Topics

WTF

• Cwf2008 - August 4, 2010 9:08 a.m.

The great part about finding out that something like Fallout 3 or Nostradomas or any other "seer" was able to predict events in the future AFTER THEY ALREADY HAPPENED is that it is very easy to fake it. Btw did you guys know that Hitler predicted the holocaust?
  • kyle-cruickshank - April 27, 2013 2:04 a.m.

actually he did thats why he did what he did
  • AngryScotsman - August 4, 2010 9:21 a.m.

Well, it was an interesting read. Those numbers stations in real life sound terrifying when you hear them.
  • Dabenguin - August 4, 2010 9:33 a.m.

Kinda eerie isn't? Good article though. Love the tidbit of SA's bigfoot. My friends spent WEEKS looking for that, no matter how often I told them it was fake.
  • ThePrivateDick - August 4, 2010 9:35 a.m.

Spooky...though I wonder if it's eerier imagining someone pouring over a video game reading numbers, and then scrawling them on his walls, crazily pointing at them in morbid fascination.
  • PipGirl - August 4, 2010 9:43 a.m.

I love stories like this. I am one of the FOOLS that spent ages wandering around San Andreas looking for Bigfoot. Never did find the sucker........haha.
  • wud03 - August 4, 2010 9:58 a.m.

I read this on 4chan /x/ a while back. As an aside, wiki number stations, kinda creepy (and real).
  • Xephimost - August 4, 2010 9:58 a.m.

@GamesRadar Here's an idea for an article: Top 7 Best Video Game Hoaxes. Partly because this article was interesting and made me curious about other hoaxes out there, and mostly because I'm too lazy to look for them. =D
  • EdDeRs1 - August 4, 2010 9:58 a.m.

looks like a PC version of the game so it could be a mod
  • Ampatent - August 4, 2010 10 a.m.

Snopes.com isn't a conspiracy site, seriously, it takes five seconds to do this level of research.
  • pr0tostar - August 4, 2010 10 a.m.

This is coldpasta on 4chan lol. One of the far better creepapasta stories i've read though; it's plausible enough to get some sort of media attention.
  • OhMyJosh - August 4, 2010 10:57 a.m.

I think these stories are great. I am just waiting for the day that a news group picks-up this story and ends up making the headline 'Video-games linked to Gary Coleman's death. Is your child in danger?' Haven't you noticed that news casts seem only use the term 'video (pause) game' instead of just 'games'. Don't you usually reserve that pause when you need to get something casual to mean 'this is the..proper..shit'. It is also probably used to drag out the anti-tech people who would'nt understand that they aren't just any game, but a (queue Doctor Evil fingers) "video game", the source of all fucking evil. But yea, they are a great tribute to the internet, and its fun to watch people try to crack the mystery of this case. Who knows, we might need to get Professor Layton to come in and help :P.
  • Clovin64 - August 4, 2010 11:29 a.m.

God Damnit! I spent so damn long looking for Bigfoot in SA! From now on, I will never believe anything anybody ever says about a game unless it is confirmed on my beloved GamesRadar.com. P.S. You look very suave in your pic at the top of the article Justin.
  • joshin69 - August 4, 2010 11:34 a.m.

PipGirl, yep i was the same, up in the woods sneeking around thinking i was going to find it. The one thing thaty was in SA was UFO's though they went far to fast and to high to catch.
  • Millikin - August 4, 2010 11:45 a.m.

Pokémon was the big one for false rumours. Which buttons to press to guarantee a Pokémon catch, if and how you could catch Mew without going to a special Nintendo event. My 10 year old brother was told that if you spoke to the Fishing Guru 100 times in a row he'd give you the Master Rod which you could catch Lv.99 golden Gyarados with. And tried it.
  • Cyberninja - August 4, 2010 12:08 p.m.

as long as nothing else happens from the game i can live with 2 right by a game.
  • zanebrandon - August 4, 2010 12:11 p.m.

Well after playing for the 14 hours straight the one day,I didnt think it was anything. I just kept playing, but i did hear one of these stations and i was like.... WTF ooookay then and just kept going.
  • NeonSalmon - August 4, 2010 12:38 p.m.

A Top 7 on video game hoaxes would be nice.....
  • JosefMotley - August 4, 2010 1:17 p.m.

you can predict the future with ANYTHING. a pack of cards, or a half-finished game. seriously, they didn't even have time to get the crippling bugs out of fallout 3, i doubt very much they'd have time to program in a nostradamous complex too. either that or they spent all their time on that and not enough checking for bugs. either way, bethesda aren't getting any of my money or time for their next ugly glitchfest
  • H2A2I00 - August 4, 2010 1:26 p.m.

any reason is a good reason to play fallout 3