• Mishumo - March 12, 2012 9:03 a.m.

Mass Effect is the best series I have ever played; but I have to say - after the hell that Shepard went through; the ending really sucked!!!
  • VvSch - March 12, 2012 4:39 a.m.

Can Mass Efeect 4 be a dating sim, puhleeeezz?
  • Thoughtless - March 11, 2012 6:05 p.m.

I'd love for the next game to be set during the contact wars, they could scale back all the tech, we could deal with all the problems of the early biotics, and they could use that to possibly add some RTS war elements.
  • aj-dark - March 17, 2012 10:54 a.m.

you wouldn't be Shepherd you need a new person maybe Anderson i think he was alive but then its like starting over nothing you did could affect that game pretty good idea but has problems
  • TheLotusReborn - March 11, 2012 4:07 p.m.

I think the next Mass Effect shouldn't be for 5 or 10 years, when we're craving a throwback to one of our favorite titles. Prequel or more personal story sounds good. I agree with Relayer71--Baldur's Gate 3 would be a nice surprise. KOTOR 3 seems unlikely now that SWTOR is out. But on that note, BG1&2 and KOTOR1&2 should totally get ported to XBLA! How has this not happened yet? I'd pay 20 bucks to play those games again, it's practically free money for them. I also agree that something NEW would be a good idea. I am looking forward to Dragon Age 3 someday, but Mass Effect has Bioware perfectly covering SciFi. Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age have Bioware perfectly covering Fantasy. I would trust Bioware with using a similar engine to their newest releases and coming up with a solid storyline involving Superheroes! Original characters and powers, nothing too flashy or campy. You're a budding Superpowered vigilante that has to gather a cast of allies to take down some crazy threat. That would be AWESOME.
  • majorsuave - March 11, 2012 8:42 a.m.

I am late to the game but ... It should not be Mass Effect 4. Prequel is the only option. I could see a nice RTS taking part during the First Contact War. If it is to be the same gameplay type, then make us play Anderson on his mission with Saren, that would be nice. Other possibilities: playing as Aria as she takes over Omega, a Cerberus agent (maybe Paul Grayson...?) when it was still a promising start-up. Why not an economy based sim on a human colony?
  • majorsuave - March 11, 2012 11:16 a.m.

Oh!!! I forgot: a sim in which you manage the Migrant Fleet!!!!
  • winner2 - March 11, 2012 8:09 a.m.

Last one is the only one I can agree with within 5 seconds. Definitely take time off, I like this game too much to see it bled dry. Make another KOTOR game, or hell just do a revamp of the first two and I'd be happy. A 3rd one though now would be nothing short of great though. Although, I'm hoping I don't see another dragon age 2 incident from bioware ever again.
  • daniel-riddler-ryan - March 11, 2012 6:01 a.m.

They bombed the ending. I wanted to see Shepard with his romance character (In my case Tali) but thy gave us three really shitty choices in which no matter what happens, Shepard loses everything. I chose the right option (theoretically, where it saves everyone including synthetics by synthesising or making everyone organic/synthetic hybrids) and what happens? He disappears and leaves Tali alone. I think thats crap. Just personal opinion cuz I love Tali and it really sucks that she loses him. They need to give some sort of reward or something for choosing each option, preferably with the ultimate good option netting a happy ending for Shepard.
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 11, 2012 7:54 p.m.

You're mixing up a "sad ending" with a "bad ending." Just because they didn't choose Shepard riding off into the sunset with Tali doesn't mean they bombed it.
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 13, 2012 4:21 p.m.

Warning: possible spoilers for some. Either you played what many are now speculating to be the "true" ending given the current theory about our so called "endings", or you were paid some massive amount of money to completely look over the HUGE plot holes in the current "endings" that we're playing through right now. It has nothing to do with the ending being sad, it goes against multiple characters...well, character. And overall doesn't make sense unless you use the indoctrination theory. Unless you think it makes sense that the crew members you bring on the final mission are magically teleported to the Normandy without explanation and that the Mass Effect relays being destroyed makes sense even though destroying them would cause multiple explosions with the scale of a super nova.
  • glenn-jinx-hooijmaaijers - March 10, 2012 6:14 p.m.

