• Sjoeki - November 26, 2013 8:06 a.m.

24. That we have to wait till february till we can buy one in the netherlands. But maybe kinect will be working by then so it might not be all that bad.
  • Unoriginal - November 26, 2013 1:20 p.m.

Oh the Netherlands got the shaft too? Sony announced a fabruary launch day for Iceland today and the only way to get access to the PSN that accepts icelandic credit card is to wait. Sucks to be us :/
  • Redeater - November 26, 2013 7:24 p.m.

Fabruary. The gayest month. Quick question Mr. Iceland. Do you guys celebrate Thorrablot where you live? Some friends and I are trying to make it down since, let's face it, that festival sounds fucking awesome! We also want to check out your ice caverns and buildings but mainly the festival.
  • Unoriginal - November 27, 2013 4:05 a.m.

Hell yeah we do! Hope you guys have strong stomachs. Foreigners have not always handled Þorrablóts mix of copious beer drinking mixed with soured shark meat and goat heads. I always thought Þorrablót sounded bad to non-icelanders :P
  • Redeater - November 27, 2013 10:32 a.m.

"I always thought Þorrablót sounded bad to non-icelander" I've gotten a LOT of strange looks (especially from lady friends) after telling people why I want to go there. "That sounds horrible!" They say. I always reply with the same thing. "No what sounds horrible to me is going to Mexico or Cuba and drinking while doing nothing but lounging around in the pool or air conditioned hotels like EVERY person seems to do while down there." Anyways, thanks man. I was trying to squeeze it in this Jan but will probably have to wait until next year because I'm so busy. Looking forward to it!
  • Arobadope - November 26, 2013 6:56 a.m.

Welp, all of these don't surprise me at all hahahaha
  • Swedish_Chef - November 26, 2013 3:20 a.m.

So basically what you mean to say is the majority of the problems with the system are because of the UI, Kinect and Kinect interacting with the UI. Welp, looks like Windows 8's interface looks to continue it's streak of making whatever it touches suck complete ass.
  • aakriti-ghai - November 26, 2013 2:59 a.m.

It’s just been a few days since the Xbox One's launch and already gamers are experiencing issues with the console. Some users are reportedly facing problems with their console's disc drive. http://www.themoneytimes.com/featured/20131126/microsoft-acknowledges-xbox-ones-faulty-disc-drive-issue-id-1701713728.html
  • Jimbobskii - November 26, 2013 2:41 a.m.

Things that annoy me. There's no guide anymore - I enjoyed the fact that the friends list and messages were easily accessible without interrupting the game (I suppose the game is still runningng in the background so it's still kinda the same) I guess I just don't understand why friends list is now an app. "party time" - woo yeh party time... Er no. Once in a party you have to then manually switch on party chat by "Xbox snap party" as if I didn't want to talk to my friends I just accepted the invite off anyway and then, "cannot turn on party chat right now" FFFFUUUUUUUUU! Invites to a game lobby - this is just weird in some games like battlefield you can't just simply lobby up and search for a game together, it seems the party leader (the one who first started "party time") has to search for a game which will then send a prompt to the others in the party saying something like "your multiplayer party game is now ready would you like to join?". What happened to simply inviting someone to a game and them pressing accept? No recent players - well Microsoft my friends list is maxed out at 100 on the 360 unfortunately only about 5 of those people have stepped forth into the next gen so I need to make some new friends. I came across some pleasant chaps on forza Motorsport the other night but I had to go offline before remembering to add them. The next day I thought I'll check recent players for their names. Oh yeh you didn't add that application? So what I'm supposed to do now is "find people" by searching their names what if they've got some rediculous GT like xX 5n0wy Turn1p5 Xx as if I'm supposed to remember that. Fortunately it turns out that 1 of these guys followed me before I went offline but it never notified me of that I just happened to hover over the followers section where it flashed the words "1 new" and guess what it never told me who was the new guy so I had to look through all the names one there to notice anything that was out of place. Also you guys were pushing this new robust reputation system HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EASILY LEAVE SOMEONE FEEDBACK WITHOUT RECENT PLAYERS ARE YOU STUPID ? Snap - snap seems to only work with the voice why is there no button for it. That button with the two squares (the one that used to be "back") looks like it should be the snap button it looks like picture in picture mode. What is that button even called? I understand games like cod use it for the scoreboard so maybe if you double tapped this button it would snap Bumper buttons - the way the controller falls in my hand makes my fingers stretch all the way across the bumper buttons, almost meeting at the middle above the Xbox button. Unfortunately these bumber buttons can only be pressed down on the half which is th outside edge, which makes me have to have my finger in a bit of an uncomfortable claw like position. I'm sure Microsoft will iron out most of these problems in the future I think the guide will be a vital addition though they must bring that back. Other than that I'm absolutely loving the Xbox one the voice commands work seamlessly for me now I think it took a bit of time to build a profile of my voice or something because day 1 there was hitches a lot of me repeating myself.
  • mafyooz - November 26, 2013 12:34 a.m.

