• SabreWing - February 13, 2013 6:50 a.m.

There's a number of unsettling things about this. I don't like the sound of Highly Stylized, sounds like an excuse to cut back on graphical quality. Rocksteady not being at the helm of this also causes me to fear for the gameplay somewhat since they basically did what pretty much everyone else failed to do. The lack of Mark Hamill could be enough for Kevin Conroy to pass as well, and no joker or batman will do for me unless they are voiced by those two. And the whole justice league thing seems like a decision they've made since they're working on the movie version which might mean that they're going to be using the movie's actors instead for likeness and voice work (which almost never bodes well). Also I always liked to think of the Arkham games as being on a separate timeline, never having to worry about the continuity of everything else (with the possible exception of TAS).
  • 7-D - February 12, 2013 4:48 p.m.

Getting a 'cash cow' vibe from this atm, riding off the franchise name.. no Rocksteady is a major concern. Not enough to go on right now so we'll see..
  • slimjim441 - February 12, 2013 4:38 p.m.

No Rocksteady, no Mark Hamill, and within two years of Arkham City. I don't like this at all.
  • winner2 - February 12, 2013 4:02 p.m.

I liked asylum way more than city, so I have a feeling I won't be too interested. And it's not even being made by the same dev, I mean what the hell is going on here. Why?
  • Redeater - February 12, 2013 12:33 p.m.

No Rocksteady? Pass. It isn't a coincidence that all Batman games have been shit except for the last two.
  • jack-hentschell - February 13, 2013 12:18 p.m.

There have been other good Batman games, just none as good as the Arkham games and it had been a while since they had been made, which means that none capitalized on technology advances to truly make you feel like Batman. Batman on NES was fantastic and there were some solid 16 bit ones. Batman Begins also had good ideas but had problems executing them which led to mediocrity. Still not having Rocksteady really worries me. I'm also annoyed because one of the reasons I didn't like the Harley Quinn DLC was because it left so many threads open that I was hoping would at least get addressed in a sequel.
  • DragonLord23 - February 12, 2013 11:24 a.m.

Next Gen Batman at launch? WHAT!?!??!?!
  • StrayGator - February 12, 2013 9:53 a.m.

So basically, It's a "Batrman: Arkham" game in name only.
  • veryweirdguy - February 12, 2013 8:50 a.m.

No Rocksteady and no Paul Dini makes a Batfan like me approach this with caution. BUT it''s optimistic caution, not the type you use when you lose your protective goggles in a chemical factory.
  • veryweirdguy - February 12, 2013 8:58 a.m.

an Ace Chemicals factory, even!
  • ObliqueZombie - February 12, 2013 8:50 a.m.

Oh wait, It just sunk in to me that it's rumored that Rocksteady won't develop it. OH GOD WHY
  • ObliqueZombie - February 12, 2013 8:49 a.m.

Man, this is AWESOME news. Sorta. Rumors abound more than anything, so I'm trying not to get my hoped up. Plus, if it really will be a prequel with the Joker, who the hell can top Mark Hamill? Didn't he call it quits? I guess we'll find out later this year then, won't we? Rocksteady hasn't failed me yet.
  • MCBadong - February 12, 2013 9:28 a.m.

They can't fail you if they're not part of the project.
  • MCBadong - February 12, 2013 9:29 a.m.

"Rocksteady Studios is not developing the next game in the series."
  • ObliqueZombie - February 12, 2013 10:04 a.m.

I made another comment above correcting myself. GR needs an edit button, :(
  • ObliqueZombie - February 12, 2013 10:05 a.m.

Also, that's still a rumor. A very likely one, but a rumor nonetheless. We can still hope.