WARNING MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS!!! the Mass Effect franchise is absolutly amazing, the whole series takes you through that epic uphill battle with no hope for humanity just slim chances and daring risks. Shepard can rest now together with (atleast in my case) Kaiden, Mordin, Thane, Legian and good old Anderson. i say YES to a continuation in the series, NOT in the form of a MMO because that will flop like all of them and Mass Effect deserves better then that, NOT as a RTS or a Turn-Based atrosety... But as the continuation of Shepards legacy... what happens now... rebuild earth and ( SPOILERS ) the mass relays maybe? or will Joker and EDI build their own civilasation on that planet.. well if anyone can figure this out its Bioware... BRAVO to you for this series and if you proceed with the mass effect title dont fuck it up :P
  • MrDisturbed - March 10, 2012 1:50 p.m.

Mass effect is already amazing. the story is enticing,and the action is amazing. I would however like to see the wrold open up, and playing as shepard is fun, but this game trys to emphasize the players "choices" right? How about being able to choose a race and class. And i wouldn't mind being able to actually operate some vehicles. Mass effect as an MMO is just a sick thought, and someone mentioned turn-based combat that is ridiculous. I really enjoy the blend of genre Mass effect has. Don't mess that up by trying to take a side. Also try a new story. I'm sure theres more going on in the Galaxy then just The "reapers".
  • jmcgrotty - March 10, 2012 12:52 a.m.

A New Mexico landfill.
  • adam-wigley - March 9, 2012 8:38 p.m.

I'm honestly hoping to see who survived the Normandy crash on that Garden of Eden like planet. I'm really hoping Garrus or Javik, the others I'm not that fond of and could care less about. I already lost Legion, Thane, and Mordin and I REFUSE to lose them as well. I think this person, in my example Garrus, would have to stop a galatic civil war between supporters of the Genophage and non-supporters. Your squad would be: Grunt, Javik, Kaiden (again, if possible) Wrex, Liara, Tali, Jacob, and anyone else they chose to include. R.I.P, Legion, Mordin and Thane. You'll be remembered
  • amagasakiseb - March 9, 2012 7:08 p.m.

I want to see Bioware contracted by some government to produce educational games. I like how they use the choices to "affect" the game but I (as I said before) am not into Mass Effect. They could use the mechanics in Mass Effect to make a business game where you make business decisions and those decisions affect your company over so many rounds. There are games/simulations out there that do this (Country Manager etc.) but adding high end graphics and more advanced emotion to business partners, clients and colleagues would make the experience more interesting. Maybe I'm being silly but I want to see game developer talent used to a better end than just deciding exactly which alien race to have sex with.
  • esteban-ramon - March 9, 2012 6:21 a.m.

Mass Effect pulled a M. Night Shamalyan with a twisted ending.... An endings so bad that it affected the scores itself. Giving a 9+/10 into a 4 or 5/10 status. Good work bioware. I can come up with a better endings that what you gave me. hell, a emo person could come up with a better ending than that.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - March 8, 2012 9:21 p.m.

Oh, and for the love of GOD I don't want a Mass Effect FPS. Chances are slim a game like that could do the series justice.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - March 8, 2012 9:20 p.m.

I don't want an MMO. Because in all likely hood, I won't play it, and then I would miss out on all the Mass Effect goodness. Can't stand MMO's. The only one I've been remotely interested in is Guild Wars 2. And I'm not going to play that one even. If it were to be an MMO, it would seriously have to shake the foundation of modern MMO's to their core, perhaps even more so than Guild Wars 2 is attempting to do.
  • SOLAMON77 - March 8, 2012 9:08 p.m.

Wow, I'm sorry to say, aside from maybe the prequel idea or the krogan idea , I disagree with absolutely every idea presented in this article. I do not want a Mass Effect MMO, RTS, or FPS. I want Bioware to stick with what they do well and give me more of that. We have enough FPSs and MMOs out there anyway. Having it star an Elcor, no way. Video games are about wish fulfillment. I do not wish to be a slow-moving, four-legged, actionless character who can't express emotions in ways I can see because much of his emotion is expressed in scents or subtle, unnoticeable movements. Having it star a Krogan, maybe. It would have to be handled with the utmost care. One self contained story??? Seems like that's ripping the heart out of what it means to be a Mass Effect game. Beyond the sci-fi trappings, Mass Effect is about having you choices matter and seeing them play out over the long run. Even though I disagree with most of this article, I still liked reading it because it stimulates conversation and makes me think what I would want for the next Mass Effect. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work.