Topics

fighting

We Recommend

• FightingGAme - October 8, 2012 9:58 p.m.

Its a wonderfull game this fighting is totally animated i like very much to play fighting games play more Fighting Games Hey dudes I really enjoyed this fighting game to play more fighting games <a href=” http://www.aboutagame.com/category/fighting/”> Fighting Games </a>
  • zombi3grim - October 8, 2012 5:30 a.m.

Game looks great!
  • michael-webb - October 8, 2012 3:43 a.m.

I played this game 4 times at Eurogamer, I loved it! I played as Drake,(Evil) Cole, Jax & Daxter and Kratos (way over-powered but he is a god I guess). The controls took some getting used to and not completely sure how the Dodge/Block works L1 I think. The super-attacks were awesome and I can't wait to play this on both my PS3 and vita.
  • dangomushi - October 8, 2012 12:19 a.m.

This game became legit in my mind when they poached Killian.
  • RonnyLive19881 - October 7, 2012 2:58 p.m.

"It might make Nintendo speed up Smash Bros. production" Only one I agreed with, otherwise I can't get excited for this ripoff. I do hope Smash bros takes a leaf from this and adds costumes and DLC.
  • zombi3grim - October 7, 2012 8:32 p.m.

It may have ripped it off, but it did do the enviroments and special moves better.
  • LBD_Nytetrayn - October 7, 2012 2:12 p.m.

I don't own a PS3 or Vita (yet, anyway), but this is definitely one game I'd definitely like to play as soon as I get either one.
  • winner2 - October 7, 2012 1:29 p.m.

I know I could have just gotten a GC controller for the wii, but the wii mote killed brawl for me. I'm looking forward to just being able to pick this up at some point and being fine with a ps3 controller. Also, big daddy is on the roster so I'm sold.
  • brickman409 - October 7, 2012 11:54 a.m.

whats up with the top 9 lists these days, i thought top 7 lists was gamesradar's thing, why you guys switching to 9?
  • DarthKratos - October 7, 2012 1:42 a.m.

If one of the alternate costumes for Dante is his original Devil May cry look, then I'm sold
  • garnsr - October 6, 2012 6:56 p.m.

I'm terrible at fighting games, even though I've gotten every Soul Calibur since the DC, and I didn't like the little I played of the latest Smash Bros, but I'm sort of interested in this game. It's hard to imagine such a huge undertaking could be set up on a basically unsound foundation, like some of the posters think, but it's always possible. I'd like to try the demo, at least.
  • Fhiend - October 6, 2012 5:43 p.m.

Hope we get a demo of this before release.
  • MonsieurRik - October 6, 2012 4:58 p.m.

So many white men. It does look like they're making a great game.
  • IamTheBalance - October 6, 2012 4:22 p.m.

oh hey look new super smash bros!!! oh wait.....
  • PleasantPig - October 7, 2012 6:28 a.m.

Are you that guy who is always commenting on Destructoid, or just someone who happens to have a very similar avatar?
  • IamTheBalance - October 7, 2012 4:33 p.m.

Wtf is destructiod
  • jackthemenace - October 6, 2012 4:03 p.m.

They've already said it, but the combat system SOUNDS broken from the get-go. The only feasible way I can think of to get it to work would be to have the meter build up as you hit others, and then the finisher becomes available- this leads to trying to hit enemies, but can still miss, and the person that gets the most in a time limit, or gets to a certain amount first, wins. I imagine this is probably the way it's going to go, but it still leaves us with one problem: The fastest character wins. Always. In fighters, you've always got three classes: The fast-but-weak guys, the strong-but-slow guys, and those in between. But when you take away health bars, you get the fast winners, the medium have-a-chancers, and the slow not-a-chancers. Which would, theoretically, make around a third of that 'awesome' roster completely useless. I'd love to play it, I really would- I don't normally like arcade-style fighters, but I did enjoy brawl- and the inclusion of Dante, Raiden and Sly get me REALLY pumped, especially with their alternate costumes- but the game just sounds SO FLAWED. I mean, seriously- WHO came up with this system, and WHO the F*CK said YES to it!?
  • fidiga - October 6, 2012 6:54 p.m.

Well brotha, if you truly are excited for this game and are not just complaining for the sake of it, I'm pleased to tell you that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I'm was part of the beta and this game is awesome. I'm glad to inform you that your theory is wrong as well. The fastest characters don't always win. As a matter of fact it's not even close to being that way. Superbot really did an amazing job in balancing the way each character builds their meters. For example Radec is by no means fast, and he gets most of his points by using range attacks, but he still is able to hold his own against the likes of kratos and sweet tooth. People keep saying that without health bars you don't have to try in this game to succeed, but that's far from the case. This game takes a lot of skills. You want to hit your opponent to build your meter, the more combos you can dish out without getting hit yourself the faster your meters build up. At the same time your also watching all of your opponents meters to make sure that they aren't going up. You also have to analyze and try and predict when your opponent is about to use their supers. You never know if they'll use their level ones, twos, or if their waiting for their level three. When someone uses their supers against you you have to try and dodge it, which is possible to do when get more skilled at the game. And theres no better feeling than countering a super with your own and hearing everyone on your headset cheer and laugh at how awesome it looked. This game is nothing short of amazing and I believe you'll enjoy it as much as I have once you get it. I love Smash as much as the next guy and I was one of the skeptics when this game was first announced, and I really do hate to compare the two because I feel that they are both great games, but having playing both, I think I may just like Playstation Battle Royal better than Smash. And I feel that's a good thing giving the fact that this game is newer. And to comment on your last question, I don't know who came up with this system and who approved of it, but I'm glad they did. I can't wait for the finished product. Add me on PSN if you ever get this game btw Username: FII I'd love to play you and see what you think about it when you get a chance to play.