• bebl09 - May 22, 2013 11:20 a.m.

Is this a joke? Sony wins purely for the fact that the Xbox charges for used games, requires an internet connection, requires mandatory full installs, and is essentially a TV box rather than a games console.
  • tlcdlite - May 22, 2013 1:52 p.m.

That's Bs and you know it..get informed
  • BladedFalcon - May 22, 2013 1:58 p.m.

He is very well informed, Microsoft has confirmed all that.
  • bebl09 - May 22, 2013 3:18 p.m.

I think you're the one that should get informed mate, as the other guy already said, it's all been confirmed by Microsoft. Just because they didn't mention it on stage in their conference (they're not quite THAT stupid) doesn't mean they didn't talk about it in other interviews.
  • Figments - May 24, 2013 6:50 p.m.

1) Sony hasn't even said anything about their used games policies yet, so we don't know jack. 2) Microsoft has plenty of time to fix their stupid policies before E3 when everything is more or less settled about the Internet thing. Honestly, I don't care either way, but if you want to play without having the Internet, then you should be able to play. Hopefully this will be remedied and all this gloom and doom can be directed towards where it should go: godawful digital cameras and their massive lenses. 3) Your PC already requires mandatory full installs. Your point? 3) I'm sorry. It appears you missed the memo Microsoft sent out a few weeks ago where they said that this previous press conference wasn't going to have any, if at all, gaming-related news, and that E3 was where they were going to show off the big guns. Why spoil the whole storyline in the first act of the play?
  • bebl09 - May 24, 2013 7:25 p.m.

If you notice, the article is titled "Which one looks best [so far]?" And so my comment stands, just because Sony haven't said anything about used games, so far we know that Microsoft will be charging for them so Sony should win so far just off that. Again, your point #2 isn't really valid because so far, requiring an online connection is fucking ridiculous. I agree about cameras though. A console isn't a PC. I should be able to insert my game and play it without worrying about installs, or how much space I have on my hard drive. The fact that the One will only have 500GB doesn't help, I mean how many full games will that fit? I'm not sure if you noticed but you have two point #3s lol. Again, based on who won so far, Sony should win on games because Microsoft showed bugger on in their conference. Yes, they've said it wasn't about games, but if GR are going to have a section on games then you can judge them. It was also a joke GR gving Microsoft a win simply because they said there'll be 15 new exclusives. For all we know literally every one of those could be a god awful Kinect game (I'm not saying they will be, just that we know nothing about them) whereas Sony actually showed games and gameplay.
  • bebl09 - May 24, 2013 7:26 p.m.

That should read "bugger all" at the end of the 2nd line of the final paragraph. I don't want GR to start using DIsqus but they could at least put in an edit button lol.
  • Adi_9194 - May 31, 2013 9:27 a.m.

So that people don't walk out or chuck vegetables at the actors before the second act. That's why.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - May 22, 2013 11:09 a.m.

Right now, as much as I like Microsoft, I think Sony are winning, and probably will win the next gen. Unless they utterly mess up later down the line.
  • xplode77 - May 22, 2013 11:04 a.m.

probably ps4, sincei i dont think xbox will change the way u access content via xbox lives subscription service, as long as sony doesnt change their subscription service, its not contest. Also, it seems...sonys focus is games, while microsofts is sports and accessing web, while pushing the kinect.
  • Redeater - May 21, 2013 11:15 p.m.

I get that naming it Xbox one will make it easier for the inevitable Xbox 2. That said, did they learn fucking nothing from Nintendo?? I read a hilarious mock conversation on another website between your average uniformed customer and a retail employee. Apparently, the average joe/jill is having a difficult enough time differentiating between the Wii and the Wii U......how many emails are they going to have to send to customers when people say "I already have that Xbox, my kid wants the Xbox 720 or Xbox 4....."
  • winner2 - May 21, 2013 9:33 p.m.

Since I watch TV in a different room, don't care about playing online, and don't care about sports, the ps4 looks better to me. But I still won't be buying anything next gen but games on PC until a good price drop and a clearer picture once they're both out for a while after that.
  • sandplasma - May 21, 2013 9:29 p.m.

Congrats to both companies for firing their design teams and making their consoles actual ugly boxes.
  • JMarsella09 - May 21, 2013 9:01 p.m.

I'm worried about the future of gaming... Hopeful, but worried.
  • injustice45 - May 21, 2013 8:44 p.m.

I give it to Microsoft for showing the console, but at least Sony showed a ton of games.
  • Grumpiggles - May 21, 2013 7:27 p.m.

I'm pretty sure it's just called Quantum Break, not Quantum Dawnbreak.
  • obviouslyadouche - May 21, 2013 7:23 p.m.

Both the Xbone and PS4 have failed to excite me, maybe it's because of my new pc, but nothing either of them are doing really seems groundbreaking.
  • mikehoncho - May 21, 2013 9:27 p.m.

There's really no new ground to break. Technology has pretty much leveled off for the time being. There's really no need for new consoles honestly.
  • PatHan-bHai - May 22, 2013 9:22 a.m.

Xbone..........hehehehhe :P
  • dns - May 21, 2013 7:22 p.m.

This conference only made me more convict of my choice: PC + Wii U = Best Graphics (PC) + Best Price (Steam) + Best Exclusives (Wii U) Well at least to me. But I still need more exclusives to make me buy a Wii U...
  • ncurry2 - May 21, 2013 8:02 p.m.

Came here to say this. Just built me a nice gaming PC last month and I've already bought 7 of the 22 PS3 games I had for it, just to play with my friends/mods. And they all cost like 5 bucks each. I don't care that Nintendo doesn't get multiplat releases because I can play them on the best system, PC. So all I want out of my console is exclusives and Nintendo will have that. I got mine at launch but outside of some surprisingly fun Nintendoland parties, it's just waiting for the big hitters to roll out. I'd wait til the end of this year.
  • dns - May 21, 2013 8:28 p.m.

Also because PS4 and XONE are based on PC architecture ports on PC will look better and be easier to port. It's funny, but the consoles may help the PC gaming grow...