• jackthemenace - September 6, 2011 10:21 a.m.

I don't think I've really been the spectator of many of the non-harmful glitches, but I've never really been affected by them much anyway. Except for, of course, the godawful ED-E glitch in New Vegas. Which they then patched right after I payed 800msp for the godawful (and buggy) Dead money to patch.
  • Money - September 6, 2011 10:10 a.m.

Title Updates are good
  • DannyMB - September 6, 2011 10:06 a.m.

Dave, you've obviously been reading my mind, i was literally thinking the other day how game devs have gotten sloppy with bug testing since we can patch them so easily. Back in the day when you committed your code to something like an N64 cartridge, you'd better hope it was bug free or you were f**ked.
  • MidianGTX - September 6, 2011 10 a.m.

So how 'bout you stop being so generous in reviews and start knocking scores down on games with glitches? Review it "as is" rather than "as it might be" and make note that there's a possibility it'll get better. I think quite a few websites do anyway, Fallout Las Vegas was noted for it's glitches almost across the board.
  • robertpopovic - September 6, 2011 10:32 a.m.

Seeing as the grade reviewers give still is an important factor for buyers it would be quite an important penalty for the developer/publisher(since they often want to rush it out) to subtract like a full 1/10 or even 2/10 points depending on the severety and amount of bugs. As long as people buy bugged games before they're patched there's no rush for developers to fix it before the release. However, give the game a lower grade and people will rather wait to buy the (patched) game from the bargain bin, thus costing publishers more money than the extra development time would. Sure, marketing departments always want to rip reviewers a new one for anything lower than a 9, but that's simply countered with "Oh, you don't like the 7? Well, I didn't like the amount of bugs and I had to deal with it anyway".
  • BackwaterRifle - September 6, 2011 6:48 p.m.

*face palm* It's New -Blam!- Vegas, but now that's out at least you didn't say Fallout 3: New Vegas, as my head would have promptly exploded
  • XanderGC - September 6, 2011 9:59 a.m.

I love game glitches when they are silly or out there like Oblivion, GTA IV etc. Game physics that can be messed with on a hilarity level are fine by me. (I heart walking into people in GTA until they die or walk into them while they are walking up stairs :D) Game glitches that break the game or hinder my progress are not cool at all. I hate that we now have come to accept "it'll be patched" lately as an acceptable solution. If the game isn't ready to be shipped it should be delayed. Not "Duke Nukem Forever" delayed, but reasonably delayed.
  • MeabhieD - September 6, 2011 9:54 a.m.

I love Oblivion glitches... They're just thee best <3
  • JMarsella09 - September 6, 2011 9:44 a.m.

I remember a game breaking glitch Form Sly 2 that really annoyed me. If during the 2nd boss fight with Jean Bison you saved and quit the game would be ruined. When ever you reloaded the save it would place you back in the over world instead of the boss fight and there would be no mission icons. This irritated me because it was so late in the game and I would have to completely restart. It's something you could avoid but it still happened to me twice before I realized what was happening.