Topics

3DS Nintendo WTF

• Arobadope - January 12, 2012 9:31 a.m.

I think you have a bit of the facts wrong. Nintendo isn't releasing the peripherals because they feel they need to apologize. They are releasing because idiotic publications like G4TV believe that, somehow in someway, the system not "hardcore" or "complete" without a second analogue stick, or whatever else they pull out of the @$$hat of theirs. Despite the DS being fantastic and a great system, despite the fact that the DS did shooters and every other game perfectly fine without even ONE analogue stick, people still say the 3DS is terrible because it doesn't have a second analogue stick. The day people look at gameplay, art, and general fun in a game over graphics, fore, and how much bewbz are being flashed is the same day the general population (read mainstream media) stops looking at video games as child's play and the same day that gamers can finally grow up and stop being looked at as fat, milk smelling, basement dwelling, nerds.
  • CombatWombat101 - January 12, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Wait, so what exactly does a second analogue stick have to do with boobs or graphics?
  • Redeater - January 12, 2012 12:29 p.m.

You got me. That last paragraph was pretty incoherent. But his argument doesn't hold up. Does society look at all people who go to movies as fat, milk smelling, basement dwelling, nerds? The fact is that while games are becoming more and more mainstream there will always be a wide variety of gamers just as there are moviegoers. I mean, do you really expect the people who watch Twilight and Tyler Perry movies to be the same ones watching Citizen Kain and Casablanca? (I'm not saying there aren't exceptions but look at the box office between Twilight and Hugo. Anyways who cares? This world is big enough for Mario, Glados and Ivy's boobs..............well maybe not big enough for Soul Caliber 9 Ivy.
  • Arobadope - January 13, 2012 4:56 p.m.

The last paragraph wasn't incoherent, aside from a typo of 'gore' as 'fore'. Games aren't as mainstream as movies so your comparison doesn't hold up. Anyways, the connection isn't so much between the second analogue stick and boobs, but more between how people knock on the 3DS and Nintendo in general, or even games that don't contain ample amounts of boobs/gore/graphics. My final statement was saying that once people learn to get over that BS, then games can become more mainstream, and stop having people looking at us all as children.
  • shawksta - January 12, 2012 9:08 a.m.

Hold on, Sakurai said its gonna be bundled with Kid Icarus Uprising and nothing about Seperate release, or atleast not yet.
  • shawksta - January 12, 2012 8:56 a.m.

*Facepalm* Okay now this is ridiculous, im not buying that.
  • db1331 - January 12, 2012 8:44 a.m.

If you had told me that N would release a 3DS peripheral even more ridiculous than the circle pad pro, I wouldn't have believed you in a million years. Yet here it is. The only real gripe I have in regards to the controls are the L and R buttons. I couldn't tell you how many times I've accidentally pressed one mid-jump in Super Mario 3D Land and made Mario do a butt stomp and fall to his death. I don't know if the buttons are too sensitive, or my finger too big, but damn is it annoying.
  • ZhugeLiang - January 12, 2012 8:43 a.m.

To ascend, slide the circle pad down. To *descend*, slide the circle pad up.
  • Redeater - January 12, 2012 8:36 a.m.

"It's designed so that you can more comfortably use the analogue stick and the touch-screen at the same time during Kid Icarus: Uprising's on-foot sections." Ok this is the problem with Nintendo. I have heard a lot of garbage about the 3ds not needing another stick but if nintendo needs to create a fucking stand just so it is comfortable while trying to control one of their major releases.............they need to go back to the drawing board!
  • LBD_Nytetrayn - January 12, 2012 8:29 a.m.

"Meh, if no one hardly buys it, it'll show them where they messed up at. If they do, then it's just the consumers enabling them." In Japan, at least, where this was announced, it comes with KI Uprising. So I doubt that will be a problem.
  • LBD_Nytetrayn - January 12, 2012 8:28 a.m.

Anyone ever get a sort of cramp in their right hand from playing Mario Kart 7? That's what I got when playing Kid Icarus: Uprising the first time, only it was in my left hand. This was while playing it the expected way, albeit with a bulky attachment to the back for demo purposes. I wouldn't even say it was a wrist issue; my wrist was fine. At E3 and the like, when it was on a little stand of its own, the problem was considerably lessened, if not eliminated entirely. So, I'm glad to see this. I wish the Circle Pad Pro could be used for dual-stick action, but this is a good, cheap substitute which may do the trick.
  • db1331 - January 12, 2012 8:46 a.m.

My wife gets that, but I don't. She can play Mario 3D for a couple hours straight with no problem, but by the 2nd race in Mario Kart 7 her hand is killing her and she has to stop.
  • BladedFalcon - January 12, 2012 8:07 a.m.

Oh wow... I hadn't even finished arguing in another article about how Nintendo just loves releasing useless peripherals, and look! It's like they are actively working to prove me right!
  • shawksta - January 12, 2012 8:59 a.m.

Heh, your flag huh? I give, THIS is useless, but i guess people with Trembling hands will be happy, their call, im not buying this.
  • ParagonT - January 12, 2012 8:02 a.m.

Meh, if no one hardly buys it, it'll show them where they messed up at. If they do, then it's just the consumers enabling them. Either way, if it flops it'll teach them something; if it doesn't, then perhaps it is wanted more than first thought.