• Shadow Of Death - January 28, 2013 12:39 p.m.

Didn't know most of these, but I had done the "Mega Man X: Hadouken!" one multiple times. It's a lot easier than the rough guide in this article suggests actually. Once you've gotten all those upgrades, you just have to repeat the section past the checkpoint you're respawned at. Not too hard, you just have to kill the enemies before they can hit you I've used that special blast (I can't remember what it's actually called), to insta-kill bosses and the like..HOWEVER, you need full health (energy) to execute the attack. Anything less than that and it won't work. Another slightly odd bit to the game. If I remember correctly, if you got the save code after getting the super blaster attack, if you entered it you'd end up at the start of the level where you'd get said superblaster, but you'd already have it. Something like that, anyway. Just FYI, but I REALLY liked Megaman X back in the day, though I never got the sequels (I played X-2 and really liked it, but never got it myself).
  • Shadow Of Death - January 28, 2013 12:41 p.m.

Just to clarify, but the 'superblaster' to which I'm referring is just the normal maxed out version of the arm cannon, not this special one hit kill blaster.
  • tehtimeisnow - January 28, 2013 12:24 p.m.

waht about angrey birds secrats if u get 3 star on all the levels?
  • Redeater - January 28, 2013 12:17 p.m.

Strange, I always figured Magus was available no matter what. I have only played the game twice but I got him both times.
  • Redeater - January 28, 2013 12:18 p.m.

I would have liked to have seen the Castlevania 3 lightning dagger included. I played that game as a kid and somehow it slipped past me to where I just learned about it in an article on 1up a couple weeks back.
  • Pruman - January 28, 2013 11:58 a.m.

I thought you could get Shadow back even if you didn't wait for him by betting the Striker in the Colosseum...
  • CronoTalon - January 29, 2013 10:06 a.m.

No, it only happens if you waited for him. Otherwise, he is very much dead.
  • ohms - January 29, 2013 4:49 p.m.

No, you can't. You need to wait for him and then bet his striker in the Colosseum in order to get him back.
  • dcobs123 - January 28, 2013 11:41 a.m.

Not sure if this constitutes as a secret but if they're going to include the Batman teaser then they should probably mention the Portal 2 viral marketing secret. If you're not aware of it Valve basically altered Portal 1 in a update that in addition to including a new ending also included new sound files. If I'm remembering correctly, if you decrypted the files then you would end up with phone numbers that you could call and would somehow give you ascii pictures about Portal 2. So yeah, secrets are great.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 28, 2013 11:39 a.m.

Name to me one other medium that can leave secrets like is. It's stuff like is that make me love video games and everything about them. Awesome article, Justin!
  • samestall - January 28, 2013 11:15 a.m.

By revealing these secrets, they have just become gaming's most non-secret most secret secrets. And because i've let that secret out, they're now the most non-secret non-secret secret secrets in gaming.
  • samestall - January 28, 2013 11:15 a.m.

• jackthemenace - January 28, 2013 10:17 a.m.

I think the only ones I knew about were the Arkham Asylum and braid ones, and te only one I've managed to do was the Braid Stars, with a guide. Then again, those are the only two games on the list I've ever actually played, so it doesn't seem so bad any more.
  • BladedFalcon - January 28, 2013 10:14 a.m.

There was a parachute in SotC??? O__________________________o Cool secrets, although at first I went "wait, Shadow and Magus aren't THAT secret" but on hindsight, if you didn't have a guide or knew whatsoever beforehand, it's likely you normally wouldn't find about those either, I guess.
  • Sjoeki - January 28, 2013 9:46 a.m.

Doesn't Arkham City still hold secrets? I would have never found the wall in the asylum if it hadn't been pointed out to me and I would really like to know what those secrets are that they mentioned from City, one of them is even supposed to be in the demo, but that's pretty much all I know.
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 28, 2013 9:45 a.m.

Cool stuff. I didn't know about a lot of these.
  • Vordhosbn - January 28, 2013 9:10 a.m.

I can't believe I didn't know about the Sonic one, you truly learn something everyday.