• Gorillaman23 - September 29, 2010 12:13 a.m.

No Shin Shoryuken from Tatsunoko vs Capcom? I am disappoint.
  • Killshot - September 29, 2010 12:16 a.m.

They say if you twist your arm right before you hit somebody with an uppercut it adds fire element, its true that how ken does it.
  • CH3BURASHKA - September 29, 2010 12:34 a.m.

All I took away from this article is "They should make a new Killer Instinct." Great article btw. I like this poor-man's-Top-7; you should get a radical "Gaming's Most" logo on each article.
  • johnthe5th - September 29, 2010 12:40 a.m.

This probably doesn't count, but theres nothing like the satisfaction of making a flying Pokemon faint by using Sky Uppercut.
  • batmanboy11 - September 29, 2010 1:30 a.m.

Good list.
  • Xenos - September 29, 2010 3:55 a.m.

Ahh how could you forget the game that is named after one of the main characters moves? "BARE KNUCKLE"!
  • Ninjadmin - September 29, 2010 8:05 a.m.

M-Bisons duck face FTW!!!
  • d3v - September 29, 2010 10:01 a.m.

Funny that Cody's uppercut is the one uppercut that you do not want to see because it means that you screwed up his infinite. Also, Balrog is bad ass, he's always one of the best characters in any Street Fighter game he appears in.
  • FauxFurry - September 29, 2010 11:52 a.m.

No Grand Upper in an article on Gaming's Greatest Upper Cuts? That's one thing that Streets of Rage did beyond a shadow of a doubt better than Final Fight! Is Mr. X behind this omission?! That's the only logical explanation!
  • deathrebellion - September 29, 2010 12:35 p.m.

BLOODY ROAR Yugo The Wolf has THE best uppercut watch this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAiTfMaE3qY
  • gmknoble - September 29, 2010 2:26 p.m.

Lovely article Mr. Reparaz
  • philipshaw - September 29, 2010 2:53 p.m.

Classic Mikel article,I think you hit everything I could think of when reading the headline. I think like most I associate the uppercut with SF and MK
  • SonicX_89 - September 29, 2010 4 p.m.

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!
  • AlaskaGrown - September 29, 2010 5:49 p.m.

Bravo Miguel....bravo! I have to admit, the first thing popped into my mind when I read the headline was Mortal Kombat. Never been a huge fan of the games, but uppercuts are so fucking visceral. I think it's the combination of the screen shake and the sound. BLAM!
  • Boxer47 - September 29, 2010 7:04 p.m.

Great feature those were some awesome uppercut ko it funny i got a boxing match two day in Chicago lets see if i can get an uppercut ko if i do it would be epic lol
  • blam57 - September 29, 2010 9:34 p.m.

its all about the mk uppercuts, cept for the remake versions...they dont look that effective
  • Clovin64 - September 29, 2010 11:43 p.m.

Killer Instinct references make me happy. I remember that game came with a free watch when got it. Yay!
  • sniperscope - September 30, 2010 12:07 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH4DXCBpX1E That's just plain cool! I love this article.
  • FauxFurry - September 30, 2010 1:39 a.m.

You also overlooked Fatal Fury's Joe Higashi's Screw Upper. It should have been right beside Kazuya's Lightning Screw Upper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaZXXgo2Bnc&feature=related Of course, neither compare to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift's Makato Astral Finish that has her upper cut her opponent straight through the moon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFDFMCoHHAc
  • Dondada - September 30, 2010 1:42 a.m.

Great article, nice homage in the end to SF and all its clones. I see you Rock'em sock'em robots...I mean Tekken.