009 10:53 p.m.

What else but DRAGON FORCE FROM GH3 HELL YEAH!!!