• Bloodstorm - June 1, 2013 9:47 a.m.

It's not that there isn't a cure to the Flood, it's just that the Forerunner, in all the benevolence, pounded humanity into the ground, devolved them back into monkeys, and then realized humanity had found the cure but it was a little too late by then.
  • srbingham - June 3, 2013 10:59 a.m.

Except they didn't, not really. Primordium and Silentium outline that the Flood "chose" to not infect humans to give the appearance of them having found a "cure" so that the Forerunners wouldn't annihilate them, fitting into the Precursors' plan to A) pass on the Mantle to humanity if they passed their "tests." And B) Use humanity as a weapon against the Forerunners as revenge for wiping out the Precursors.
  • Bloodstorm - June 3, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Ah, I haven't read Silentium yet, and am only half way through Primoridium (it is a slog to read) so I'm working on dated information. I thought Halo 4 had a blurb in it about Humans having a Flood cure, guess the Forerunner have no clue they didn't?
  • srbingham - June 3, 2013 11:53 a.m.

Basically: We walked around and saw some bodies. Then we walked the other way and saw some different bodies. Then we walked another direction and saw some things that weren't bodies. And then we went on a train, and there were bodies. And then finally: "Here's the secret to everything, also, can you guess who I REALLY am?"
  • Bloodstorm - June 3, 2013 12:13 p.m.

lol, yeah, that's basically how I've felt reading it. It's a whole lot of nothing so far.
  • mafyooz - June 1, 2013 9:38 a.m.

Do Activision and EA count?
  • masterjoe123 - June 1, 2013 3:14 a.m.

Dead Space wasn't even mentioned? I'm dissapointed.
  • flipped100 - June 1, 2013 2:42 a.m.

Does Parasite Eve count?
  • slimjim441 - May 31, 2013 8:49 p.m.

No Sigma virus? That shit's been plaguing Reploids since the 90s.
  • Z-man427 - May 31, 2013 8:42 p.m.

But the picture for Las Plagas from RE4 is actually Oroboros from RE5
  • Cyberninja - May 31, 2013 5:39 p.m.

I love the treatment for the last problem.
  • BladedFalcon - May 31, 2013 2:18 p.m.

...Huh, just last night I was talking with my GF about the cordyceps fungus, and showing her videos of how it affected insects in youtube, which then led to her finding a series called "The monster inside me" in which they talked about the botfly, a fly whose larvae can burrow inside the human skin, and even the scalp. Funny thing is... I thought showing her all that would disturb her, but she actually found it interesting, and in the case of the botfly maggots... adorable, whereas I ended up feeling like throwing up >>; Also, no parasite slug from limbo? those critters were nasty. Invading children's head and making them act like lemmings...