• wingsdjy - June 7, 2012 9:35 a.m.

Time to order a new controller to play this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/981b/?cpg=froogle
  • TheHowetzer - June 7, 2012 11:02 a.m.

Second law of Thermodynamics reference FTW!!!!
  • oryanbelt - June 7, 2012 9:29 a.m.

I bet when you chisel away the cube, there will be a blinding light and from that light, Rick Astley will emerge and start singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" :)
  • Tronto13 - June 7, 2012 9:26 a.m.

I like him and I think this project is really interesting. People complained about MW2's more expensive dlc but then most of the people complaining went and bought it anyway, people spend hundred on farmville for virtual tomatoes etc. There is so much of a must have mentality around gaming and even more two-facedness when it comes to things so I for one am eagerly awaiting this games release to see how it all plays out. On top of that the results gained from this could have some really interesting outcomes and lead to many things. I feel it has become "cool" to hate on Peter which is sad as the man has produced some damn good games. If you dont think outside the box and push yourself to change the way people think or play you produce a continuous stream on unoriginal games. Yes you may get a load of unfulfilled promises but if even one great idea comes out of them I feel it is for the better.
  • TheHowetzer - June 7, 2012 9:38 a.m.

Please explain to me how this is a GAME? This is a fucking TV show that you wont even get to see the end of dude. You have to hope you get to hear about it from some unknown source, youve got to be kidding me man. Im ALL for pushing for new cool games and methods etc, but this is just shit. So you're telling us you would PAY to play this...this..thing?
  • Tronto13 - June 7, 2012 10:41 a.m.

Its not gonna be £50,000 to play it I doubt buying it normally would cost that much. Also with the internet nowadays it is more likely that the ending/contents will end up online than not. Even if it isn't I would imaging the results of it will probably be released ie figures/stats relating to how many people payed, time played how much people payed etc which I personally think will be very interesting to see.
  • TheHowetzer - June 7, 2012 11:05 a.m.

I still don't get how this counts as a game man. The only possible way to call this thing a game is to realize that HE'S (Peter M.) the one playing the game here, and hes playing it with YOUR time and minds. Good luck to you sir.
  • Manguy17 - June 7, 2012 1:34 p.m.

its not a game, its a social experiment. Aka Milgram
  • Stridefizzel - June 7, 2012 9:17 a.m.

There can BE only one... CUBE CRACKER!!!
  • robotdickens - June 7, 2012 9:14 a.m.

Peter Monlyneux is insane, period. But yes from the psychology book he read this from, it is an interesting point. Will I buy into his shit again? Will anyone be insane enough to spend that amount of money to look at naked pictures of Monlyeux (spoiler, its nude pictures). Personally it sounds interesting, but with his track record I would say don't listen and just wait for the reviews.
  • Wasting_Light - June 7, 2012 9:05 a.m.

Maybe Half Life 3 IS inside the cube! I MUST GET THIS GAME!
  • SentientSquidMachine - June 7, 2012 9:02 a.m.

A picture of his balls with flashing middle fingers is what's inside.....seriously dude just took trolling to a new level.
  • Shjonzo - June 7, 2012 8:46 a.m.

I really hope this is a joke
  • TheHowetzer - June 7, 2012 8:25 a.m.

Dude this guy is fucking nuts, and if you guys find yourselves saying to yourselves....."hold on now Howetzer, maybe this guy is a huge genius and you just dont see it" Then YOU guys need to get your heads checked too. This is NOT the kind of thing that should be done with a game. I mean I get it guys, its kind of interesting the questions hes raising about monitization and the choice the person has to reveal what was inside, its basically a publicity stunt though, and if he REALLY wanted to just research this and NOT make it about making money, he would conduct this or a similar experiment where all experimentation belongs...in college.
  • robotdickens - June 7, 2012 9:16 a.m.

I totally agree. Its like if they took Minecraft, and added 3000 different "mystery" DLCs in which you take a chance spending your hard money to find something you didn't even want. Though, perhaps it is the better version of what was supposed to be Fable 3.
  • Bansheebot - June 7, 2012 8:25 a.m.

Even if it's just an experiment, it's pretty a pretty pointless one because of capture cards and youtube.
  • db1331 - June 7, 2012 8:21 a.m.

What a fucking hack. Maybe the cube contains all the broken promises he's made about his games over the years. This guy is so fucking overrated.
  • Nikku7 - June 7, 2012 10:23 a.m.

I agree. Never gotten into his games anyway. Couldn't say it better.
  • Pwnage19 - June 7, 2012 8:18 a.m.

The cube will contain a mirror, where it will be revealed that you--a unique individual--are actually the prize. Lol. That would be awful.
  • XD00175 - June 7, 2012 8:07 a.m.

This is one of those times where I feel comfortable calling someone mad, but maybe a genius. Seriously, how do you even begin to come up with this kind of stuff? Oh, and maybe the cube contains the "greatest RPG ever made".
  • Joco84 - June 7, 2012 8:07 a.m.

errr..... wut??