• sleepy92ismypsn - November 19, 2010 9:59 p.m.

100% of Gamestops should go out of business.
  • hlcy0n - November 19, 2010 9:55 p.m.

In the shop I work in, which shall remain nameless, the sheer volume of pre-owned sales is sickening. I occasionally try to explain to customers just how detrimental to the industry it is; most of them aren't even aware that no profit goes to the publisher or the developer. I frequently bin additional content and online passes that packaged as an incentive to consumers to buy a new game before the pre-owned copy goes on the shelf, as a lot of the time they return unused. I guess it's only a matter of time before this is made illegal, or some form of agreement is reached with the industry. If retailers keep on going this way, I imagine it will get to the point where publishers are forced to release everything online and seriously f*ck them. And rightly so.
  • Robx - November 19, 2010 9:14 p.m.

db1331 nailed it.
  • db1331 - November 19, 2010 9:10 p.m.

Step 1: Offer an overpowered character/weapon/armor suit to customers that pre-order a game from you. This "bonus" will allow them to complete the game much faster Step 2: Purchase said game back from the customer 2-3 weeks later for a few bucks Step 3: Sell said game used for $55.99 instead of $59.99 Step 4: Repeat
  • y2kpikachu12 - November 19, 2010 9:08 p.m.

I really don't have a problem with gamestop, I mean, what's really wrong with buying a cheap copy of a game? I'm just not the dumb one selling my games to them, not to say I haven't but I don't.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - November 19, 2010 9:05 p.m.

This is a surprise? Also, I like Gamestop. The employees are nice to me, especially since I have a Power-Up Rewards card, they don't push preorders on me, and they're not jerks. Also, where else would you find some games like Ico or SoTC in a store? Some people don't wanna deal with shipping, you know. (plus, they have the largest amount of GCN or GBA games around.
  • 510BrotherPanda - November 19, 2010 8:49 p.m.

I only go to GameStop because I like walk-in stores over online stores. Besides, since I frequent the same ones regularly, the employees aren't usually jerks to me. I've gotten loads of old Gamecube and GBA stuff from there...
  • ventanger - November 19, 2010 8:48 p.m.

What's the difference between Gamestop and pirates? Pirates don't make a profit. This is kind of sickening really.
  • batmanboy11 - November 19, 2010 8:36 p.m.

Great Scott!