We Recommend

• Gameguy94 - February 23, 2011 3:29 a.m.

Yeah whatever. I'm tired of these types of games and Battlefield 3 is the only military shooter that I'm picking up this year, bu ti wish the best of luck to the devs of Homefront in the hopes they don't get stomped by CoD.
  • civver - February 23, 2011 3:16 a.m.

I wonder if the KPA actually has a reason for committing such crimes other than to look obviously evil.
  • Baron164 - February 23, 2011 3:14 a.m.

I'm getting excited for this game. The game sounds like it's coming along nicely and I've really enjoyed THQ's newer games like Red Faction and even Frontlines Fuel of War.
  • Seamus - February 23, 2011 3:10 a.m.

Korea didn't suddenly unite, N Korea invaded S Korea.
  • grappler51 - February 23, 2011 3:05 a.m.

This actually looks really good the story always interested me and now the gameplay is sounding excellent as well. Definitely gonna pick this up for PC.
  • santaclouse37 - February 23, 2011 3:05 a.m.

Don't know what all the hate is about. Sure, gameplay-wise it's not gonna be too different from the crowd, but I'm extremely excited to see a shooter with a good story that isn't afraid to go where most war games typically skim over.
  • D0CCON - February 23, 2011 2:52 a.m.

Interesting, but I still think China would have been the better antagonist. The army they have amassed is so great, I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull off a hostile takeover of the US. As for the game itself, it is just another game that picked a bad time to come out. When the holy trinity of games that are awesome to the 86 quintillionth power are all scheduled to come out in the same year (Portal 2, ME3, TES:5), games like Homefront are forced to be left in the dust. Sorry.
  • FOZ - February 23, 2011 2:33 a.m.

The problem I have is that articles about this game are always trying to talk about how it doesn't matter if the invasion is plausible; It's not just the invasion, what bothers me is that Korea suddenly "unites." That's nonsense. A lot of Koreans don't see the North or South as even the same people anymore. They're not going to be "unified" just like that, and ESPECIALLY not under North Korea. They can't feed their own people, who the hell thinks they can conquer South Korea, unite the people, AND afford to build the empire they seem to somehow have in this game, all in what, 15 years? That's where the real implausibility is for me. Not like it matters to the actual game, but I'm just saying, the invasion isn't the only thing implausible here. I'm still uncertain. For one, game journalists claimed the MW2 airport mission was totally necessary to the plot and bold, but it turned out to be a load of tasteless nonsense only serving to further confuse one of the stupidest plots I've ever seen in a game. How are we supposed to know this game is going to be so different? Next, the gameplay is just unspectacular. I'm done with Call of Duty, I'm pretty much off shooters entirely for some time, excluding Human Revolution, which won't be entirely a "shooter" with any luck. What I've seen is boring, gray and dark green suburban combat, a pointless slow-mo sequence, and somebody yelling to "take out those machine guns!" Prone behind cover then standing up to shoot machine gunners, what a refreshing design choice. Last, where is Freedom Fighters 2?
  • iKOemos - February 23, 2011 2:24 a.m.

Looks slick.
  • Revolution472 - February 23, 2011 2:24 a.m.

this game looks ok...i might borrow it from my friend if he gets it, or ill probably rent it.