• jeffrey-stoddard - June 4, 2013 5:26 p.m.

Xbox One for me!
  • Danomeon - June 1, 2013 12:37 p.m.

I think that calling the exclusives slide in favor of Xbox One based on their promises might have been a bit of a bad move. While they did technically promise more exclusives, looking at their history in the recent past shows that their 'exclusives' have been a little lackluster near the end of the 360's life cycle. Kinect sports, skittles, and Fable: The Journey showcase some of their recent mess-ups, and seeing them squander their best talents and IP's (Case in point: rare) makes me wonder just how many of these new IP's are kinect exclusives or small arcade games. I would argue that, by the same logic that you gave PS4 the graphical edge because they showed more and put their money where there mouth is, you should also have given the exclusives to the PS4 because they have actually announced and shown more exclusive titles with their console. That being said, with so little information the race could really tip either way. I'm heavily leaning towards Sony at the moment, because their press conference had way more of an emphasis on games, actually showing new titles rather than just stating that new titles are in development. Seeing microsoft's advertisement-ridden dashboard already has my palms sweating a little bit, and I much prefer sony's sharing network of game footage to microsoft's 'most popular' media navigation. I don't want to see pop star advertisments everywhere. So, microsoft is really going to have to PROVE that they have strong IPs in development. I want to hear titles, the concepts of all these IPs, and see gameplay footage. They absolutely cannot be this vague at E3. The same can be said for Sony, too.
  • supadupasumo - May 31, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Well, I've had almost all the consoles through the ages, spent many an hour with my Xbox, then bought a PS3, then traded my Xbox. I'd like to think I was impartial, but I definitely hope the PS4 is the better console. I have PS+ until next September, and have just discovered the potential of cross play (shadow of colossus anywhere I feel like!) The thought of taking my home console gaming anywhere I please is a seriously fantastic prospect since I do spend a lot of time on the road. I did hate the Microsoft reveal, as that cut together video where all they talked about was TV and fucking COD condensed the essence into one short video, and on the surface at least Sony seem to be taking the lead at this point. Fact is, though, we won't actually know for a long time, but I do like the speculation. My money's on Sony to take this generation.......does anyone even remember the Wii U now? Only console I never gave a flying fuck about. Except the PSP, PSP go, PSP 1000, PSP light, PSP slim and/or lite, PSP 5billion etc etc
  • CitizenWolfie - May 31, 2013 5:15 a.m.

The last slide says it's too close to call, yet PS4 took more victories per slide? Anyway for my money I'll probably go with PS4 first. I'm a self-confessed Sony fanboy (despite having a PS3 and Xbox 360) and personally I prefer the Sony exclusives over Microsoft's hands down. I've gotten far more out of my free PSN account too than I ever have with my Xbox Gold account, so much so that I haven't bothered to renew my membership this year. Just in general after watching both reveal events I was far more excited at the PS4 than Xbox One. It seems like Microsoft are repeating all of Sony's mistakes with PS3 (namely assuming that gamers would love them regardless and just turn it into a media hub) whereas Sony appear to have learned from theirs and focused on the games again.
  • gadjo - June 4, 2013 12:45 a.m.

Despite being an xbox 360 owner this gen, I think ps4 has got this race in the bag as long as they don't do the same stupid online requirement and used game blocking. Usually I argue console wars on the games, but with shit like that it's hard to see the Xbone winning.
  • JimmyCooldaddy - May 30, 2013 7:51 p.m.

i wonder if i own both consoles if i can use the xbone's voice recognition to say "xbox, play ps4"...
  • mbavalo - June 11, 2013 5:01 a.m.

Quick! someone get this man a medal for his thinking!
  • Rowdie - May 28, 2013 7:55 a.m.

It's pretty much impossible to take someone's opinion seriously when they choose the sony controller over the ms controller. Should have known the article was going south when the specs section doesn't even mention the esram then gives sony the nod on ram. Giving the point to sony is almost certainly right but not because the gddr5 is superior to ddr3, but rather by not having to put the esram and move engine bit in the apu allowed for more gpu compute units. That's where the real power difference lies. Where is NextGeneration the mag when you need it?
  • Fyrebrand - May 28, 2013 1:23 p.m.

"It's pretty much impossible to take someone's opinion seriously when they choose the sony controller over the ms controller." Pfft, it's a matter of opinion. Personally, I can't stand Microsoft's controllers. Sony's are pretty much the best controllers I've ever used.
  • Rowdie - May 30, 2013 1:27 p.m.

No, it's an objectively measurable fact.
  • Fyrebrand - May 30, 2013 3:50 p.m.

Well, when you put it that way...
  • Rowdie - June 1, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Dead zones can be measured. Resolution can be measured. Cramps in your hands are real. Thumbs colliding are real. Bottom line if in your mind you believe the ps3 controller is superior none of your other conclusions should be taken seriously.
  • barrage7667 - June 11, 2013 6:51 p.m.

really? cause i have a ps3 and an xbox and i dont like the xbox controller nearly as much as the ps3 controllers. the joysticks give me issues.
  • Hig1134 - June 11, 2013 10:55 a.m.

Agreed. The Dual Shock is the best ever, IMO. I effing hate comments like Rowdie's. He's just sad cuz his beloved MS has re-invented the term "dropping the ball". Controller preference is exactly that...a preference.
  • broddeb - May 27, 2013 5:59 a.m.

How was that a tie? It looked more like the PS4 pipped it to me. Anyway...none of us will know until the systems are released and some of the exclusives have been reviewed but I'm swaying towards the PS4 at this point. I'll get the Xbone eventually but it won't be for a few years. Side note - I'm really looking forward to E3 this year! Not long now!!!
  • charliedude - May 27, 2013 3:09 a.m.

and ok you need internet (which ALOT of people have)
  • Jet - May 28, 2013 3:46 a.m.

And a lot of people don't. Even less have good internet
  • charliedude - May 27, 2013 3:04 a.m.

Xbox till i die, first off i know that the used games Bull**** is stupid but ps4 will probably have the same thing. Also the xbox isnt a dvr with a controller are you joking thats just one of many awesome features no one said you have to get f****** cable they're just taking it to the next level like they are supposed too. I will agree that ps4 is standing strong right now but you have to wait for E3 to judge yet. Xbox still gets the advantage for COD stuff.