• secher_nbiw - June 28, 2012 9:32 p.m.

A torch is what Britishers call flashlights.
  • Shinard - July 1, 2012 9:35 a.m.

Err... no. Speaking as a lifelong Brit, we call torches torches while flashlight is an Americanism.
  • Rhymenocerous - June 28, 2012 3:44 a.m.

Oh yeah, this is is the stuff for me. Didn't play the first one as I only have a PS3, but I will almost certainly be picking this one up.
  • Alex_Syros - June 28, 2012 1:57 a.m.

This stuff pulls all the rights strings with me. Here's hoping the execution does justice to these awesome concepts.
  • robotdickens - June 27, 2012 10:32 p.m.

Awesome! I always wanted to have/make a real fps open world.
  • BigDannyH - June 27, 2012 1:41 p.m.

I can't work out if this is genuinely going to be a classic or if I just love Houghton's writing? His articles are always serious enough without being dull and funny without trying too hard. Really is my favourite writer in the industry. Keep up the good work Davey-boy!
  • e1337prodigy - June 27, 2012 1:33 p.m.

One game I am really looking forward to. So different to the modern FPS shooters. Looking forward to Far Cry 3 too, not because of the graphics but because I think it will have a good story.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 27, 2012 1:31 p.m.

for jesus sake stop with all the cod hate. its pathetic really why not have a go at worse games?
  • Bloodstorm - June 27, 2012 2:25 p.m.

CoD is the standard for...well, standard. It's shallow, and never changes or innovates anything. It might not be the worst set of games (though I'm of the opinion that they are one of the worst), but they set the standard for generic and dull.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 27, 2012 4:07 p.m.

lol and not battlefield nba or fifa? youre just another kid jumping on the cod hate bandwagon.
  • MattBrinders - June 27, 2012 4:51 p.m.

When you play a match in FIFA or NBA you decide how it plays out and the AI reacts to what you do, not you reacting to them. Just like COD; you are forced to react to the simple and boring AI instead of them reacting to a choice you have made (mainly because there isn't a time in COD when you can make a choice). Metro: LL sounds incredible and it seems like the developers are going the distance and breaking away from the mainstream to deliver a niche, ambitious and emotional game. In my book one game like this is worth more than the entirety of any COD or Battlefield franchise.
  • Bloodstorm - June 28, 2012 9:58 a.m.

Nope, I'm a 24 year old adult who thinks CoD is a load of crap. If you must know, sports games are crap as well, and I've not bought a Battlefield game since Battlefield 2, which I bought for a mod anyways and have never actually played the vanilla version. So bandwagon, no. I legitimately hate the franchise, the sorry excuse of developers that make CoD, and the piece of crap publisher that puts them out. They are what is wrong with the industry that I love and am working to become a part of.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 28, 2012 5:52 p.m.

working to be a part of.... hahahahahaha good luck with that its not even a real job. grow up and smell the coffee... idiot unemployed and arguing with me lol. My annual salaray is over 100k after tax. XD
  • Sinsational - June 30, 2012 1:25 a.m.

Not even a real job? Are you mentally retarded? The gaming industry is a multi-million dollar industry. While the US's economy was in recession, the gaming industry was growing with a massive percentage increase. People's houses were being foreclosed on, and the country was hitting a scary 11% unemployment rate, and the game industry was STILL going strong. You claim to "earn" an annual salary*** of 100k after taxes, yet possess neither the knowledge nor the grammatical skill to back it up. So, pull your head out of your ass and grow your epeen somewhere else. And for the record, you don't need to be unemployed to pursue other career paths. Albert Einstein was a patent clerk. Douche.
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - June 30, 2012 1:24 p.m.

getting a job in gaming is like getting a job in art or music its unrealistic. As for grammatical skill it doesnt even matter... this is the internet hahaha. a place for people like you who try to look smart on here because you cant act smart in real life. also retailers game and gamestation couldnt even support themselves well enough XD youre just another kid with big dreams and little intelligence
  • Redeater - June 27, 2012 2:44 p.m.

Pretty ironic coming from one of the biggest trolls on here.
  • Counternub - June 27, 2012 1:15 p.m.

I'm just hoping the English version of the book comes out soon, I've read Metro 2033 3 times now. Can't wait to play this, I loved the atmosphere of 2033. I really enjoy games like Metro, Fallout and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Bloodstorm - June 27, 2012 2:22 p.m.

From what I understand, Last Light doesn't follow the sequel book to Metro 2033, but takes it in its own unique direction.
  • gazzc - June 27, 2012 10:48 a.m.

Sounds interesting, this article also just reminded me exactly why I am not even the slightest bit excited about the next CoD.
  • Bloodstorm - June 27, 2012 9:15 a.m.

The first game was great. Love the soviet, post-apocalyptic vibe that it shared with games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sure, the gun-play had an aged feeling, and the stealth was brutally unforgiving combined with bugs that made the AI still be on you when you reloaded a save meaning you usually had to restart the chapter, but the game was full of atmosphere. If they make the stealth sections work correctly, and do exactly what they did the first time around, this will be great.