Topics

Nintendo

• d0x - January 29, 2011 2:15 a.m.

So it looks like we have traded the N64's crazy blurry AA for brighter colors and lots of PS1 style pixelation? I'd take the n64 blur over the pixels anyday but the better draw distance and brighter colors is nice. Still I expect alot better from modern hardware. The 3DS should be able to render this game without making it a pixelated mess
  • AuthorityFigure - January 29, 2011 2:03 a.m.

Comparing a 2D medium to a 3D medium is like comparing monaural recordings to stereo recordings - unfair! Even if the 3DS does look underwhelming, presumably the 3D projection will be the main immersive factor - and if it's not, the system is worthless.
  • WTeen8 - January 29, 2011 1:13 a.m.

I didn't even grow up with the game because I was born too late. So really, this would be my first time buying the game. And the 3DS version looks better all around.
  • shawksta - January 29, 2011 12:29 a.m.

Damn the textures look really good and its not blurry especially on Dodongo. Yo Guys, the game itself looks 10x better than the pics, dont be fooled.
  • KippDynamite - January 29, 2011 12:26 a.m.

It looks better, but only like 2 years better. I'm a bit sad about this . . .
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 29, 2011 12:11 a.m.

Holy muck. That real size 3DS comparison is pretty swish.
  • FanofSaiyan - January 28, 2011 11:52 p.m.

Should they have bothered? HELL YES!!! Today Ocarina of Time, tomorrow A Link To The Past!!!
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - January 28, 2011 11:50 p.m.

@andrelol "GameRadar's mistake. Maybe the guy who designed this article is some kind Sony fan boy and decided to make the 3DS version of this look like crap." Did you read any of the text? Or look at the second page? You should.
  • InfinityPrimo - January 28, 2011 11:36 p.m.

Remember when every one said Nintendo needs to do something better to keep up with PSP? 130 million systems later all those people are no more...literally they are gone from this earth... No one can justify a $400 dollar handheld, which honestly NGP will be. There is no way around it.
  • Spybreak8 - January 28, 2011 11:36 p.m.

"NOSTALGIAGASM" - My thoughts exactly.
  • Bawheidbob - January 28, 2011 11:25 p.m.

Difficult to say which i prefer. I would have to go with the original just now as that is the way game it meant to look. Nostalgia games are just that we play them to remember i got this game on day one i played through it and loved it. I cannot see myself buying it again for over the price that i paid the first time. I personally would of liked to of seen a new 3DS Zelda.
  • Hamburgers - January 28, 2011 11:23 p.m.

You are now wondering why the hell Link has the Deku shield when he's in the Goron dungeon. Anyone who was anyone--and that means just about everyone--had the Hylian shield by that point.
  • Alakasam342 - January 28, 2011 11:10 p.m.

@andrelol you have got to be joking -_-' The guy who wrote this article already explained why the 3DS screens look like that... plus, the screens look great d(^.^)b
  • foxyexplosion - January 28, 2011 11:09 p.m.

Doesnt really look great, Justins argument of half the width of pixels seems pretty noticeable. Though clearly the 3ds is more powerful so it can manage more detailed lighting effects and textures, the size of the screen just cant match a big tv. Also I loved the darkness of the deku boss. It made him seem scarier, now hes like a purple multi pronged dildo. Vibrant does not mean better in my opinion
  • mubobi7593 - January 28, 2011 11:05 p.m.

Wow, this may be enough for me to drop $250 dollars to get the 3DS, which I wasn't really planning on getting. But, oooh, that looks goooood!
  • metroid2099400 - January 28, 2011 10:53 p.m.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this. Does anyone else find that the updated graphics are exactly the kind of thing that I picture when I look back at OoT in my nostalgia-filled mind?
  • Andrelol - January 28, 2011 10:47 p.m.

It's so funny to see people commenting: "oh, the 3DS version is too pixalated"... Do you REALLY think that the games will look like this? C'mon, really? Obviously theses screens do not represent the game running on an actual 3DS. In fact, originaly these screen were very small, and some smart mind on GameRadar decided to resized it to fit the page, and now we got these horrible screens... GameRadar's mistake. Maybe the guy who designed this article is some kind Sony fan boy and decided to make the 3DS version of this look like crap.
  • elpurplemonkey - January 28, 2011 10:39 p.m.

The 3DS version looks great! Much, much better than the original.
  • staplersexits - January 28, 2011 10:25 p.m.

It's hard to say which looks better - while there appears to be more detail in the 3DS version, everything looks a lot smoother in the N64 version. Some anti-aliasing really wouldn't hurt the 3DS version :/
  • 510BrotherPanda - January 28, 2011 10:25 p.m.

> I'm not impressed by these screens...but I know to reserve judgment until I've actually played something, so here's to hoping this is great, and I've played Ocarina like 5 times, but I just can't justify $40 (plus $250) just yet. I have to agree with flabslapper... I can understand that the 3DS needs brighter colors for the 3D effect to stand out more, but it becomes to cheery-looking and loses a little of the "apocalyptic Ganondorf takeover" tone... Also... Nabooru, Ruto, Impa, and the Great Fairies all better have decent shaped boobs.