Topics

Best of GR

• HeyShutUpThisIsntBrett - November 13, 2013 7:39 a.m.

"Seriously, the main character of Hyperdimension Neptunia is a human PlayStation" Actually, that's wrong. Really badly wrong. The main character is a personification of the Sega Neptune, a never released console which was going to be a Sega Genesis and 32X combined in one. There is a personification of the Playstation, but that character is merely a supporting character. I'm sorry, and I don't usually bother posting about stuff like this, but it makes me a little angry because that's just plain lazy journalism. Any idiot with access to Google can learn about the main character to that game.
  • Fluffdaddy - November 13, 2013 9:15 a.m.

To be fair, top lists are not really journalism so much as they are click bait, SEO nonsense.
  • sylverias - December 4, 2013 9:42 a.m.

We all know Noire is really the star of the game.
  • firas-amro - April 19, 2014 2:18 a.m.

Did you play dot.hack.g.u series
  • rxb - November 13, 2013 4:57 a.m.

The Uncharted 2 edition is crazy.
  • Gereiam - November 12, 2013 11:23 p.m.

Hang on, this could be a ploy by the writer to magically increase his shoddy game collection's worth! Think about it?.....hmm........how bout i make a list too :P
  • Gereiam - November 12, 2013 11:21 p.m.

What about No No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Wizard Edition? I've got a sealed box of that, and the Larry game too but on the Xbox
  • Colin.B - November 12, 2013 10:56 p.m.

Where do these games fetch that kind of dollar value? I found a few used copies of Cross Edge for 28-30 dollars on EBay.
  • Person5 - November 12, 2013 10:54 p.m.

I actually have the Assassin's Creed 2 collector's edition! Ezio has been gracing the space next to my xbox since the day I brought it home.
  • mewpudding101 - November 12, 2013 8:01 p.m.

Oh, I have Cross Edge and the limited edition of Neptunia... Both are purchases which I somewhat regret. I LOVE the crossover of characters in Cross Edge, as it has Ar Tonelico and Mana Khemia and Disgaea characters, but OH GOD THE GAMEPLAY IS DEADLY. So terrible.
  • winner2 - November 12, 2013 7:26 p.m.

I have the AC2 edition, but I opened it the night i got it of course. I honestly didn't care at all about the statue and stuff, I just wanted the extra dlc.
  • Kang81 - December 8, 2013 8:18 a.m.

Ditto, I really only wanted the collector's edition because of the supposedly exclusive DLC. When the DLC then went on sale for everyone else I said no more CE's for me. Well, that and because CE's went up from a respectable extra $20 to the now more average price of $100-$120 and the absurd CE's that ask for nearly 3x the base game price. CE's have gotten way out of control.
  • bigwill1221 - November 12, 2013 7:23 p.m.

Cross edge is really that much hmm?
  • Shigeruken - November 12, 2013 7:18 p.m.

Ugh, I've seen so many of these in 70%-90% off clearance sales over the past two years.
  • brickman409 - November 12, 2013 5:45 p.m.

But it let me write price that time ... weird
  • brickman409 - November 12, 2013 5:45 p.m.

also, what's up with the spam filter? it wouldn't let me post a comment because I had the word price in my comment
  • brickman409 - November 12, 2013 5:44 p.m.

Show the launch msrp of these, to show how much they have changed in pricing since launch.
  • pinoklin - November 12, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Also, you guys are forgetting saint's row 4 milion dollar edition which is so rare only one was made...and it cost 1mil dolars
  • pinoklin - November 12, 2013 5:31 p.m.

Nvm, that one was for the 360 lol, which btw you have to list once you do an xbox list.
  • pinoklin - November 12, 2013 5:34 p.m.

Wait wrong, i believe you get to shoose the console, counting it as a ps3 game lol.
  • matthew-caranci - November 18, 2013 11:54 a.m.

That comment just simply is NOT true! There is no game that costs 1 million dollars.