Does the Netflix thing still apply to things that would be free on any other platform? My step-son forgot to renew his 360 gold subscription recently and found he couldn't get on to youtube until he'd resubscribed because it was behind Microsoft's paywall. Having never encountered that on our PS3 me and his mum thought he was joking at first and just trying to con us into giving him his spending money early ;)
  • chaz-wilson - November 27, 2013 1:56 p.m.

Xbox has always required the "Gold" membership in order to access any live streaming apps. None of the other consoles requires such a feature since you already pay a monthly subscription to those said apps. I've always had Gold so I've never experienced this issue but I don't like the fact that I would have to pay double to use a subscription that I already payed for.
  • JachAnen - November 25, 2013 11:39 p.m.

With the PS4, it was little things like the article said, but since so many of these are about the Kinect V.2. Then all these small things prove one big thing, that it really sucks with voice commands, which is something they seemed proud of and wanted everyone to use. At least with the first Kinect they fixed it before launch so it worked really well, but this is half-assed.
  • ZuzuPachulia - November 25, 2013 10:46 p.m.

Now someone may say if there are micro-transactions in a game, you could just ignore them. But I found this example watching a friend playing nba 2k14. Basically the whole game is centered around their currency. You use it in every game mode (upgrading MyPlayers and MyGMs) and the only way to get them naturally is playing the game. My friend would then play a 6 minute quarter game (24 total + any clock stoppage) and would only get enough tokens for maybe one upgrade. Now he has himself grinding out at the game by maxing out his shooting stats just to make the game go faster. I can tell he's not having fun. Having a micro-transaction system like that can basically ruin a game, even for those that don't buy any.
  • ZuzuPachulia - November 25, 2013 10:58 p.m.

Whoops, meant to post this in the micro-transaction article, but still somewhat applies here.
  • KNITEpanda - November 25, 2013 9:16 p.m.

How did they forget to mention that there is ZERO cross platform chat. Oh you're friend is on the Xbox One? Want to know how their day went? Well forget about sending them a voice message, they wont be able to listen to it w/o being on an Xbox 360...How does the same brand of console not support the same messages? I can understand this with the Xbox VS Xbox 360 differences in technology, but between the 360 and the One? Thats just stupid.
  • mcr35353 - November 26, 2013 3:47 a.m.

Apparently there's no cross platform chat because the audio quality and codecs are vastly different between the two platforms. It's one of the major improvements they announced that online chat had much greater clarity.
  • Shigeruken - November 25, 2013 8:41 p.m.

Just like Windows 8 Most of the useful things have been removed, everything is needlessly convoluted and cluttered, and navigation is a nightmare. I'm hoping for a kinect-free sku at a cheaper price later on, but if the b button doesn't work the way it used to then I think I'll hold off.
  • RSQViper - November 25, 2013 7:22 p.m.

I wish they would allow us to nickname our XBOX One's. So instead of saying "XBOX Turn Off" we could say something like "CLYDE Turn Off" then we can name it something we would not say 1000 times around it and it wouldn't think we're wanting it to do something.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 25, 2013 9:10 p.m.

MAIN SCREEN TURN ON
  • RSQViper - November 25, 2013 7:20 p.m.

I personally think we should call it the X1. It's the coolest.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 25, 2013 6:18 p.m.

I'm waiting until my birthday to get an Xbox1.