Topics

Battlefield 3 EA

• Evanesco - November 8, 2011 1:47 p.m.

And I laugh, and I laugh, and I laugh.
  • D0CCON - November 8, 2011 1:41 p.m.

Note how they don't mind if you let the rat live which ends up getting the human killed. Sounds about right for PETA, disease-carrying rodent that will likely be killed by a hawk in two hours if left to be free>human life.
  • e1337prodigy - November 8, 2011 1:31 p.m.

Utterly ridiculous. Did anyone tell them "they are not real". Don't tell me have to start putting "no animals were harmed in the making of this game".
  • fugazithreat - November 8, 2011 1:10 p.m.

What about the Whack-a-mole game?
  • fugazithreat - November 8, 2011 1:09 p.m.

Oh yeah the rat was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think it was eyeballing the soldier so if it didn't want to be killed it should have moved faster. Damb little sucker. Oh yeah "Sorry for your damb luck" rat.
  • fugazithreat - November 8, 2011 1:06 p.m.

This is one of the funniest comments I've ever read over a game. Why didn't they say anything about the Mario Bros. series or how about Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Legend of Zelda, Cabellas Adventure or any or one?
  • Mode - November 8, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Honestly, who even gives a rat's ass about what PETA says anymore? Thank you, I'll be here all week.
  • codystovall - November 8, 2011 12:03 p.m.

I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home.
  • ericthesmith - November 8, 2011 1:34 p.m.

This comment is the best.
  • keltar93 - November 8, 2011 1:37 p.m.

They're not much bigger than two meters
  • Voltanis - November 8, 2011 11:47 a.m.

The real question is, why isn't PETA going after Activision and Modern Warfare 3 for cruelty against gamers?
  • UberNoob - November 8, 2011 12:32 p.m.

PETA is an animal-based foundation. Are you saying gamers are animals?!
  • Logic - November 8, 2011 1:47 p.m.

Humans are part of the animal kingdom.
  • Voltanis - November 8, 2011 2:10 p.m.

Seeing as how a good number of the gamers who will or have purchased MW3 are lemmings, then yes. Absolutely.
  • Oliolioliooo - November 8, 2011 11:40 a.m.

GG PETA. GG...
  • SideOfBeef - November 8, 2011 11:39 a.m.

I like how PETA ignores the part where the rat rolls up and starts biting you, you try to shoo it away, and it keeps biting you and is about to get you killed. Even ignoring the fact that its a rat in a video game, their argument makes no sense. Hey kids, if an animal starts repeatedly biting you, don't do anything about it! It's way more important to protect animals than to avoid rabies and/or bullets.
  • gamingfreak - November 8, 2011 11:26 a.m.

Dear PETA, f@#k off! Sincerely, gamingfreak. P.S. Since when can't we type cuss words here?
  • mockraven - November 8, 2011 11:19 a.m.

I'd love to see German PETA preach the importance of rat lives during the 14th Century. *cough* bubonic plague *cough* Really, I have no problem with killing rats that aren't kept as pets. They're filthy creatures that carry a myriad of diseases that are LETHAL to humans. That said, I think pet rats make awesome pets and are really intelligent. Not to mention they don't have the diseases wild ones do.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 8, 2011 11:16 a.m.

Do people even take PETA seriously anymore? I figured they had just become a worldwide joke... At least to people with the gift of common sense... Honestly, make the PETA headquarters DLC content in BF3 and I will happily pay 14.99 for the chance to play it.
  • TheZigMan - November 8, 2011 11 a.m.

Peta Member:"Ooh this game Skyrim looks good...maybe we will be hanging out with Dragons." "Hmm they are starting me off in a dungeon, maybe I can learn to care for some animals" "Wait...kill the rats? MOTHERF---