• JakePPetersen - November 7, 2013 7:37 p.m.

I'm a bit of a Sly Cooper fanboy. In fact, one of the reasons I bought a PS3 over a 360 all the way back in 2009 was that any future Sly Cooper games would be coming out on it. I had a bit of a wait, but my patience was finally rewarded with the kickass Thieves in Time back in February. Totally worth missing out on Halo and Gears for it.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - November 7, 2013 9 p.m.

AGREED (recently anointed Sly fanboy here).
  • LordZarlon - November 7, 2013 7:14 p.m.

I was an NES fanboy. Then a Genesis fanboy. I was definitely an N64 fanboy. Of course I am a StarCraft fanboy. In my old age though, when it comes to platforms, I love them all. As for games, HALO RULES!!!!
  • sergentfire66 - November 7, 2013 7:01 p.m.

two big things ive been a fan boy for are microsoft anything really (mainly xbox products) and bioware. but im not blindly a fan boy im not completely ignorant. i know why im a hardcore fan/ fan boy its not just oh this was my first thing and i liked it so thats it. i know the facts for whatever the cause. so if the cause is telling people why they shouldnt hate on xbox one and maybe convince some of my friends not to go to ps4 i know facts, not engineering facts, but i know the truth you know? things that are good i name, i concede to things that sound bad but i ask that person why that part of the one is so bad and i make people really think about what their talking about. it honestly shuts alot of people up when they try to hate on anything i like, and i admit ive had my mouth shut in this same manor but i learn from my mistakes and i dont hate for no reason. i love the xbox one and ill probably never buy another playstation as long as there are xbox's because i like what xbox has to offer. thats my fan boy and thats less ignorant than most can say :P
  • Darklurkr23 - November 7, 2013 6:54 p.m.

I never remember myself being a "fanboy" when i was little little, i did like playing SNES more then Genesis though, maybe it was just what we had in tehhouse. And i never bought Xbox because i didn't have money my granpda only got us PS2. Defintely became ANTI Nintendo after Wii though, what a joke. Still is a Joke. Right now i'm crusin w/ 360 and PS3, and I can't stand PC master race people. 3000 to have a gaming quality pc to play the newest games? no thank you.
  • master11739 - November 7, 2013 8:14 p.m.

You can get a gaming PC for the price of the new consoles that will still have better graphics and gameplay
  • brickman409 - November 7, 2013 8:28 p.m.

Yeah, I just built a gaming PC for about $525. It runs most new games at high settings in 1080p 30 and even 60 fps on some games. But I still play alot of console games too. Mainly for split screen and console exclusives.
  • rilely - November 7, 2013 6:25 p.m.

I've always been a Nintendo fanboy since the N64 age. Before that I was more of a Sega Genesis fanboy. It's hard not to be a fan of one or the other when you can only afford one console.
  • RonF - November 7, 2013 6:23 p.m.

I was never the typical fanboy as I am very critical of the things I really like. However, if I was ever a fanboy of anything, it would be of Apple or Nintendo.
  • winner2 - November 7, 2013 6:06 p.m.

AC I think, I was ridiculously excited for it starting when i first saw footage of 1 a few months before release. That was the first time I was ever that excited for a game, and I can't not play every game in the series. Even if 3 was underwhelming and revelations was me knowing it was going to be underwhelming and playing it anyway. I am losing my mind waiting for the 19th so my preorder of black flag will start downloading on steam. I bought all the sea shanties off itunes and am trying not to listen to them too much so it's extra magical when i'm listening to them sailing. And the first generation digimon will always be cooler than pokemon. Not the story or whatever, but the monsters.
  • majorsuave - November 7, 2013 6:01 p.m.

Of course. I hate Apple. Which makes me a Google, Microsoft, Sony, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Linux, Windows, Steam, Android, LG, WD, Netgear..... fanboy
  • J-Fid - November 7, 2013 7:15 p.m.

I don't think you're a fanboy, but an Apple Hater. It's the opposite of Fanboy.
  • GenderBender_9000 - November 7, 2013 5:48 p.m.

The Dreamcast was, is, and will always be the greatest gaming console ever made.
  • ZhaneEndrick - November 7, 2013 5:32 p.m.

Oh yeah, I absolutely used to be a fanboy. I was a Sega Genesis fanboy. Sonic, ToeJam & Earl, the Strike games, Herzog Zwei....to me there was no need to get a Super Nintendo. That was a system for little kids. Except, the more I played it at my friend's house, the more I wanted one. Eventually, I swallowed my pride, asked for a SNES, and gave up being a fanboy to become a real gamer instead. But, because of that, I always say don't be too hard on fanboys, they might grow up to be gamers some day.
  • StrayGator - November 7, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Very few of my childhood friends had consoles, and most of those were famiclones. I also had very limited exposure to game media or culture, so I wanted a Mega Drive. I mean, it's called fucking MEGA DRIVE so you know it's something awesome, while "Super Nintendo" is merely like the previous system only with more bitses. Sega is cool and edgy and have Sonic and Mortal Kombat. Nintendo's Mario and Street Fighter are cartoony and for babies. The Mega Drive is black. I rest my case.
  • StrayGator - November 7, 2013 5:39 p.m.

Older, smarter and more cynical, I derided Sony for boasting "1,000,000 pixels per second". Who measures pixels per second?! That's bullshit and your console sucks. The Saturn also has the power of CD-ROM and isn't made by the newbies at Sony but by the professionals at Sega. and it's black.
  • StrayGator - November 7, 2013 5:49 p.m.

The opinions above are exaggerated because I hate child me. In fact, I only owned 2 consoles, a famiclone (with a 150-in-1 games cartridge) and a PS3, both being secondary to PC in my case.
  • SonicHunter - November 7, 2013 5:25 p.m.

I used to be a fanboy of Sonic. I still love the games, don't get me wrong, but I would deny anything wrong with him to the exclusion of reason. This was because I was little and didn't know other franchises existed besides the Blue Blur. Now, although I love the likes of Assasin's Creed, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and loads of other games, Sonic will always hold a special place in my heart. He's what got me into gaming, and also led me to get my dad and littler brother into gaming more so. He may have some crap games at times (Sonic 06, I'm looking right at you), but for the most part, he has fun games and I'm proud to be a Sonic fan. Maybe not fanboy anymore, but a fan certainly.
  • GR_SophiaTong - November 7, 2013 5:21 p.m.

Definitely fangirled out with the Final Fantasy series until FFXI... almost lost it when I met Uematsu for the first time. I am usually not starstruck, but he's such an influence of mine that I got all nervous.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - November 7, 2013 5:19 p.m.

I was (and still am) madly in love with Final Fantasy VII.
  • GOD - November 7, 2013 5:19 p.m.

I'm Kingdom Hearts fanboy. Say anything negative about it and your a dirty liar that needs to shut up and go take a shower. By that I mean the numbered main games. I'm not a fanboy of the spin offs. I feel like for a time in highschool I had to play the role of Sony fanboy, but only to my friends who all had Xbox 360s and generally knew nothing about the PS3. I'm not saying they had opinions about the console that I just didn't agree with, I'm saying they had opinions that didn't even make sense because they didn't even know that the PS3 had built in wireless, could pair with any bluetooth headset, and didn't really know anything about any of the PS3 exclusives for examples.