• FOZ - December 21, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Mass Effect 3's gameplay is okay, pretty good even. But the graphics and animation are all inexplicably a step down from ME2, and the story is a complete disaster. Packed with holes, incredibly contrived situations, pathetically transparent attempts at pathos, and a barrage of cliches, it does almost nothing right at all. I didn't play that many games this year, so I can only say Dishonored. You would expect a longer game seeing as it's pretty much "this year's Deus Ex" and the story is predictable, but the art and world design, the gameplay variety, and level of polish are all pretty much fantastic.
  • halomech15 - December 21, 2012 2:06 p.m.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Mass Effect 3 was GOTY. I loved it, and for me it came down to ME3 and Halo 4, and Halo 4 barely won (although I haven't played Far Cry 3 or Dishonored yet, so I dunno.)
  • Lurkero - December 21, 2012 1:53 p.m.

I typically enjoy these kinds of awards more than the typical awards. Mush more interesting to me. 1) I did indeed forget Ghost Recon Future Soldier existed 2) Vaas is more of a performance than a character. His character is rather shallow to me. 3) Capcom must have something against Okami. They keep picking it up and dropping it right on its face.
  • Acerlux - December 21, 2012 1:46 p.m.

Huh. I guess the extended cut did it for some people. Glad that it helped them I guess. Far Cry 3 was my overall GOTY from what I've played thus far, but I've still got Dishonored and XCOM on my list. And I suppose I'd better find out what all of the fuss is about with TWD. I hope they can dethrone FC3, because I really liked it and would love to have even better.
  • profile0000 - December 21, 2012 1:30 p.m.

"Best soundtrack that wasn't Journey award" Nice
  • robotic-fiend - December 21, 2012 1:30 p.m.

I've put 282 hours into the multiplayer alone for mass effect 3, the combat is really enjoyable. I never would have thought that the multiplayer would be anything other than a throwaway but it's diablo 2 levels of addicting.
  • Acerlux - December 21, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Ooh, that's a good point. I never even considered how the MP aspect might fit in to people's voting. Barring my extreme hatred for the RNG aspect of the store, I continue to love the hell out of it to this day. The way its been expanded upon since launch, alongside of the weekly balance changes really has blown me away.
  • ventanger - December 21, 2012 1:27 p.m.

Nice, Game Informer named ME3 has their GOTY, so your readers are in good company.