• KA87 - March 21, 2013 5:47 a.m.

Glad I am a Sony guy right now. Hopefully this always on DRM will kill Microsoft and stop others from using it in the future.
  • ultimatepunchrod - March 21, 2013 6:04 a.m.

Well, from what Sony showed at their PS4 reveal, it's likely that it will be always online as well. I'll remain optimistic that this kind of infrastructure could work. We'll see.
  • Tjwoods18 - March 21, 2013 9:34 a.m.

Sony executives stated against that saying to Kotaku that "PS4 games will be playable without an Internet connection."
  • ultimatepunchrod - March 21, 2013 12:12 p.m.

Missed that. Sweet.
  • supergiraffe - March 21, 2013 5:44 a.m.

My Xbox has treated me well, but it looks like I'm going Sony next gen. To much of this shit is a deal breaker, and it's not like I can go Nintendo only.
  • Rub3z - March 21, 2013 2:50 a.m.

Yeah. As if all signs and rumors of these supposed "next-gen" consoles haven't been underwhelming enough, and as hard to believe as it is, dumb people will probably still buy it. Stuff like this is making my "probable no sale" more and more into a hard "definite no sale." Besides, the more I play on PC, the more friends I'll have to play with on it before long, and probably well before all these consoles come out... and by then I'll have even left to university to make some more nerd-friends there in computer engineering and game development. :D
  • super0sonic - March 21, 2013 2:35 a.m.

I find this hard to believe. A lot of people have Internet but there still are some who don't so those people are cut. Also if people want to stick it to the man and support used and rented games they will now shun the 720, and buy PS4.
  • Sp3n - March 21, 2013 9:32 a.m.

Agreed, they'd really be limiting their potential customers so can't see them going down that road...they aren't exactly new to business On the always online issue though, my 360 hasn't moved in a year and a half and nor has it's ethernet. Only issue would be ISP downtime. That would be extremely annoying. .