Topics

Old-school

• bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - July 9, 2011 1:37 a.m.

SONIC ADVENTURE 2 IS AMAZING! i am so glad there are others who share my nostalgia for what i consider the best sonic game in the series. i was disappointed when i played every other 3d sonic game (sonic heroes anyone?), but i really hoped for a sonic adventure 3. this game shall suffice for now.
  • TheSatur9 - July 9, 2011 12:55 a.m.

I think SA2 has been the best 3D Sonic game so far, so here's to hoping this will improve upon it. Also, the Chao garden killed my childhood.
  • UsernameLoser - July 8, 2011 11:45 p.m.

Fuck, so it won't be on 3DS.
  • UsernameLoser - July 8, 2011 11:45 p.m.

Fuck, so it won't be on 3DS.
  • grappler51 - July 8, 2011 11:21 p.m.

I love that second video so much. I swear to god if they don't have that song in sonic generations, I'm going to jump into the goddamn internet and kick sega in the fucking throat.
  • SparkleDevon - July 8, 2011 11:20 p.m.

Okay. double post. sorry. I think as modern sonic it will be mostly 3D at least, so that makes me happy. I really hope it keeps up to the Sonic Adventure standards though. I don't want any more Unleashed stuff.
  • SparkleDevon - July 8, 2011 11:14 p.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOO. I wish it was more like it, where all of the level was 3D. Then again, I'm not sure, maybe as modern sonic it will be. I really hope so. SA2B is my favourite, so that's why I was so excited to hear about City Escape in Generations. I hope it will have it in the 3DS version, too.(even if you can't play the whole level as you would in SA2B, I still want it. It's definitely better than nothing.)
  • Bamford38 - July 8, 2011 10:58 p.m.

@db1331 - "Have you learned NOTHING? It's going to be just like every other Sonic game that mixes old and new Sonic. The old Sonic will be fun, and the new snowboard/werewolf/whatever the fuck they think up parts will suck. How many times do you have to see it?" If your saying the parts they add on (werewolf, etc) always suck, then clearly you think modern sonic is fun. So unless youve got some ridiculous reason for hating classic sonic, i cant see how you can be so negative about it.
  • QWERTYCommander - July 8, 2011 10:42 p.m.

Damn, db. You seem to be hell-bent on saying this game will suck. Remember Colors? No? Well it was a 3D Sonic game, with minimal gimmicks and only Sonic and Tails were in it as the heroes. No alligators or bees or chipmunks or female hedgehogs or echidnas or humans or anything of the sort. The only thing that could be considered a gimmick would be the power-ups. And didn't Sega say months ago that they would start stepping up the quality control on their Sonic games? I know that Sega isn't exactly the most trustable company around, but they aren't Lionhead.
  • Thequestion 121 - July 8, 2011 10:39 p.m.

This game looks so good!
  • shadowreaper72 - July 8, 2011 10:36 p.m.

Please fellow Sonic fanboys please I beg of you.. STOP BITCHING FOR 5 SECS AND ACTUALLY LIKE SOMETHING ABOUT A SONIC GAME FOR ONCE!!!
  • Tenfey - July 8, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Muy rapido.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - July 8, 2011 9:58 p.m.

We need a demo of Modern Sonic before I can declare anything on this. It could either be shit or THE shit, and that's what I'm afraid of - we have no idea where it's going to land.
  • RareHero - July 8, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Sonic fans aren't unpleasable. They just want good games. And that has been a very rare thing over the last decade. And what's with all the overly cynical people saying it will be just as bad as all the others? The quality of Sonic titles has been steadily improving over the last couple of releases. There's lots of reasons to have high expectations for Generations.
  • selio - July 8, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Adventure 2 was my first sonic game, and I really loved it. I think most 3d sonic games might be okay if you don't think about the fact that it's supposed to be faster. like I think they aren't REAL sonic games, but I liked the adventure ones at least. haven't risked the other ones. CHAO!
  • XLGirthMan - July 8, 2011 9:35 p.m.

@db1331 You're the greatest person to ever grace the Gamesradar community.
  • lukel - July 8, 2011 9:32 p.m.

Only if it has Chaos. So many hours wasted...
  • Robusken - July 8, 2011 9:18 p.m.

yes, yes,yes,yes,yes,yes, YES! I spent many hours playing SA2 , maybe its just the nostalgia talking but refine the gameplay a bit and that has the potential to be amazing. this makes me very hopefully towards the overall game.
  • SerpentineZERO - July 8, 2011 9:16 p.m.

I'LL MAKE IT THROUGH PROVE IT TO YOU! Follow Me! Oh yeah!
  • ACE-VAMP - July 8, 2011 9:07 p.m.

can't wait for this game and really looking forward to playing Modern sonic more than Classic. as Sonic Adventure 2 is still the best sonic game yet.