• mannimama - March 6, 2012 12:36 p.m.

well personally i think no because think no why should they yhink of one of the greatest mario games of altime its mario 64 of course i think they should not so keep up the good work nintendo
  • Mezolitik - February 21, 2012 4:27 p.m.

According to Wikipedia, Mario has featured in over 200 video games since his creation. Nintendo have done more milking than an elderly farmer.
  • Nikku7 - February 21, 2012 11:12 a.m.

We actually just want more Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi titles. They don't get the attention they deserve.
  • Felixthecat - February 21, 2012 10:14 a.m.

Why would I want to see my favourite franchise given a break? Keep churning out the good stuff Nintendo.
  • Leweenie - February 21, 2012 5:17 a.m.

They need to make another one like Super Mario Sunshine. It was the best.
  • mbavalo - February 21, 2012 4:36 a.m.

the only reason nintendo makes money is because of mario.... thats the sad part, otherwise there is a need of exploration in other titles!
  • MCN2011 - February 21, 2012 5:06 a.m.

So Pokemon doesn't make any money?
  • FInsomniac - February 21, 2012 11:10 a.m.

Apparently neither does The Legend of Zelda. Nor the Wii X series. And everyone obviously HATES Kirby, as if that really needed to even be said. Obviously Nintendo has absolutely nothing.
  • mannimama - March 6, 2012 12:40 p.m.

wrong wrong wrong they dont just make money off mario think of star fox, legend of zelda, kirby, captin falcon, metroid and well i say kid icarus
  • taokaka - February 21, 2012 3:45 a.m.

I want a sequel to bowser's inside story but other than that I can live without mario tennis, paper mario, 2d mario 3d, and super mario bros mii.
  • Ravenbom - February 21, 2012 2:24 a.m.

They manage the brand pretty well, Mario Party needs to take a break though. Plus all the games play fairly different so I don't mind the cast in different gameplay types.
  • Ravenbom - February 21, 2012 2:26 a.m.

If any mascot needs a break, it's Sonic.
  • taokaka - February 21, 2012 3:46 a.m.

as a huge fan of sonic I 100% agree.
  • Cyberninja - February 21, 2012 3:53 p.m.

this is ironic seeing as GR's biggest sonic fan made an article about sonic taking a break, now i am waiting for henry to make the same exact article about sonic.
  • D0CCON - February 22, 2012 2:02 p.m.

I'm guessing you mean Henry would write one about Mario? I'm not sure he would, seeing as how new Mario releases are still good. Sonic needed a break to get his shit together for a good game, Mario doesn't have that problem.
  • Hobogonigal - February 21, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Screw everyone who said yes. Mario is great and his games are the best on Nintendo platforms. No-one else has done anything better on a Nintendo console, so why change? It's not as if Mario is like CoD, there is a good few years between the release of each iteration. On the flipside though, whilst I personally don't want 9 mario parties and all the sports spin-offs, the recognition of Mario allows means these games can be played by families and will be a lot more succesful than generic sports games.
  • psycho ninja 4 - February 21, 2012 12:06 a.m.

Honestly i've gotten sick of seeing mario. But the core gameplay is still fun after all this time. Nintendo could use a new franchise But Mario's practically there mascot.
  • AuthorityFigure - February 21, 2012 12:03 a.m.

I think all of the NEW SMBs stunk, and the 3DS ones don't interest me either. If I was a shareholder, I would want Mario to come out at intervals that maximize sales - that is, not too often.
  • Hobogonigal - February 21, 2012 12:35 a.m.

How did they stink? I may be able to understand the multiplayer aspect of NSMB Wii but it was great on the DS. There was a massive gap between NSMB DS and the last mario 2D platformer and that is why they may have sold so many copies; because they did what you said and left an interval. Also SML3D is fantastic, its a shame you weren't interested...
  • Rub3z - February 21, 2012 3:19 p.m.

A true, core Mario game... like 3DLand or Galaxy... doesn't come out too often. Mostly one or two per console. I don't think people are getting sick of Mario. Look at Disney. Have people gotten sick of Mickey Mouse? How can a person, really, get "sick of" these characters? I think they're here to stay. People love them. It must be the overalls. With the big buttons. And the white gloves. And those shoes. They just never seem to go out of style.