Topics

Pokemon

• winner2 - September 13, 2013 11:12 a.m.

Looks like froakie for me atm, unless chespin pulls a 180 and surprises me in the final evo. I saw a fan art guess as froakie's final as a big giant ninja bullfrog with a pearl necklace thing, it was legit. I hope the real evo is as cool.
  • Cyberninja - September 13, 2013 10:44 a.m.

Chespin all the way, getting Squirtle as my kanto starter
  • Bloodstorm - September 13, 2013 10:29 a.m.

So, based on second stage evolutions, Froakie suddenly seems the way to go. Guess it'd be Froakie and Charmander for me.
  • slimjim441 - September 13, 2013 10:08 a.m.

Who would have thought that Froakie would start looking cooler than both Fenekin and Chespin? Not this guy. But alas, I may be choosing both water types for my 6th and 1st gen starters now (Squirtle was a given).
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 11:01 a.m.

I agree with you there. Depending on how the final forms end up looking, I might end up sticking with Froakie instead of Fennekin. I'll get Charmander as my 1st gen starter regardless XD
  • slimjim441 - September 13, 2013 11:22 a.m.

I was hoping Chespin would be cooler, but he doesn't look too promising either. Only final evos will tell. The only thing I know is that Fennekin is more than likely completely out of the picture.
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 11:33 a.m.

Only reason I am still hesitating is because Fennekin and it's evolution DO have several physic moves... and I'm hoping for a final evolution in which the typing will be Fire and Psychic. But yeah... that second evolution design really has let me down. And even if it's double typed that way, if the final evolution ends up making it looking more like a witch... I'm out.
  • slimjim441 - September 13, 2013 12:28 p.m.

My guess is it will. I'd also put money down that it will be fire/psy. Who knows, maybe they'll manage to pull it off, but I think I'll stick with Ninetales.
  • C.King - September 13, 2013 2:45 p.m.

glow punch still make me think they could throw in another fire fighting, emboar looks so villainous to not be a dark type! he looks like windwaker gannon!
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 3:53 p.m.

That's not a glow punch though, it's Psychock. A special attack that targets defense instead of special defense. I very much doubt he'll become fighting/Fire... Not to mention, Fighting/fire has been annoyingly overdone for the last 3 generations straight.
  • C.King - September 13, 2013 4:21 p.m.

? this particular article talks about psyshock. but fenniken and its evolution do know the new move Glow punch, you can see fenniken use it in the trailers actually i not sure if i've seen others use it. the stave seems like it could go either way to me because of that move....
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 4:26 p.m.

Hmmm... You're right, but we don't even know what type is it. And I have to insist that fennekin's evolution doesn't look much of a fighter to me XD
  • JarkayColt - September 13, 2013 10:03 a.m.

Couple of mistakes in this. "Frogadier can learn Bounce, a Water-type move that's super effective against Grass types somehow." Derp, that's because Bounce has always been a Flying-type move; that's why it's super effective! Also, Pyroar's Echoed Voice is not a new move. It was introduced in Generation 5. I like most of the new Pokémon so far though. Quilladin reminds me of Crash Bandicoot for some reason lol. I don't think much to Mega Garchomp though...also Furfrou's Ability (which you didn't mention here) sounds a bit broken. It's like Marvel Scale but you don't have to have a status condition.
  • Jason Fanelli - September 13, 2013 12:49 p.m.

You know, that Bounce part sounded weird when I typed it, but I pressed on. Never was a Flying-type trainer... Thanks for catching all of that. I totally meant to mention the Fur Coat ability too, but got carried away with the joke. All three are fixed.
  • JarkayColt - September 13, 2013 1:47 p.m.

No problem. From Gen IV onwards quite a lot of Water Pokémon can actually learn Bounce (I actually think they're the majority of Bounce users, weirdly), so it's an easy mistake to make. Not to rain on your parade, but I noticed a couple other things just now as well. Firstly, the types for Xerneas and Yveltal are listed here, but the body of text hasn't been updated to reflect that (not only do we know their types, we also know their signature moves as well, Geomancy and Oblivion Wing). Secondly, the entry for Sylveon is incorrect about the Moon Stone. Eevee cannot evolve using the Moon Stone, Leaf Stone, Dusk Stone, Dawn Stone, Sun Stone or Shiny Stone. The Moon Stone isn't even the only original stone it can't use, because that would include the Leaf Stone (Leafeon didn't use a stone so as to not cause confusion). It probably evolves through some new method (some people also think Sylveon will be an evolution for female Eevees only, especially because it's the 8th Eeveelution and 1 in 8 Eevees are female.)
  • C.King - September 13, 2013 2:42 p.m.

wish they'd just name sylveon Eveon then if it female only. them stones.... sorta want more uses for em but same time that'd make choosing who to use em on harder.
  • Frieza - August 8, 2013 noon

Ohmygod guys! Mega Evolutions were just revealed! Please update as soon as you can!!! They look... Strange. We'll see when clearer images of them surface on the Internet.
  • masterjoe123 - July 16, 2013 11:42 a.m.

Xernias and Yveltol had their types confirmed. Xernias is fairy and Yveltol is dark/flying.
  • hatzume - July 19, 2013 12:14 a.m.

hey wat weaknesses are there in fairies???
  • shawksta - July 16, 2013 7:55 a.m.

You guys forgot to update Skrelp and Clauncher as they were confirmed version exclusives, Skrelp on Y and Clauncher on X