• roosterdip - February 14, 2011 9:15 p.m.

oh... and the 80's called... they want their hair back!
  • roosterdip - February 14, 2011 9:14 p.m.

A national poll said so... it must be right!?!? First of all you can make a poll say whatever you want. Second, those people that did say violent media or video games are clearly as dumb as this twit. maybe Hitler played doom as a kid and thats why he killed 6 million Jews. give me a break with these idiots. some people are just bad and sometimes.... just sometimes it's bad parenting... see columbine. Parenting at is best.
  • ultimatepunchrod - February 14, 2011 9:06 p.m.

-Why do you say these things? -BECAUSE [nonexistent] RESEARCH!!!!!
  • killorabbit - February 14, 2011 9:05 p.m.

My lecturers tell me the relationship between violent behaviour and games is minimal. They also say that anyone likely to act purely because of a game would be dangerously unstable anyway. My dissertation (so far) indicates that the relationship is weak and my common sense tells me she's exaggerating to get attention. Like a lot of psychologists, she'll want her name in as many publications as possible. She annoys me.
  • Radimir - February 14, 2011 9:03 p.m.

I'm sorry, I stopped reading immediately after she mentioned 'Columbine' and 'national polls'. Just because lots of people think something, does not make it so. What goddamn stupid cunt.
  • H2A2I00 - February 14, 2011 9:02 p.m.

lol great job Tyler this is the perfect comeback to her statement and when it comes to the article i have to say there is next to no correlation. I am honors student and I have never gotten involved in a physical altercation and I have been playing video games since I was little. I feel that you already need to already have a pre-exsisting problem for video games to affect you in the sdlightest
  • bobbybroccoli - February 14, 2011 9:02 p.m.

Columbine was a murder not a rape crisis. And that picture of her looking all snooty and sophisticated makes me want to egg her face.
  • matt588 - February 14, 2011 9:01 p.m.

well look at that gun; cleary he's compensating for something but on a serious note we need to cut back on the "ignorant" comment, to me it feels i bit like it's being overused and may soon loose it's validity
  • Landshark - February 14, 2011 9:01 p.m.

Someone get a real Doctor, Dr. Fraiser Crane.
  • Sy87 - February 14, 2011 9 p.m.

What can you do there will always be people making absurd claims just to look important. The thing that they can't say is that we are all animals and our vicious nature is just in us. Why we do what we do its just in our heads.
  • Kameltoemunch - February 14, 2011 8:58 p.m.

Sigh. Cause popular belief = fact now? I'm not surprised in the least by this entire situation, just disappointed that such sensationalist journalism still exists and flourishes. I also love how she references a single study that doesn't really support the point she is making and then claims that everyone should have filed it under fact. One study totally is fact (/sarcasm). Maybe in another generation more of the fear-mongers will have died off and we can have some level headed analysis of the issue.
  • jackthemenace - February 14, 2011 8:58 p.m.

Well, i'm gonna go with fail. This is even worse than the fox news article about how horrible the Mass Effect sex scenes were. When the reporter have never even played Mass Effect. Honestly, some of these 'experts' need to stop trying to find reasons to say Gaming is bad. If they don't like gaming, they should come out and say it, not make farfetched claims that video games make us murdering sycophantic psychopaths or something. Anyway, i'm off to go play Braid. *rapes somebody*
  • QWERTYCommander - February 14, 2011 8:57 p.m.

I have most of those traits, and I never killed or raped anyone.
  • AlphaAGENT144 - February 14, 2011 8:56 p.m.

Faux News.
  • R3DRUN - February 14, 2011 8:56 p.m.

If games have caused an 'increase in rapes' was true, then we should be witnessing reports of victims of forceful teabags. The word prison-rape will now be called prison-teabag as we witness new films exploiting inmate teabagging one another.
  • antierro - February 14, 2011 8:55 p.m.

Im a gamer, I passed high school with straight A's, and ive never showed a hint of aggression. so basically all these articles that specify that "gamers are so-so" those are the gamers who bully/have parental issues.
  • BrettEastonElstonsAmericanIco - February 14, 2011 8:53 p.m.

research me look on Fox (news) back.