• Isnogud - May 30, 2012 5:58 a.m.

It really doesn't look impressive. I don't get what this article is trying to say. A video of Wind Waker on the Dolphin emulator with the HD scaled graphics would have been impressive, but this video looks like a tech demo of a 2004 game.
  • db1331 - May 30, 2012 7 a.m.

I've been trying to get all my Wii and GC games ripped onto my PC to run in Dolphin. Non of my drives can read the discs though :-(
  • Hydrohs - May 30, 2012 7:07 a.m.

There's a couple threads around the net that list the few DVD drives can read the discs. You could then try finding one on Ebay or the like.
  • db1331 - May 30, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Yea I know which drives I need, it's just that it's not worth the $50-$75 it would take to buy one. I just remembered I have a couple old drives in my old gaming rig (now my wife's desktop) that I could try it on. I really just want to play Okami in HD.
  • ChaosEternal - May 30, 2012 7:28 a.m.

You could almost certainly download the games somewhere, it would be legal so long as you own the game. The downloads would take a while though. :P
  • tyler_14_420 - May 30, 2012 8:08 a.m.

The downloads the GC roms aren't that bad because the mini-discs didn't hold too much data. Not even comparable to the download size of the avg game on Steam. Legally, you are allowed back-ups so feel free to search Google for GC Roms for Dolphin, you could hold up in court under legal back-up protection as long as you still have your copy of the game.
  • ChaosEternal - May 30, 2012 9:49 a.m.

Yeah, the GC files would only be a few hundred Mb or a Gb, but the Wii files could be larger. I looked at SM Galaxy for an example and it was 4.3 Gb.
  • db1331 - May 30, 2012 12:19 p.m.

Why didn't I think of that? Thanks guys.
  • Cloudiology - May 30, 2012 5:08 a.m.

GR editor Dave Houghton has his own comment removed!?!? odd! and also quite curious as to what it said!
  • radiodeaf - May 30, 2012 4:57 a.m.

this wasn't impressive... to be honest I would have expected 3D such as this 5 years ago...maybe more. Especially when we are talking about obvious repeating textures on the rock, and such a small area. This looks like the WiiU is just going to get stomped.
  • ChaosEternal - May 30, 2012 7:27 a.m.

But that isn't the WiiU. Granted, the WiiU won't end up looking as good as the other consoles, probably nowhere near as good, but it would still probably look better than this, as they'd be using new content. Unless I'm misinformed and that was all custom made, then disregard my statement. ^.^