We Recommend

• R-ape - December 11, 2011 1:28 p.m.

As soon as I saw Platinum games mentioned, I figured GR would run it up with an Okami reference. Thanks for not being so predictable. Anyway, about the trailer, Raiden sure sounds a lot more sadistic than usual. You know. 'Cause he was a puss in MGS3.
  • gmcb2011 - December 11, 2011 4:22 p.m.

I'm hoping you meant MGS2.
  • BALLSTOTHEWALLET - December 11, 2011 11:57 a.m.

I jizzed right over my monitor
  • ultimatepunchrod - December 11, 2011 11:33 a.m.

I like Platinum, and this looks fun, but I'm not sure if I'd understand the plot since I've never played any of the other MGS games.
  • gmcb2011 - December 11, 2011 4:21 p.m.

I'm not sure anyone can follow any of the plots concerning Metal Gear.
  • ObliqueZombie - December 11, 2011 11:01 a.m.

Platinum Games? Precision cutting? Vanquish with Cyborg Samurais? Hell yeah.
  • kit07 - December 11, 2011 10:50 a.m.

wow i am seriously jacked for this. who cares if this isn't a stealth game. if it was called MGS 5 i could understand the complaint but it's not so get over yourselves. to me this is like a combination of Bayo meets NG set in the Metal Gear-verse and i for one love that idea. also im probably the only person who didn't hate Raiden in MGS2
  • SGTCOOL - December 11, 2011 9:38 a.m.

The font for the whole trailer looks like Robocop 3. That pretty much sums up my feelings for this game.
  • salaryman2456 - December 11, 2011 9:13 a.m.

I find some of the negative comments here a bit bizzare, the whole point of this game is to play as Ninja, a character famed throughout the series (who ever the Ninja is each time) as someone who decimates entire groups of soldiers so of course it is going to be a departure from the stealth operations of Snake/Big Boss. As for them not chopping people into tiny chunks of bloody goo, did we ever think Konami was going to let you do to a person what they did to a water melon? Finally as for plot, if the Kojima team are still producing this then I'm sure they will have some creative control over the plot however even if they have only a minimal input at least this means they'll be able to trim some of the fat from the universe and produce a more streamline story as in MGS1 & 3 which both work as standalone titles. So overall, I think this is brilliant news and a welcome move by Konami, speaking as someone who loves the series and bought a PS3 specifically for MGS4.
  • Darkhawk - December 11, 2011 8:54 a.m.

This news just made my day. Platinum games + Metal Gear = Amazing. Let's not forget, these are the folks responsible for: Okami Bayonetta and well some other not-half-bad games too :D
  • winner2 - December 11, 2011 8:23 a.m.

MGS4 was the sole reason I bought a ps3 at the time, because mgs4 is a fantastic game, from an unbelievably good stealth series. You do not take a series like that and turn it into this...vanquish/ninja gaiden crap.
  • BladedFalcon - December 11, 2011 10:25 a.m.

Again, this not MGS5, they didn't turn the series into something different. it's a spin-off, just like the Metal gear AC!D games were. Regardless of whether they were good or not, did they ruin or change the direction of the core series? Not at all. It's the same exact thing here.
  • sleepyMexican45 - December 11, 2011 10:54 a.m.

IT'S A SPINOFF YOU FOOOOOOL! ;)
  • Xerxes667 - December 11, 2011 6:26 a.m.

is revengeance even a word? my spellcheck doesn't seem to think so
  • shyamapyjama - December 11, 2011 6:04 a.m.

besides my other comment... I'm not happy about this game when I saw the trailer and it reached the end I was pretty much like WTF for 1 min, the game did look like bayonetta, just didnt make any sense, who are those guys in suits I thought it was the final fantasy film at one point, so confusing no real story yet, and the slicing before was much more accurate now it seems like you just go mental with the sword, it does not fit the enviroment alright demons fair enough, but turning everything into a cyborg... seriously its just the easy way out, what if you killed a human, and you had a scene similar to MGS3 where you get haunted until you reach the end... game won't be good the were all throwing around better ideas than the new team
  • sleepyMexican45 - December 11, 2011 10:55 a.m.

I think it should have a more serious tone. At the moment is seems very Bayonetta/DMC.
  • ThatsWhatSheSaid - December 11, 2011 5:56 a.m.

cud be a case of Shit name, Good game... tbd
  • shyamapyjama - December 11, 2011 5:40 a.m.

alright I've seen raiden, I've seen swords, I've seen giant robots, but I'm never going to decide until I see some booobs!
  • archnite - December 11, 2011 5:20 a.m.

I've always called it MSR on principle. and damn they stole the title of my debut heavy metal album. Further more PLATNIUM makeing METAL GEAR? - its like one of those which developer would you lke to make what series wishes came true. PANTS CREAMED !
  • luckyseven - December 11, 2011 4:48 a.m.

My penis is rising! (cant believe no one made that joke) Anyways everything in the trailer, besides the dumb name, seemed excellent. Looks like Vanquish, but with swords. Can't wait!
  • Unoriginal - December 11, 2011 4:38 a.m.

The tone of the trailer was far from serious and seeing as how this is Platinum games, who in my opinion have yet to make a bad game, I have complete faith in this. Old fans of the series might get pissed with the shift in gameplay and tone but in my opinion the series hit it's high point in MGS 3 and has been declining since. 4 was a good ending point for Snake.