Topics

Old-school

• TURbo - June 24, 2010 8:36 p.m.

Midnight Club 2. The single player races are brutal. I still remembered where to and not to turn.
  • Darkwun - June 24, 2010 8:28 p.m.

goldeneye. without a doubt.
  • thesuperspacejew - June 24, 2010 8:22 p.m.

I know this sounds pathetic, but probably Zoids: Battle Legends. No matter how far the gap between play times, I can always pick up the controller and breeze through just about any fight I play. For runner-up, I choose Battlefront 2 on the PC.
  • Decency - June 24, 2010 8:21 p.m.

The original Castlevania for the nes. Took me forever to beat it when I was a kid. Then I got a snes and handed my nes over to my sister. Years later when I went over for a visit, I fired it up thinking I'd just play the first few levels, but next thing I know I was fighting Dracula's second form with ease.
  • End - June 24, 2010 7:13 p.m.

Golden Sun I can beat every thing in that game not even paying attention
  • ClusterShart - June 24, 2010 6:56 p.m.

Super Metroid. Maridia is a bit sketchy for me, but i still manage to beat it in less than 3 hours every time.
  • thekeith82 - June 24, 2010 6:47 p.m.

Mega Man 2. First played it when I was about ten, then not again until I downloaded it on virtual console last year. Finished it in just over an hour. Every jump was hardwired into my fingers, even after all those years...
  • db1331 - June 24, 2010 6:46 p.m.

When I downloaded DKC on Virtual Console, I was surprised at how many secret things I still remembered, like hidden barrels and ground pound spots, despite not having played the game in 10 years or so.
  • Kenzo - June 24, 2010 6:41 p.m.

star fox 64, I can run through the hard path getting medals on evry level, (except aquas, but that level is for losers anyway) without breaking a sweat.
  • SonicX_89 - June 24, 2010 6:30 p.m.

Its been a while, But I feel like I could go through the old Tony Hawk games with no problem.
  • meg127 - June 24, 2010 6:05 p.m.

Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 were like that for me. I hadn't touched them in ten years. Then one day I decided to download them from the PSN and all the memories came flooding back. Nothing was new. It was like I never stopped playing them.
  • batmanboy11 - June 24, 2010 6:05 p.m.

GoldenEye for the N64. I still play that game every now and then.
  • SirDinkleman - June 24, 2010 5:59 p.m.

I was taking a nice stroll in the night after playing "Theif" for 5 hours and then felt utterly confused when I was looking for my stealth bar. (Completely serious)
  • Fiirestorm21 - June 24, 2010 5:55 p.m.

Also Zelda Ocarina of Time for me, as well as Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • kneehighsocks - June 24, 2010 5:51 p.m.

Super Mario 64, and Diddy Kong Racing. I still catch myself humming music from Diddy Kong to this day.
  • Lemurian - June 24, 2010 5:46 p.m.

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 i know ive spent around 70 hours on adventure 2 and god knows on the first one
  • StrayGator - June 24, 2010 5:40 p.m.

Recently I played Doom II. Just zipping along, not putting too much effort. On most levels, however I killed more than 90% of the monsters and found more than 50% of the secrets. Like they were part of the basic level structure for me.
  • ExtraCheese - June 24, 2010 5:40 p.m.

I can play trogh Portal in about half an hour without dying or failing a puzzle for older games it has to be spyro the dragon coz i spent just about all my life from about age 4 to age 7 playing it and i know every level like the back of my hand
  • Noshortsforhobos - June 24, 2010 5:36 p.m.

Super Mario World, Super Mario World 3, Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • NotBraze - June 24, 2010 5:32 p.m.

Riven: The Sequel to Myst. It's a game that has driven many people crazy by it's cryptic nature and extreme difficulty, but last year I played it for the first time in years and I breezed through it. Every puzzle that I fought with on my first play through came back to me in an instant. It was cool but at the same time a little bit disappointing, because I would really like to experience the challenge of trying to figure everything out for the first time again.