Topics

Sony

We Recommend

• bhamjustin - April 25, 2011 8:58 p.m.

This concept of a console's networking being so vulnerable to attacks has me a little on edge. I myself don't own a PS3, but hate seeing them [PS3 Owners] have to go through this. This isn't just bad for Sony & their PS3 owning customers, but the industry as a whole.
  • aaron171 - April 25, 2011 8:53 p.m.

yeah, it might be down, but it will be back up soon, and will be free, unlike xbox live.
  • Spybreak8 - April 25, 2011 8:52 p.m.

That totally sucks for the awesome cross platform feature available in Portal 2 on the PS3/PC. Hopefully they'll get things up and running again.
  • SolarPoweredShitMachine - April 25, 2011 8:52 p.m.

Y'know, this is a mixed bag to me. Yes, we can't go online, which sucks since I really want my free PC copy of Portal 2. Yes, this is calling out fanboys to carry on the "important" console war on forums. And yes, this is adding to the on-going fight between Sony/Hotz/Anon/Hackers fiasco. BUT, is it really that big a deal? Can anybody remember the good ol' days where people actually played the offline content? Has nobody thought to invite a friend over to play offline multiplayer, where unless you're really unlucky you won't have a 12 year kid talking shit to you? Has nobody thought to try grabbing some offline trophies or doing insane self-imposed challenges like Final Fantasy XIII No Crystarium? I mean it's only been a week. You'd swear it was gone forever... TL;DR - "No PSN and no timeframe make fanboy something something"
  • CoryM1134 - April 25, 2011 8:52 p.m.

Yeah, wow. I said the green box thing in jest, combating one completely inane complaint with another. PSN is down, and I want to be online playing Mortal Kombat as bad as the next guy. But, really, all it is is a free online gaming service that's down for a week. If that's the biggest thing we all have to complain about right now, we've probably got it pretty good.
  • Erased230 - April 25, 2011 8:50 p.m.

A couple of points, firstly, who cares if xbl is up and psn is not? It's not indefinite - think of it as a red ring of death for ps3 (but you can still play offline). Fanboys need not argue console superiority due to network being down (I have both systems, and PS3 is my primary system). Secondly, I doubt that it's an internal complication, it would not be advantageous for Sony to risk shutting the system down during a holiday weekend here in North America. The bigger concern if consumer credit card info has been compromised.
  • TNK2 - April 25, 2011 8:46 p.m.

I guess nobody remembers Xbox Live winter of 2007- early 2008 xbl was down for 2 weeks. http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/03/xbox-live-outage-day-13-still-up-and-down-still-preventing-fu/ god you ppl need to get over yourselves. Anyways I agree with Jango but hey keep going on with your false facts and lies fanboys if it makes you feel superior. Both consoles are great and basically have the same multiplatform library but the exclusives are different.I like ps3 exclusives better imo but some may like 360 exclusives better but doesn't give me the right to flame them lol.
  • JangoFettN7 - April 25, 2011 8:27 p.m.

why is this turning into a console war? this is about the PSN being down... this is bad for ALL GAMERS. I own a PS3 and 360 and enjoy both and am very frustrated by the network being down. I was gonna play some COD BLOPS with some friends online...last week. :[ Why can't gamers be sympathetic for other gamers?
  • Pocotron - April 25, 2011 8:25 p.m.

You guys are all jealous of the Wii now, aren't ya?! They might have to put in a 15 digit code to add someone online, but it's free AND working. A hollow victory... /sarcasm
  • Imthedoctor - April 25, 2011 8:11 p.m.

ok smart allecks..what's gonna stop xbox live from getting shut down in the future if there's a modding controversy?
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - April 25, 2011 8:07 p.m.

@everyone with scores Number of irritating, lifeless fanboys that should shut the fuck up 360: ~bajillion PS3: ~bajillion Oh look at that, a tie. Now all of you flaming, die in a fire please.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 25, 2011 8:03 p.m.

@SonyBacker xbox 360 vs ps3 What Have They Got? Online system that works? ps3:0 360:1 Enormous collection of good games? ps3:0 360:1 Endless wave of modders? ps3:1 360: 0 The only people that spawn kill are little kids, and they do the same thing while playing CoD on psn. But not anymore, because your motha fudging system is down!!! So while I play Halo, Battlefield, and Assassin's Creed while you play the only good game on the playstation, God of War. Also, I love the green boxes, so you can go fuck yourself.
  • FunkyPickle - April 25, 2011 8:01 p.m.

@SonyBacker Judging by your username, I'll assume you're trolling.
  • WikiParazFTW - April 25, 2011 7:56 p.m.

Was the guitar music really necessary for the anonymous message? and they seem to think of themselves as really important or intimidating cuz that whole "we do not forgive and we do not forget" line, seriously...just say you didn't do it, don't go preaching all of your ideals to us or also playing the blame game on sony
  • 510BrotherPanda - April 25, 2011 7:51 p.m.

Dang it, I just want to get some Patapon 3 DLC... >:I
  • SonyBacker - April 25, 2011 7:50 p.m.

@spade103 xbox 360 vs ps3 What Have They Got? digusting green boxes ps3: 0 360: 1 endless steam of fanboys talking trash on halo? ps3: 0 360: 2 RED RING OF DEATH? ps3: 0 360: 3 1 fanboy making a joke about psn being down, trying to start a flame war? ps3: 0 360: 4 verdict: 4-0 to 360 = FAIL! bottom line is spade, instead of basically trying to piss people off on here with that little annocdote, why don't you go and play on your 360, go play on ur halo game and start spawn killing like the pussy you are, go talk trash on ur headset cause your bringing nothing to this comment board except annoyance, by the way you can count on me ripping your new xbox when it comes out, i mean really? xbox 720? that is lazyness, i imagine its 2 xbox 360's taped together with double the red ring of death..... sorry about the rant but it's over now.
  • therawski - April 25, 2011 7:48 p.m.

If anonymous didn't do it why did they feel the need to deny that they did it? He who smelt it dealt it.
  • Markoose16 - April 25, 2011 7:28 p.m.

If it really was Anonymous they would claim it, there is no doubt about that mainly because they don't mind pissing people off. It could be random people but Anonymous doesn't normally end up taking a major network down from a major company for an entire week. Look at what happened with Wikileaks and the attacks on PayPal etc, they were co-ordinated attacks on single websites and they only managed to take them down for a few hours or otherwise cause irritation. I just think this is Sony bullshitting because they've gone and messed up their system somehow.
  • ithurtstopoop - April 25, 2011 7:26 p.m.

Sony blames hackers, Anonymous denies responsibility and I make a sandwich
  • egregious - April 25, 2011 7:24 p.m.

What a waste of an Easter weekend for PS3 owners. :(