• BlackElement17 - May 16, 2011 11:43 p.m.

First play through I'm going to take the love triangle between Liara and Tali and Leave them both hanging dry for my beautiful Garrus and our calibrations.
  • paganpoet - May 16, 2011 11:20 p.m.

@Hank34, can you seriously look at Ms. Pac-man and tell me with a straight face that it isn't Pac-man in drag?
  • poosmacker - May 16, 2011 11:07 p.m.

woah woah.... nelly no....
  • talkraider - May 16, 2011 10:40 p.m.

The bible says when a man lays with another man, it is an abomination. However, It doesn't say anything about women on women.
  • el.waxa - May 16, 2011 10:36 p.m.

I think it would be really refreshing and edgy to play as a gay protagonist, I know other games in the past would give you the option but I'm surprised no one has (to my knowledge anyway).
  • IcePotato - May 16, 2011 9:56 p.m.

So all the old cast members just suddenly come out of the closet? Thats a bit hard to believe.
  • MySistersMenstruationTastesFunny - May 16, 2011 9:39 p.m.

So every game from here on out needs to have dudes boning our else it's homophobic? Sounds more like white American insecurity. Oh if you didn't vote for Obama, you're racist.
  • Redeater - May 16, 2011 9:23 p.m.

@RebornKusabi "Sorry but as a straight male gamer" And yet you have a picture of Lady GaGa as your avatar........ I kid. :) But seriously this news is.....alright? I barely noticed in dragon age. Although please no achievement for sleeping with a guy. I'm all for gay rights but I really don't want to sleep with another male just to complete a game %100.
  • gianoss - May 16, 2011 8:57 p.m.

yay gay visibility
  • hellodesdemona - May 16, 2011 8:46 p.m.

In all seriousness, people slamming their fist in outrage are taking their gaming interest WAY WAY too seriously. Mass Effect is a Role Playing Game. A ROLE-PLAYING game. True RPGs let you customize how play, and let you be any kind of person you want to be. Technology isn't around yet to let us choose ANYTHING, but that time will come. In the meantime, Bioware is giving us as many options as is feasible with our current technology and their budget. And yes, adding choices means that you may be given the option to choose something you wouldn't do in real life. Including the opportunity to be homosexual. That is the point of ROLE PLAYING.
  • killorabbit - May 16, 2011 8:46 p.m.

This really isn't that unexpected. I for one thought the option had been in the first two games anyway. It's not like they changed the name to 'Ass Effect 3' and filled it with graphic homosexual images. If you think the change is taking things too far, that's fine. Go have fun kanoodling with that two-faced cow Ashley. It's your loss, I'm off to skip hand-in-hand through the citadel with Legion and it will be glorious.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - May 16, 2011 8:42 p.m.

Fuck yes! Right on Bioware. I probably won't romance a dude, but its nice to have the option anyways. Then again, maybe I'll play through the first two games AGAIN just to save myself for some sculpted hunk. Awwwwwwwww yeah.........butt secks
  • hellodesdemona - May 16, 2011 8:40 p.m.

@ Aletheon If you think fans are crying for homosexual relations out of political correctness, you are sorely mistaken. Fans want it because it is a SPACE OPERA. And nothing says SPACE OPERA like Ashley and Miranda walking in on their former lover and Garrus. Making out. OH, HELL YEAH. Now THAT'S what I call a subplot!
  • Aletheon - May 16, 2011 8:28 p.m.

FOX is the only word in the english language that numerically equals 666. That being said, don't be so ignorant to think that YOUR favorite mainstream media news is any better, because it isn't. You're being played on either side of the fake left/right paradigm. Mass Effect 3 is not something I look forward to. The fact that they feel the need to shoehorn gay sex into the game means I'll not give them money. Not because I give a crap about gay/not gay, but because political correctness is mind control. The auto-default opinion that you are "progressive" or more evolved by accepting every change in society just shows a lack of discernment and awareness of the bigger picture. But what would you expect from your average person nowadays? Its way too complex for most people to grasp, understand or even research.
  • foxxjeh - May 16, 2011 8:23 p.m.

Garrus was already awkward with female Shepard, can't wait to see how that goes down with male Shepard, my guess... CALIBRATIONS
  • FauxFurry - May 16, 2011 8:21 p.m.

The Uncanny Valley isn't a social club that discriminates based upon sexual identity or gender configuration. It's about time that ignorant meat creatures realized that. Finally, everyone can be called a pervert for looking at in-game sex scenes (at least somewhat) relevant to their sexual interests in space-based BioWare games! Perhaps some of the Shepard Slash fiction out there in cyber-space will finally be acted out in space...in canon? (no She-Shepard/EDI pairing will be possible, so don't get your hopes up...or is it?) The anticipation is so perfectly exquisitely agonizing as to be a thing of beauty unto itself. Someone here might have to accuse someone of being a stunted adolescent scared of real life relationships right now just to get the ball rolling! Who will it be? That's up to the player to decide!
  • CoryM1134 - May 16, 2011 8:18 p.m.

Here here. I'm a straight married dude, but I'll bone anything that moves if the game lets me. Completely seriously, though, I don't think Bioware is trying to overcompensate anything with this move. Usually the main characters in games as action oriented as Mass Effect are pretty concrete, and I'm having a hard time thinking of any gay main character. If you can customize everything else, though, why the hell not. It just brings it a little bit closer to real life... just because you don't want to hit on dudes doesn't mean the option isn't there. And for those dudes that have such an issue with Bioware adding a small, optional, barely sub-plot feature to an already massive game, well... look around. The world is leaving you behind, and one day you're going to look like that old redneck that keeps spouting out racist slurs in public while all the normal people are disgusted and embarrassed for him.
  • codystovall - May 16, 2011 8:12 p.m.

Carolyn Grundmunson will finally get her fix. Me, not so much....(blegh)
  • QWERTYCommander - May 16, 2011 8:10 p.m.

Also, I can only imagine what Fox News is going to say.
  • QWERTYCommander - May 16, 2011 8:09 p.m.

Guys, BellaKazza has proved to be a troll. He said things similar to this in the Duke Nukem Forever coverage.