We Recommend

• db1331 - February 10, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Zack & Wiki on the Wii. I heard about how great it was for years, and I love point and click adventure games, and all things piratical. I finally found someone I could borrow it from. I got to about the third or fourth stage and just got tired of playing it. Also, Spirit Tracks. As a lifelong Zelda fan I had no choice but to buy it, even with my initial WTF reaction to the news that there would be trains. About 3/4's of the way through the game I realized I wasn't even having fun playing it, and I was playing it just to finish it. I sat there in shock for a few minutes after I beat it, struggling to come to terms with the fact that I hated a Zelda game.
  • xenon - February 10, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Bioshock, like Tomsta666. Mostly because of the RPG elements, then the plasmids thing and the shooting.
  • babyhenchy1 - February 10, 2011 3:25 p.m.

No More Heroes and Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. It's even stranger because I love Fallout 3.
  • coleswanson - February 10, 2011 3:24 p.m.

I have not enjoyed a single Mario game after Super Mario 64.
  • CancerMan - February 10, 2011 3:23 p.m.

Little Big Planet. It never felt like I was playing a level but rather I was being shown the level. Like any proper gamer, I love platformers but LBP doesn't float my boat.
  • PessimisticCunt - February 10, 2011 3:22 p.m.

Far Cry 2?i thought it was like,COOL...but incredibly kinda...yaknow...shitty,and i dont know why :/
  • LittleSamson - February 10, 2011 3:22 p.m.

Bioshock, on paper it looks amazing but when I play it I'm just utterly miserable.
  • ThatSkinnyGuy - February 10, 2011 3:21 p.m.

This is blatantly going to turn into a 'Prove You Have No Taste' thread.
  • bitcrusherrrr - February 10, 2011 3:20 p.m.

Im having the same problem with mass effect 2, Im not enjoying it as much the first game and i dont feel the need to progress is a great. I think the main problem there is as its much more of a shooter im judging it differently and things like getting into cover and leaping over objects etc just dont feel as smooth as they should, also I dont feel as attached to sheppard anymore if though i imported her from the first game.
  • JasonStatham - February 10, 2011 3:18 p.m.

Bioshock 2. Really enjoyed the first one but the second was the definition of meh for me.
  • KidKatana - February 10, 2011 3:16 p.m.

It's weird, I know what you mean, but even if I'm not initially enjoying a game I usually complete it (possibly after playing something else first) as I feel I'm making an uninformed judgement otherwise, and a good ending can really tie together a disparate game. I had love/hate relationships with both Bayonetta and Killzone 2 due to aspects of their design being - in my opinion - unforgivably obtuse/arbitrary, but in the end came away from both of them with fond memories. Admittedly, Bayonetta helped itself a lot by having a final act that let me kick god into the sun. Even Red Dead, which is possibly my favourite game this generation, didn't have me at hello - the first couple of hours didn't half plod along. Just stick with it! Or, failing that, go and complete another game then come back to it - it might just be that you're not in the mood for that style of game.
  • Crypto140 - February 10, 2011 3:15 p.m.

I can't answer that, im not hardcore enough to dive into the game and be "in" the game. I loved Bioshock 2. Thats it. I am now gettting my spam sheild.
  • tomthespesh - February 10, 2011 3:15 p.m.

This may earn me some hate around here, but I feel similar with Red Dead Redemption. I can see it's a brilliant game with a great story, characters and what have you and I've tried to love it and keep trying it but I just don't.
  • WillisTron - February 10, 2011 3:13 p.m.

Funny, I thought the first Dead Space to be the perfect example of this. Everyone loved it, the gameplay was solid, visuals were great, everything was top notch, but for SOME reason, I just didn't get into it. Played maybe an hour, and had NO want to come back to it. Examples of game I simply COULDN'T put down are: Megaman Legends (PS1) GTA IV (Xbox 360) FFVII (PS1) Super Mario RPG (SNES) And of course so much more
  • myguyfromthe80s - February 10, 2011 3:13 p.m.

I apologise in advance to the whole of GR Dead Rising 2 on PS3 - I bought it on release day saying how can you go wrong killing zombies? It just.... Well... ... sorry.
  • Vaon007 - February 10, 2011 3:12 p.m.

Felt the same about both Deadspace 1 and Both Bioshocks. I understand they are great games, but the few times i tried to dive into their worlds I couldn't and gave up.
  • Tomsta666 - February 10, 2011 3:07 p.m.

Bioshock. The setting and foreboding atmosphere was top notch. And most definately set it apart from any other shooter. But that was the thing, for a shooter, the shooting mechanic was whack. I really didn't care much for the RPG elements either, wasn't bothered about updating my plasmids, or playing fucking pipedream whenever I needed to reload.