• Kanden - August 31, 2010 1:51 a.m.

I used to hack. I destroyed my AR after it broke my game and I had to reset it losing my legit Mystry Mew ;_; I have a question though, how do you guys feel about RNG Abuse? If you don't know what that is, it's basically a program that once you enter in you Trainer ID and your Secret ID (which is not viewable in game but can be found with a legit non-chained shiny and a bit of math)and a base seed and time it will work out the math and tell you when you can breed a pokemon and be guaranteed to get a shiny. What are your thoughts on this, it's not quite cheating since it is built into the game but it's not fully legit since normally you wouldn't have this information at your fingertips.
  • sammypip - August 31, 2010 1:45 a.m.

I have never hacked, but I own Pokemon that originally were, that i obtained through a trade, seeing as i won a huge youtube contest. I got a shiny rayquaza, which i dont feel guilty for, because i soft reset for a shiny rayquaza in my original emerald that i bought.
  • Elfangor01 - August 31, 2010 1:32 a.m.

I'm for it only if obtaining TM's or rare candies, I mean stop and think if I'm training two pokemon both of which need to learn dragon claw, I'm BONED! Also after I'm done EV training I don't wanna have to level up to 50 or 100, and I have a bad habit needing to make sure my pokemon are exactly at level 50 or 100.
  • pimpboo - August 31, 2010 1:21 a.m.

Well I've been using a AR ever since diamond, at times I regret it but mostly it gave me quick level ups and a whole bunch of fun afterwards. I would have to say that if you use it for WiFi battles than you are pretty dumb but if you just cheat your game for 999x Rare Candy or Infinite Money than your perfectly fine.
  • NathanXplosion - August 31, 2010 1:16 a.m.

Hell Yeah I cheated. Had a game shark but before that I would use the surf glitch and duplicate pokemon with my friends by trading and pulling the link cable before the trade was complete on my end so I got to keep my pokemon. My motto was "Gotta catch'em all, by any means necessary." Although I have been thinking about getting back into the Pokemon games since I started listening to Pokemon Mondays and if I did I would play the game straight this time.
  • BoltActionRevolver - August 31, 2010 1:15 a.m.

^AKA Legit cheating. Your not actually making something outside the game, just speeding up. Its when you use the cheat to cheat others, that's the hard line most of us pull. (I did give my sister some of my shines, but I told her that I used the AR to get them. I didn't fib or anything on that)
  • Lurkero - August 31, 2010 1:12 a.m.

The new Pokemon cartoon looks good. Too bad the new Pokemon and female protagonist don't look that good. Her hair is such a horrible design choice IMO.
  • MrSuitMan - August 31, 2010 1:09 a.m.

I cheat only to make training (especially ev training) faster. However, I draw the line at stuff like max IVs. I mass breed Pokemon (using fast egg hatch) for the nature I want, but I never ever set it as 31 IVs for all stats. I also do stuff like battle lvl 1 Machamps for 3 ATK evs, because EV training is so tedious. I disapprove of movesets given to Pokemon that are impossible to learn. As you can see, I'm kinda a mixed bag. Just think of it as "You can cheat. Just don't cheat too much"
  • MetalReborn - August 31, 2010 12:58 a.m.

i've used it on some pc rom's to make my machoke and kadabra "evolve", as well as to change the natures of my pokemon so i dont have do wade through tall grass for 12 hours just to find the right kind of houndour ^^
  • BoltActionRevolver - August 31, 2010 12:46 a.m.

Ooooo, and to add to my previously posted post (Because thats what posts post when they post) Its an ActionReplay. So, yes, I Insta-kill through caves cause no one likes Golbat after its the 25th time finding one in three minuets. I will use the Platinum Shiney Code just for fun. I don't quick Lvl up because that cheats me out of EVs (Though it might be helpful in EV training. You can get up a few levels before you get close to maxing out Evs, but sence by this time, its a different cart, I don't care about EVs, or things like that. I'm there to just waste time. I do have a legit game on a different cart
  • NightAce84 - August 31, 2010 12:40 a.m.

For the actual cartridge games, absolutely not. I would never cheat those things. I treat each like a result of my hard work. The roms on my pc though are a different story. They are meant to be screwed with.
  • BoltActionRevolver - August 31, 2010 12:39 a.m.

I cheat the hell out of the second play through. By that time, its a "I'm on a plane to [random state] and I finished my [Random Magazine] before we got off the ground. I'm past 10,000 ft, what now" Why, the game you can put down for a bit and easily pick up of course!
  • oufour - August 31, 2010 12:32 a.m.

@510brotherpanda yeah the 5th gen protagonists looks WAY cooler. that might be because i have brown curly hair too as well though.
  • 510BrotherPanda - August 31, 2010 12:30 a.m.

I only used it for healing items. I don't like having to waste time going to the store to buy them. Also, I'm tired of seeing Ash/Satoshi in the cartoon. Somebody kill him off and use the 5th Gen Protagonists instead. Having only watched the Gen 1 part, I am tired of seeing this relic of the 90's "10 year old boy" continue to be the main character.
  • MrDuracraft - August 31, 2010 12:29 a.m.

I am OK with cheat devices as long as they aren't used to give yourself an advantage in a tournament, online, or even friend-to-friend battle. I've used them, but only after I have beaten the game once. I use the hacks to do a speed run and then just mess around. I never do tournaments and none of my friends play Pokemon, and I use legit Pokemon to do online so using a gameshark or action replay is fine to me.
  • Valntyne - August 31, 2010 12:28 a.m.

Missingo FTW!
  • Grimi - August 31, 2010 12:26 a.m.

Sweet new Pokemon Monday!Glad to see Ditto get some recognition. I'm not really a fan of using external hardware to hack Pokemon games, cause Pokemon is all about the reward or working towards caching rare Pokemon or spending time training and leveling them. If you hack them then its just kind of meaningless.
  • NentendoZ - August 31, 2010 12:25 a.m.

Yay! just made this account for Pokemon Monday! I tolerated Hacking in the middle of the Diamond/pearl series.When HG/SS came out i stayed away to it like the Plague. Bret Needs to be drunk/have a hangover more often. :D Anyway Great podcast guys I'm listening to it ATM,Ash totally looks like an Actually Anime character now. Anyway i love the podcast and made a account just for this awesome podcast.
  • oufour - August 31, 2010 12:23 a.m.

never sued a cheat device. well, once i used one to do a only sableye run, which failed cause i couldn't get it too work. hey, can that be next week's pokemon of the week? sableye? he's my favorite. much better than that floating vomit spirittomb. at least in appearance.
  • Frosty - August 31, 2010 12:20 a.m.

Prime intro from Brett, 10/10.