We Recommend

• Kyte - February 12, 2014 10:13 p.m.

The only way I would buy a XBONE is if it could play pc games. I think microsoft would have made a larger impact on the market and win over the pc fanboys if they had added that feature. The xbox 360 had Twitter, facebook, youtube. Internet Explorer etc. Now they added Windows 8 OS to the mix. No pc gaming function? Who wouldnt want to own a 2 in 1 system. They could have added a partiton like function that allow you to change over between a Xbone custom windows like pc side and the Xbone live side. Oh well, my ps2 and 360 are still working. So, i'm gonna pass on these consoles. They way I see it, each console generation that passes, its successor will move closer to becoming a pc. PC FTW!!
  • Drekner - February 13, 2014 11:06 a.m.

Dude. If that was possible, that would have sold soooo many consoles. I'm planning heavily on getting a PS4 but if the xbone could do that.. I'd switch up my game for sure.
  • GOD - February 13, 2014 12:40 a.m.

I think it's worth mentioning that although the voice commands may not be as extensive on PS4, you don't even have to buy the camera to use them, as you can just plug in the included mono headset and turn on voice command in the options without having to buy anything additional.
  • sephex - February 13, 2014 3:49 a.m.

"The Xbox One still has the better exclusives; Forza, Killer Instinct, and (surprisingly) Ryse are games that PS4 owners will pine for. In terms of genres, there's also a wider range of variety on Microsoft's system." Vs. "Thing is, the majority of these upcoming releases are shooters; the Xbox One does (for now, at least) seem to be lacking some variety when it comes to AAA titles." Now which one?
  • jamie-krukowski - February 13, 2014 1:06 p.m.

I do agree with this, despite adoring my Xbox One and being an avid fan of Xbox and Microsoft in general. I guess I'm a fanboy, but again, the article's judgement is completely accurate to me. I think with the onset of oncoming games and the improvements on the niggles that are currently there with the system, it'll be much closer. I don't mind the lesser graphics, I can deal with that, especially with the pros of the excellent interface, the Kinect et al.
  • Danijel86 - February 13, 2014 3:43 p.m.

PS 4 is definitely better choice, don't forget that for PS 3 also took some time to reach its full potential, at the same time consoles today have bean used for much more than just gaming. 1 or 2 two better exclusives for now does not mean that Xbox is better, wait a little Sony has always have better exclusives ( IMPO ), sure it will continue to pursue this tradition... http://geekperspective.net/ps4-vs-xbox-one-which-one-should-you-buy/
  • jason-clarke - February 15, 2014 12:50 p.m.

I love my ps4, the recent release of outlast was massive and most impressive being given it for free on PS plus, I have not once regretted getting a ps4 over the Xbox one, coming from a Xbox 360 I thought I would miss the interface and network stability but no the ps4 has been solid, I've had a few game crashes but I put it down to early days shakes. The simple fact all third party games are better performers on the ps4 certainly helps as well, I thought battlefield and cod were just shakey starts on the Xbox one and sooner or later the games will start using the force. But then tomb raider came along and its the same story all over again. The ps4 really is a fair bit stronger under the hood its becoming clearer all the time just how much. I do miss forza tho I love that franchise.
  • chr1s_crown - February 25, 2014 1:32 p.m.

I will always put xbox before ps any day .I've read comments and it's funny how Noone talking about ps 3 psn was down for months in 2012 and couldn't get online meanwhile us xbox gamers had no such issue funny how that is. And FYI the sales do matter with the economy the way it is people are buying ps4 cause its cheaper it's only been 4 months since they have been released not a lot of games are out there give it time sales will go up for xbox
  • alexzannino - February 26, 2014 3:15 a.m.

But its also funny how much system updates the Xbox1 has needed since the release. Plus how mush do you pay for Xbox Live Gold for 3 months. You pay $15 for PSN.
  • Hig1134 - April 10, 2014 8:01 a.m.

"it's funny how Noone talking about ps 3 psn was down for months in 2012 " You want to know what's really funny?? How Xbox fans need to dwell on the past to make arguments for the present. This is not about 360/PS3, it's about XB1/PS4. MS are charging more money for a less powerful system. Multi-platform games have already shown the discrepancy. You're right, sales do matter...and in that regard, PS4 is handing XB1 it's ass.
  • matthewgoodwin236933 - March 6, 2014 8:46 p.m.

