We Recommend

• CaptainHead - July 9, 2009 6:51 a.m.

Those bongos... sure sounds like all them guitar hero controllers u see everywhere now... That transfer pack though, was that the thing they kept saying you'd be able to use a camera to put ur face into Perfect Dark? I was so looking forward to making ASSface until they removed the feature.
  • gothicknight - July 9, 2009 5:19 a.m.

i had half that crap and the only thing good a bout hey you pikachu was that you could swear at it and it would just look confused
  • waynski1457 - July 9, 2009 5:18 a.m.

I can't believe how many of these I own. GB Camera + Printer (I'm sorry, but the Camera was actually very awesome) N64 Mic (came with Pikachu N64 + game) DK Bongos (I can actually beat a lv 1 AI on SSBMelee with this) Ok, not that much, but 2/3 of them turned out fun. And I prefer DK Jungle Beat w/ the drums.
  • solidsnake_5552000 - July 9, 2009 4:54 a.m.

I would have liked to have the super scoope 7. It looked awesome, but on that time I didn't have enough money to afford one. What a shame.
  • Kaz993 - July 9, 2009 4:49 a.m.

I searched forever for a broadband adapter... Because if you love PSO, like me, you wanted one. I wish it hadn't been horribly mauled with no other uses. Why did you show the episode 3 intro? that's the only PSO that didn't make sense online - it was a card game that the creator literally said was a frame that they tacked a series onto.
  • anduin1 - July 9, 2009 4:37 a.m.

ROB was awesome but yea most of those sucked and thankfully I don't own ANY of those
  • jakeroks - July 9, 2009 3:42 a.m.

i still have my transfer pack, but i lost pokemon stadium
  • Ensoul - July 9, 2009 3:39 a.m.

In defense of the camera; it wasn't really that bad at the time. Plus it was supposed to be used with the transfer pak for a feature in Perfect Dark. Putting your mug in the game; which at the time was a pretty cool idea. I believe the "Official" word was they couldn't get the feature working correctly, but I'm sure the whole Columbine inncident had a lot more to do with it. As for the E-reader, I was really surprised Nintendo didn't go the "free inside" cereal box route. There was also a Mario Party card game that used it, which was kinda fun; but even that didn't "need" the e-reader to play it. I also liked the transfer pak at the time; trading my character back and forth between the N64 Mario Golf and the GBC one.
  • Life - July 9, 2009 3:19 a.m.

Ah, the transfer pak.
  • dweller - July 9, 2009 3:04 a.m.

I hated how the Super scope strained one eye closed. Fine for a couple of minutes, tortuous after an hour. Still shooting robots was awesome. Ah, the Sega Menacer. I don't remember it getting much support. I thought the binoculars attachment was dumb.
  • CORNHOL0 - July 9, 2009 1:46 a.m.

Chevelle's Send the Pain Below was on Donkey Konga!!? WTF!!?
  • Xeacons - July 9, 2009 1:02 a.m.

Actually, the only difference I see between many of these (mike, pad, drums) is that on the Xbox & PS lines, developers ACTUALLY USE THEM! Nintendo throws these out there for everyone, but nobody touches them. Then when MS or Sony copycats, gamers are on that like Gordon Freeman on a headcrab. Which does add an omnious shadow to the Wii Motion Plus. So much potential in 1:1, but it's useless if no one develops for it...
  • sbghost64 - July 9, 2009 12:55 a.m.

my cousin got me the camera for my birthday but i never got the printer... my cousin said he would get it for me but he never did... alls those pictures, wasted...
  • Ravenbom - July 9, 2009 12:31 a.m.

Are these all from your personal collection Brett?
  • cronoman66 - July 8, 2009 11:33 p.m.

ah the gameboy camera and printer, i remember that shit, can't believe my idiot friend actually got it, I laughed at him in his face
  • Synster - July 8, 2009 11:32 p.m.

Haha. I still have the Gameboy Printer. That was pretty bad, but at the age I had it and used it, It was brilliant. Didn't you guys forget the Camera thing? It just slipped into the Game section of the Gameboy Color and you could take pictures of things and put them into these little Arcade games and what not?
  • iKOemos - July 8, 2009 11:19 p.m.

Man that Hey You Pikachu ad was long winded. 3 minutes! I would kill myself if I saw that ad during every second break. "He actually listens to what you say!" {CHICK CHICK-BOOM}
  • doomdoomdoom - July 8, 2009 10:11 p.m.

Nintendo's most failed thing is itself the company is a joke to gaming they reinvent the same ideas and the only thing keeping them in business is that fucking Mario games
  • Curtis_Stone - July 8, 2009 10:11 p.m.

I love this article, great job!! The Wii Speal ad makes me smile for all the wrong reasons... Who the fuck does that?! LAME!!
  • Negrodamus - July 8, 2009 9:52 p.m.

Oh Christ I remember the Gameboy camera. In grade school there was this one kid who had one, and he was a dick and never shared it. So when I finally got my own after begging like mad, I was so excited. However, after using it to try and take a picture of my dick, my little sister was playing with it, and asked me what this blurry log thing was. I snatched it out of her hands, and put it as far into my closet as it would go and never touched it again.