• Robx - February 23, 2011 12:27 p.m.

We could be very good friends, Justin, oh yes...
  • Montag - February 23, 2011 12:22 p.m.

Oh and did you know the original driver only had right angled corners, no curves?
  • Montag - February 23, 2011 12:20 p.m.

I urge everybody to try Deathchase even now. Totally awesome game when first released, still a challenge... go Speccie
  • Goug - February 23, 2011 11:59 a.m.

I remember playing Road Rash, there's no way it was that ugly! In my memories, it was looking way better than that. I wouldn't mind a new Carmageddon, the driving and damages were really good, in the 2nd one. TDR 2000 was not bad, rather nice looking with nice handling, but more depressing than funny to play.
  • NeelEvil - February 23, 2011 11:12 a.m.

@Landshark- I usually do, especially if it's a one sentence statement with barely anything to do with the article just so they can claim first. No love for Postman Prat on the Spectrum? Those were the days, running over cats & old ladies. Never seemed to actually deliver any post though.
  • b1on1cman - February 23, 2011 11 a.m.

Carmageddon was first released in 1997 and not in 1993, as computers weren't strong enough to run this game in 1993. It also had 3Dfx support which came out around 1996 if i'm not mistaken. As for the other platforms, such as Playstation and N64, it was released even later in the decade (1999 and 2000).
  • Landshark - February 23, 2011 10:41 a.m.

^Can we report when people claim to be first but aren't?
  • Landshark - February 23, 2011 10:39 a.m.

I think a possible cool premise for a car racing game would be a co-op versus game in which each car hold 2-4 people, each doing a certain task. Someone is the driver, another does repairs through nifty little retro 8-bit games, someone is co-pilot controlling what radio station/CD is on which give different stat boosts depending on the station/cd and firing a light weapon, and then the main gunner just letting their enemies eat lead. They then either try to kill other teams, capture the flag, kill the most zombies, or whatever. Yeah, it might suck due to lack of cooperation or it's just a bad idea. But this seemed like as good a place as any to talk about it.
  • requiemforaseam - February 23, 2011 10:38 a.m.

Burnout 3...ahhhhh the nostalgia. Also, FIRST!!!
  • JBizFoShiz - February 23, 2011 10:37 a.m.

Thank you for including MSR on your list. Few people know of its existence (it was a Dreamcast game, after all), but I wasted countless hours perfecting slides and getting as much kudos as I could. If I remember right, my favorite car was the Toyota Celica - its small-size and nice horsepower led to some exciting races with LOTS of kudos-earning slides. However, no love for Demolition Racer? Sure, I know Carmageddon, Death Race and the like did it better (arguably), but this was the first game in my personal gaming history that allowed me to KILL a driver by landing my car on top of his car. This kill was named "Death from Above", and was the hardest kill to get in any race. The purpose of the game was not to only cross the finish line, but also kill everybody else so you were the only one to cross PERIOD. I personally miss causing a car to spin out and hitting it perfectly perpendicular, causing the driver to die and earning me the "T-Boned" kill. I can't be the only one who remembers this game! I'm not even a driving game fan. reCaptcha: Hunewse Journal "Who news journal?"