Topics

Nintendo

• teaguehipkiss - January 19, 2011 7:54 p.m.

I think the only DS games that won't be compatible are the ones which make use of the Game Boy slot like Guitar Hero. It's cool to see Sky 3D is onboard too, I wonder what kinda services they'll provide.
  • ZooEdOuT - January 19, 2011 7:51 p.m.

The price isn't bad, its cheaper then the ipod.
  • TheGeek007 - January 19, 2011 7:49 p.m.

The only DS games this can't play is the ones like Rock Band that require the GBA port for peripherials. In that case, the DSi could play "most" games. Price is a little high, but its a new console. I predict it will sell well enough. Not a day one purchase for me though. They could have gotten me to buy day one, but Pokemon Black and White is a DS game. I haven't seen any console sellers for me yet, but hopefully in 1-2 years they will come out with a Pokemon 3DS or other AAA title.
  • Bawheidbob - January 19, 2011 7:27 p.m.

Any idea how long the batteries/charge lasts on one.
  • MonocledYaoGuai - January 19, 2011 7:23 p.m.

Hooray for having a job! I should be getting this launch day!
  • CoffeeForTheAdmiral - January 19, 2011 7:16 p.m.

I preordered one last week ($50 down, $200 to go), but GameSlop told me that I couldn't pick a color because no one knew the colors yet. The guy said "Remember that purple color that was used for the GameCube? I think you can get that color." Dude, that was BLUE.
  • 510BrotherPanda - January 19, 2011 7 p.m.

My old DSes still don't actually print money. Until the 3DS has that feature put in, I'm not sold on it.
  • CharlieFockstrot - January 19, 2011 6:49 p.m.

I'm interested to see if anyone publishes 3D screen shots, if you had the left and right eye images saved them as a gif animation you could cycle between the two to give a 3D effect. (type "Stereo gif" into google images to see examples)
  • alphaman - January 19, 2011 6:48 p.m.

GAMEBOY AND GBC Color games to download! THAT'S what this is about. <3 (Yeah, you may have owned it previously, but are you out there playing it on a handheld right now? (unless you've broken your iphone and put roms on it or something)
  • sutrebla15 - January 19, 2011 6:42 p.m.

When's the article about the verdict of the 3DS making you dizzy and nauseous or not in the first 10 minutes of playing come out?
  • Baron164 - January 19, 2011 6:38 p.m.

I can't get excited about this, most of the games I'd be interested in our N64 remakes, and $250 is more than a Wii or Xbox Arcade. And with games being around $40 a piece so I'm looking at over $300 (after tax) for a new hand held. I'm sorry but I'll stick to my phone and it's $1-$7 games. Maybe when the price for the device comes down to a more reasonable amount I'll consider it but at launch, that's just not going to happen. Also, I'm getting seriously annoyed with Nintendo's attitude of we're going to sell you the game you already own on 4 other pieces of hardware yet again. (In reference to selling Game Boy games to you again) Which I wouldn't be against if the games weren't locked to your specific console. Which since the Wii and DSi are like that I don't expect the 3DS to be any different.
  • SillyPigeon - January 19, 2011 6:31 p.m.

Pre-ordered a black one for £220. Excited
  • Felixthecat - January 19, 2011 6:24 p.m.

I might actually wait for the red 3DS, whenever that comes out. The blue one gives me a headache.
  • Crabhand - January 19, 2011 6:20 p.m.

The "most" DS games thing seems to be a little odd, but I have little doubt anything published by Nintendo or any other major developer will be left out. Probably just those Imagine and TV tie in crap (and other things along those lines).
  • TheHouseofQuark - January 19, 2011 6:17 p.m.

If the 3DS is as good as it seems sony should just pull out of the handheld market, how will the psp2 compete with this?
  • Burdmayn - January 19, 2011 6:07 p.m.

$249.99 seems a little pricey at first but this is essentially better than the Wii
  • AlpineGuy - January 19, 2011 6:03 p.m.

SO EXCITED. I can't complain with the price tag, but the 'compatible with *most* DS games' line concerns me...
  • NanoElite666 - January 19, 2011 5:51 p.m.

I can't complain with a $250 price point, since I paid around that much for my PSP almost six years ago (damn, almost six years already?). All right Sony, your turn. Show us the PSP2!!
  • QWERTYCommander - January 19, 2011 5:51 p.m.

I don't really see anything wrong with $249. The PSP I think did cost the same at launch, and this looks to be better than a PSP in almost every way. But I only have $24 in my wallet right now, so this definitely isn't a launch buy for me.
  • beandipdragon101 - January 19, 2011 5:49 p.m.

I'm bummed on no metroid news. And it comes out the day after my birthday in the us so maybe late present? I'm so pumped