• MancisFrorkYorgan - May 16, 2011 8:08 p.m.

I'm progressive. I don't differentiate between straight and gay; it's all the same to me. I can accept homosexuality and I'm completely comfortable with my gay friends, just as I'm comfortable with my straight friends. Nonetheless, I will be having manly dude sex in Mass Effect 3 for teh lulz.
  • sneakyb - May 16, 2011 8:08 p.m.

my goal in Mass effect three will be to have a relation with all the guy, oh ya
  • EnragedTortoise1 - May 16, 2011 8:07 p.m.

Straight Guy here. I approve. Straight Guy, we're done here.
  • BladedFalcon - May 16, 2011 7:59 p.m.

*shrugs* This affects me in no way whatsoever, really. As it should be for anyone that does not care much for Male to male relationships. Just because the option has been added, by no means one has to do it. Something to keep in mind for anyone (somehow) freaking out over this. What I'm more interested to know is... Exactly how much will pretty much any playable character from ME2 be implemented? I liked a lot of them, but the fact that all of them could potentially die, also means it could be tricky to make them playable characters. Specially if Bioware uses the same strategy it pulled off with Ashley/Kaidan and Wrex, those characters were the only ones that could die in ME1, and were the only ones that didn't return as playable characters in ME2....
  • RebornKusabi - May 16, 2011 7:57 p.m.

Sorry but as a straight male gamer, I completely agree with this decision. If you have a f*cking problem with gay people, then play another video game series. Like it or not, there are gay gamers and they would like to have a gay option and if that bothers you then you need to grow the hell up...
  • jackthemenace - May 16, 2011 7:51 p.m.

@BellaKazza and Bawheidbob- Are you both trying to say political correctness is going too far, or are you both just unbelievably homophobic?
  • jackthemenace - May 16, 2011 7:49 p.m.

Guys kissing is HAWT. No, but putting that option in is good. It shows Bioware knows they DO have an audience outside of sexually frustrated teenage boys. Like me. That said, It'll be fun trying to bed a dude character in this one, with Ashley and Miranda both trying to tear his throat out.
  • grandinquisitor - May 16, 2011 7:45 p.m.

I have to say I sort of wish they would just cut the sex scenes completely, not because I don't like sex, but because I don't like sex between plastic puppets clipping through each other like the electromagnetic force has disappeared. Also it always looks like Mass Effect characters can never exert any pressure when they touch each other.
  • Bawheidbob - May 16, 2011 7:29 p.m.

The world does not need the 'press x to suck cock button' a step too far in the madness of today's society.
  • hellodesdemona - May 16, 2011 7:26 p.m.

'bout time! Good for you, Bioware!
  • Bubblesauce - May 16, 2011 7:18 p.m.

My friend heard this back when it was just a rumour, and now he keeps calling garrus "his care-bear"... I'm not sure it's a joke any more...
  • TheTygerfire - May 16, 2011 7:13 p.m.

Didn't they come out and say that the character of Commander Sheppard was definitely not gay, and that's why you couldn't have same-sex couples before now?.... Honestly, this is just unnecessary to me. Even being in a same-sex couple myself I see no purpose in having the option to be gay in every game. It just seems like over compensation. I thought Bioware of all people would stick to their guns and keep up with character traits, especially a major one like sexuality.
  • NotBraze - May 16, 2011 7:09 p.m.

I am ok with providing a broader range of romance options in BioWare's games, but I think in this case it's a bit of a mistake simply for continuity purposes. I mean, for two games we've gotten to know these characters and their motivations and world views, for Garrus or Tali to just 'come out' in the third chapter would feel forced and wrong. I think Mass Effect 3 should stick with heterosexual romance options with the exception of Asarii since they are sort of monogender anyway. That's how Mass Effect 1 & 2 were (with the exception of Kelly Chambers but that wasn't exactly a real romance option anyway), and for the sake of continuity I feel BioWare should carry that through the final game.
  • paganpoet - May 16, 2011 7:05 p.m.

yay! Now ghey men can be just as horrified by the uncanny valley and awkwardness of BioWare sex scenes as straight people are!
  • WyldStalyon - May 16, 2011 7:05 p.m.

I still say people hate robots
  • Ninja-KiLLR - May 16, 2011 6:56 p.m.

@ WyldStayln u can sleep with robots in the sims 2 if u want to get your robot freak on WyldStalyon. But im am glad about this there is way to much prejuduce and intolerance in the world.
  • WyldStalyon - May 16, 2011 6:43 p.m.

Pfft.. Progressive my ass.. when do I get to fuck a robot.. come on future space time... I CAN DO THAT NOW
  • bron1417 - May 16, 2011 6:41 p.m.

Love triangles...lovely. Tali,Liara and possibly Ashley if she makes a return. hmmm...
  • Clovin64 - May 16, 2011 6:38 p.m.

So now a male Shep can have a gay relationship with Garrus?! This surely a good thing.
  • TheDicksOfDanAmrich - May 16, 2011 6:37 p.m.

Yummy.