Topics

WTF

• litaljohn - March 17, 2011 3:21 p.m.

@plainlikevanilla, keep in mind it is not always 2.50. in the past, out of sheer genius Bethesda has taken the time to reprice and double the cost of the horse armor on April 1st. For that and for that alone if men could have babies, and if people could have babies with software companies, I wouldn't say yes, but I wouldn't be a block if they went for my friend.
  • Daruniah - March 17, 2011 3:03 p.m.

At least this shows how popular Oblivion still is.
  • Kage_No_Shi - March 17, 2011 2:35 p.m.

I bought it in the sense that it came with the special GOTY edition (Got it on steam)... I never use horses though, so I still have the freebie armor XD Looks a bit gaudy, and slows the horse down, so no thanks...
  • PlainLikeVanilla - March 17, 2011 2:27 p.m.

It's only $2.50 for an addition to game I love. I'll buy horse armor all day long.
  • jeremyoldham - March 17, 2011 2:27 p.m.

Happy birfday ja3e, but, horse armor suh-uks. just started playin' this 3 wks ago(to prepare for skyrim). 5yrs later it still holds-up. can't wait to visit the Shivering Isles!
  • Outlander - March 17, 2011 2:12 p.m.

I bought every piece of DLC for Oblivion day one. I did not really care for horse armour but I got it anyway because I love Bethesda, and if they give me a reason to give them my money they can have it. I'll say this though - It's been five years people. Horse Armour Jokes got old a long time ago. And @BrianDowns: I think it is far more sad that you get so worked up over what other people do with their hard earned money. I make think it is dumb for someone to buy a cup of coffee everyday but it's their money, their choice. Not mine. I'm not about to tell them it's "sad" because they could spend their money on something "better" according to my own definitions.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 17, 2011 1:50 p.m.

@BrianDowns: Yes, yes it is better. Cuz it goes to Bethesda. Also, it's "beside" the point, not besides it.
  • BrianDowns - March 17, 2011 1:39 p.m.

It saddens me that people are still willing to pay for this utter shite. It is no better than buying your Avatar a new pair of shoes. It's a fucking Avatar! Don't spend money on it! It's shite! Anyway, that's besides the point. I didn't buy the horse armour and never will.
  • tomthespesh - March 17, 2011 12:57 p.m.

Well the fun had to end somewhere. Humanity it's been nice knowing you. Although I didn't buy the horse armour, I've probably bought similarly stupid things. Battlefield heroes comes to mind as I wanted me guy to have stuff, spent about 10 quid giving him a helmet, bandoleers and so on...
  • db1331 - March 17, 2011 12:44 p.m.

How is this any worse than buying a new outfit for your crew in Mass Effect 2? I'm more surprised that they still have it for sale than that people are buying it.
  • MJHAYLETT - March 17, 2011 12:43 p.m.

people are daft as brushes which um is not a shock really as people have always been daft as brushes :D
  • KatyaSchlacter - March 17, 2011 12:35 p.m.

I think it came with my GOTY edition on PC. I think. I wouldn't buy it on my own anyways. You'd be better off buying an avatar prop on XBL.
  • Chris_Head91 - March 17, 2011 12:31 p.m.

i brought it last month, and i don't regret it a single bit XD
  • HankVenture - March 17, 2011 12:28 p.m.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oblivion, but haven't bought the armor. The reason it is probably still selling is because 200 points seems like nothing and people who play oblivion just want to experience everything for the game. Plus it's still a great game despite graphics so im sure people are playing it for the first time and people are going back to play it (like I am) because of the new one coming out. ps. I won't lie, I will probably get it sooner or later because I love my horse and he fucking deserves to bling.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 17, 2011 12:24 p.m.

@fffanatic1 - That's exactly what I'm saying. Horse Armor is basically meaningless. It's just silly and goofy. It's fluff. If people want to complain about DLC, then COD maps are a much, much, much better example of the evils of DLC.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 17, 2011 12:22 p.m.

Dude, I dig it. Personally, I bought it as basically a tip to Bethesda. In my eyes, when compared to other games of the same price, Oblivion was worth much, much more. It's like when the hot waitress is also a really good server... you put an extra five-dollar-bill in the tip after your mommy already tipped her the two dollar maximum that she thinks any waitress deserves. DARN YOU MOTHER! Seriously tho. They're spending 5 years developing Skyrim. If I can give them an extra 5 bucks to encourage them to keep making stuff like that intead of cashing in ASAP the way EA did with Dragon Age 2 then, by golly, I'll do it!!!
  • fffanatic1 - March 17, 2011 12:21 p.m.

I have to say the worst DLC has been for COD, how much it costs anyway. To charge that much for a few maps is just a way to rip the consumer off.
  • Rotten2dcore - March 17, 2011 12:19 p.m.

ha ha, yeah i`m responsible, but the very simple reason for buying is 100% completion in every way, and how can you call yourself a true elderscrolls fan if you don`t buy every little retarded add-on.
  • ja3e - March 17, 2011 12:17 p.m.

I brought it, and i didn't regret it, i think it's quite cool. Also, first! (i think) Oh and GR, it's my birthday on saturday! What are you getting me then?