• santaclouse37 - December 10, 2011 7:41 p.m.

I am more excited for this than any other title teased tonight. It's a Platinum-developed action game set in the MGS Universe starring cyborg-Raiden. Therefore, it is a game made by the most over-the-top-developer, in the most over-the-top setting, featuring the most over-the-top character (In MGS4 he killed several Metal Gears via breakdancing). I'm pumped for this for the Japanese equivalents of all the reasons I was pumped for Saints Row. Haters gonna hate.
  • Fuzunga - December 10, 2011 4:37 p.m.

My interest is rising!
  • Redeater - December 10, 2011 4:17 p.m.

Awesome! I look forward to picking this up for $20 after it bombs just like every other Platinum games game. On another note where the hell is their smash bros mash up with Jack?
  • taokaka - December 10, 2011 4:15 p.m.

Revengeance is defined by urban dictionary as "-the act of gaining revenge at a rate of at least 2.54 times greater to that of standard revenge and 1.61 that of standard vengeance. -considered to be an act of the most violent retaliation. -while revenge is served cold and vengeance is served hot revengeance is often seen served with Cajun with a side of onion rings and often dumplings in the Orient how could you do that, you evil jerk, revengeance shall be mine." I hope that helped you, it didn't help me.
  • birdro - December 10, 2011 4:44 p.m.

I dunno, sounded pretty great, and there WERE numbers involved, so there's gotta be some truth in there. Makes me pretty interested in the standards for revenge and vengeance though. Maybe even their numbers.
  • Brutalicus - December 10, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Holy shit this looks fun.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Revengance is a stupid subtitle, but i honestly couldn't give less of a shit. The name of the game is irrelevant if the end product will be good. And the news that this is being handled by platinum games pretty much guarantees that. And for everyone that's bitching about the gameplay style. Take a look at what had been show from the game before. The game clearly has always been aimed to be a slasher action game more than a stealth one. And that's pretty much platinum's home turf. And considering the time this title had been in the dark for so long, it gives me the impression that Kojima's team was really as dedicated to the title as they were with other projects. It seems to me that platinum was pretty much contacted to save the title altogether. lastly, i think this paring will benefit both sides. konami is guaranteed to deliver a very top notch, action game that could potentially rival the more famous ones of the genre. And platinum will be associated with a famous franchise, giving them more exposure than their original titles have had in the past. They've always made excellent games, but none of them have really sold very well, so maybe this will finally be the break they needed.
  • RedHarlow - December 10, 2011 4:21 p.m.

You're just going to defend this game tooth and nail, aren't you?
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 4:31 p.m.

I can't defend a game I haven't actually played. What I AM defending is mainly the developer and the direction of the game. Right off the bat a lot of people are lashing out saying that this isn't an MGS game at all... And frankly, that's missing the point, since this game has never tried to be a core MGS game to begin with. It's likely I'm not gonna change any minds, and I'm not trying to, simply stating my opinion, this game looks more promising than not. Whether will it be any good I can't know till I play it, now can I?
  • mattdark - December 10, 2011 3:48 p.m.

as long as you dont have cutscenes for between every 5 minutes of gameplay, and have to spend half an hour waiting between chapters it'll have my attention. Though its being done by Platinum Games, perfect dev for making over-the-top awesome action games.
  • Sjoeki - December 10, 2011 3:42 p.m.

Couldnt care less about an extra word added to the title, but this doesn't look like a metal gear solid game. I also cant stand games where you first have to hit a person with a sword ten times but as a finishing move you can suddenly cut them in half with the exact same sword... Do that the first time and your life will be much easier! I've blindly bought all the other MGS games after finishing the first, but I think I'm going to wait with this one till a demo comes out. Oh and was that vamp he was fighting on the train?
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 10, 2011 3:43 p.m.

It's not supposed to be a Metal Gear Solid game - that's why they took Solid out of the title.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 3:54 p.m.

Both of you are wrong. It's neither meant to be a core MGS game, nor a completely new franchise altogether. They are called spin-offs, you both should research what that means.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 4:04 p.m.

Erm.. *facepalms* I jumped the gun here. What Hollander Cooper said is correct. first time I read it it sounded like he meant it was a different franchise altogether. Stupid mistake from my part, sorry.
  • Sjoeki - December 10, 2011 4:23 p.m.

I didn't mean it like that, it's just that it's more like DMC then it is MGS and I know it's not supposed to be a MGS, but I still think it's a shame.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 4:32 p.m.

How is it a shame if it's meant to be a different experience? it's not like they replaced an MGS game to make this.
  • Sjoeki - December 11, 2011 5:50 a.m.

For me personally the time spent on this could have better been spent on MGS 5 but it's just my opinion. Never liked Raiden, found that mix between fighting and ballet, in MGS 4, he had with Vamp boring, and I offcourse finished MGS 2 but all the time I would have rather played with Snake. So for me it is a shame that they are going with this. But like I said, it's just a opinion, and I might be a bit crazy.
  • BladedFalcon - December 11, 2011 7:01 a.m.

Fair enough. but again, you DO realize that this isn't even being mainly developed by Kojima's studios, right? So if they are making an MGS 5 I' pretty sure this game isn't detracting from their time anymore since it's being handled by someone else.
  • RoeTaKa - December 10, 2011 3:41 p.m.

I stare at the stars and the sky up ab....wHAAAT???! *raiden craps a rainbow whilst playing guitar* This will be good, this is how you show off that you can do something justice. Ninja Theory take notes.
  • 510BrotherPanda - December 10, 2011 3:39 p.m.

Is it just me, or does the title's format look a little like the recent Transformers movies' format? Is that a good thing or a (very) bad thing?