• daverudden - March 21, 2014 1:24 p.m.

Love the WWE tag team in the first slot. You can't spell High Energy without henereyg! Wait a sec...
  • SouthTippBass - March 21, 2014 1:19 p.m.

Positives of being a gamer in the 90s: Renting out a PC game like Quake 2 or Duke Nukem and installing it. Then realising it will play without needing the disc, happy days :)
  • g1rldraco7 - March 21, 2014 1:09 p.m.

Those rumble packs were pricey, but buying a themed controller was where they got you. I should know I bought the Gold Zelda N64 controller and the rumble pack just for Majora's Mask when my birthday came around. The Majora's Mask cartridge was gold as well so it was worth it to me :#
  • Bansheebot - March 21, 2014 1:01 p.m.

You were one of those kids who didn't have a memory card for a long time. I will never forget the first time I felt the magic of actually being able to progress through more of the game without leaving the playstation on all night. I got to unlock secret things in THPS2! I got to beat the first disc in FF9! I could play resident evil in non-iron man mode! Truly wondrous feelings.
  • BladedFalcon - March 21, 2014 12:48 p.m.

I still find it amusing that Henry is now considered the Grandpa of GR when 3-4 years ago, he was one of the youngest editors, with only Tyler Wilde being younger than him, I think XD
  • StrayGator - March 21, 2014 12:38 p.m.

I assume blowing into cartridges was too obvious to list here (or it isn't 90s enough?). Also, computers with primitive OSes barely had any memory management capability. You often had to unload drivers and TSR programs (or reboot with an alternative, minimalist autoexec.bat) to free enough base memory for games to run.
  • Eightboll812 - March 21, 2014 6:03 p.m.

Definitely more of an 80s thing.
  • dangomushi - March 21, 2014 12:09 p.m.

When you allowed a friend to borrow a game that your parents just spent a lot of money on. Also this friend is a known bad apple. This usually resulted in your parents calling their parents and the eventual Sharpie marker identification on every game related item you own.
  • darnell-l-armstrong - March 21, 2014 4:05 p.m.

Most parents (mine especially, when i got my n64) wouldnt let said games leave the house...
  • db1331 - March 21, 2014 12:05 p.m.

Screen-watching was like masturbating. Nobody admitted to it, but everyone did it.
  • EAC73 - March 21, 2014 11:56 a.m.

I'm sure other people still have LAN parties. A group of my friends tend to have LAN parties a few times a year.
  • thomas-fitzsimmons - March 21, 2014 8:58 p.m.

That sounds cool especially with zombies having 4 systems hookup to one router
  • universaltofu - March 21, 2014 11:50 a.m.

The flimsy boxes is the most upsetting one looking back. I would try and keep the instruction booklets but over time they just became perfunctory. All I have left of some games is a fractured memory. I probably wouldn't want to be storing a bunch of boxes anyway, but maybe I should have taken some pictures or something.
  • Fubar_jr - March 21, 2014 11:43 a.m.

You want to play a game on your handheld device, but neither of you have a link cable. You've daisy chained all of your game systems together, but 1 of them has a bad cable connector. There are these things called Entertainment centers. They fit a 32" (Max) TV, a VCR, a Stereo system and a DVD player, (if you're cutting edge). So you have to stack your game systems, which are top loaders or hing to open on the top.
  • thomas-fitzsimmons - March 21, 2014 8:56 p.m.

The Panasonic 3do is a daisy chain controller system which is compacted when it comes to playing those two play games