The PlayStation 4 is by far the best gaming system to hit the market! I've played the xbox1 and its nice and will not down it and actually I'm going to buy one this weekend. But the Ps4 is great everything about the system is better than I imagined it and while I was standing in line 11/14/13 I was very excited knowing that I was just hrs away and I knew it was going to be great but not as great as it is!! (Greatness awaits) You cannot go wrong with the ps4 ...games are beautiful and its theirs so much more to come. Xbox fans have a habit of downing Sony but its clear to me who has won the battle. I can walk in any retail store and buy a Xbox one but you can't find a PS4 or many accessories for that matter. So if any of you are getting next gen you can't go wrong with the PS4 . I went from the 360 to the ps4 and after doing so I went ahead and picked up the ps3 to have a selection of games to play even though its hard to play a game on the 4 and then play one on the three I finally admit the ps3 is better than the 360 and I cannot imagine the new Xbox will ever be as great as the ps4 If you are a gamer ps4 is the way to go if you want to do do non gaming things and have slightly less power graphic wise stick with bill... GREATNESS AWAITS
  • Zytose - March 9, 2014 4:05 p.m.

Ps4 is simply better in many ways than the xbox, I have trailed the xbox one round a friends house, after trying to turn it on in 5 minutes with voice commands, he gave up and admitted that it hardly works. Ps4 has not concentrated on voice commands however, the ps4 commands actually work more than 60% of the time even if there's less of them and in more languages. Sony has concentrated more on games than little gadgets that people may find more fun than the actual games themselves and which means the games have been thought about and have been selected from small, to eventually big. The ps4 can go vertically instead of just flat which is all an xbox one can do, the pricing IS cheaper than the xbox is and for some reason, people seem to think the price is why most people went for one instead of an xbox, or they got some common sense maybe (chubby face), the cameras cheaper, and most people don't even use the kinect, and maybe they don't like being spied on perhaps. The ps4 looks slim and futuristic, unlike the xbox which, no offence, is just a fat ass box, let's be honest. Something I found out a month ago, is that if you have something like beats studio of something, you can actually plug any 3.5mm or something like that into the controller and have wireless surround sound when watching a film, playing a game or talking to mates, unlike the xbox, (sad face), which only has 2.5mm or something like that, which is not very common headsets, so you have to but special ones. There's so much more but I can't be arsed any more, but one more the ps4 has bluetooth, meaning you can use bluetooth keyboards, like apple ones, which I have tried and they work, perfectly, and the controller has a built in lithium battery which can be recharged, huh, no more wasting materials XBOX!, they make you buy a rechargeable battery, isn't that dumb of them...the end!
  • nash-burgess - March 27, 2014 9:05 p.m.

You stupid retards you did not look at ventilation and how hot it actually gets you know that tempter can affect play speeds and lag Tim's and overall systems inside the console
  • nash-burgess - March 27, 2014 9:14 p.m.

Then you wood se Xbox one is more superior
  • nash-burgess - March 27, 2014 9:19 p.m.

Avery one that is saying that Xbox should play PC games it is just simply that the console it self is far far far less processing power and preferments then the PC or gaming computer (same thing) . Put the point is the PC is way more powerful
  • TrAnMu - April 9, 2014 7:22 p.m.

Can we stop referring to it as Next Gen? This is the current generation now.
  • Grady_McAlister - April 9, 2014 7:26 p.m.

--heres some XB1 updates --you can unhook kinect from XB1(so do it!) --i put mine its own coffin and tomb --it might just be me --but my xb1 controller is FALLING ALL TO PIECES --mainly the LS and right trigger --so i went online to look for some upgrades and fixes --TURNS OUT --you cant do ANYTHING to an xb1 controller(in other words ~ "buy a new controller") --HOWEVER --you CAN take the ps4 controller 'all to pieces' --and replace the pieces individually --AND ON TOP OF THAT --xb1 will not get on xblive --i dont know whats wrong ?? --but my xb1 has not seen xblive for over a week --so id have to say --FUCK XBOX1 --ITS A TOTAL POS --go with the ps4!
  • Shnubby - April 10, 2014 4:27 a.m.

I was an Xbox 360 gamer all of last generation but without doubt the PS4 has definitely got more appeal this time around.