• EngieIndeed - March 26, 2010 8:59 p.m.

My ps2 lasted for a while (thank god both my parents are electrical engineers), but it died not three years ago (have had it since its launch). A wiimote did sink itself in my tv(my dad was playing wii bowling...). The screen was cracked in a corner, but otherwise the tv was still functional. I remember it mostly because the manufacturer arsed around for a year before they finally sent a new screen.
  • Skullster - March 26, 2010 5:42 p.m.

idk if this is counted as a tech failure, but i think da most annoying thing abt consoles is da difference between PAL and NTSC . buy da wrong version for ur console, nd ur SO SCREWED .
  • Silverstone - March 26, 2010 3:34 p.m.

PS2's marketing scheme of doom by having old PS2's not able to play Dual-layered disks so you have to get your fatass out there and buy a slim.. Friggin' hated that.
  • rxb - March 26, 2010 3:24 p.m.

I had to play my ps1 upside down too, before it totally died and got sent for repair. Also went through 2 dreamcasts, I used to put them in the fridge to get more life outta them. The second time I got the RROD I fixed it, my box is running nice at the minute. I actually reckon all xboxs would RROD given long enough.
  • Rhymenocerous - March 26, 2010 2:35 p.m.

I had FOUR PlayStation 2's. "Disc Read Error." Four...
  • philipshaw - March 26, 2010 1:39 p.m.

I had my PS2 break a couple of times due to disc reading error; strangely it would still play PES games for a while
  • pin316 - March 26, 2010 12:48 p.m.

I saw someone referenced the YLOD as not being mentioned, but personally - the biggest one not mentioned on here in recent memory was the whole 'PS2 no longer reads discs' thing... Remember - the first models of the PS2 had a fundamental design flaw in that the gears which oeprated the disc-drive were made from plastic...if you left it on for more than a couple of hours at a time the insides got really hot and the gears warped slightly, putting the laser out of alignment with the disc...bye bye ps2! they fixed it with the ps2 slim and it's metal gears, and may have even had a revamped ps2 normal with the metal gears inside, but pretty much everyone i know with a ps2 experienced this at some point
  • Howetzer - March 26, 2010 12:13 p.m.

OK jumbomicrobe and Zigs. In one breath you are complaining about your broken POS Xbox360 (and rightfully so, its a shame what microsoft has done to its consumers with that failure rate), and then on the next breath you're telling us how you spent even more money or even spent the money they sent to you to repair thier faulty hardware on...More microsoft stuff....are you serious? You call them bastards and are angry I would assume for loss of the time playing and the money invested, yet you STILL BUY THEIR STUFF!? Who's to blame you ask, is it the company? Nope. It's The people who KEEP BUYING THEIR STUFF!!! People like you are the ones who enable this company to do what it does, you should be more upset with yourselves, you should be calling yourselves bastards. Bah! I give up on trying to make you people see the light here, have fun spending all your hard earned money on garbage. I on the other hand will keep spending mine on PS3 games, oh and lets not forget Blueray discs (because the PS3 can actually play HD movies). Oh and btw for the record Ive had the original launch PS3 60gig unit since the second day of launch and Ive only been forced to miss 1 day of gaming because of any type of problem on Sonys part. (The admittedly retarded leap-year bug) But Still one day. And I'll even go further saying this, if my PS3 were to break down tomarrow I would be a little upset sure, but you know what after what 3 years now has it been? I would forgive any electronic equipment to fail because thats what happens to electronics, espeacially ones that get used alot, but shall we remember that one of the MAJOR problems that forced Microsofts hand to re-tool thier return policy here was peoples equipment were failing before the manufacturers warranty even expired, or at best within a year of purcahse. Wake up people!
  • tHEmISFIT - March 26, 2010 11:52 a.m.

red ring, I fixed that problem myself. It involved a screwdriver, a hammer, and a two story drop out a window.
  • wrapdump - March 26, 2010 11:26 a.m.

Brett that photo is fooking highlarious
  • jumbomicrobe - March 26, 2010 9:47 a.m.

Great article about really shit technology. Yesterday i bought my 2nd 360 because of that RROD, another 150$ for you MS!! hope you shove it up were the sun doesnt shine, bastards....:(
  • AElli - March 26, 2010 9:10 a.m.

The money, it's all about the money.
  • jmcgrotty - March 26, 2010 7:06 a.m.

Wow. I actually feel lucky. I literally have never had a single one of these things happen (of the systems/games I have played/used. No PC games or DS for me). In fact, I've always been under the impression that the problems are never that big a deal but that consumers are just whiny bitches.
  • QWERTYCommander - March 26, 2010 5:46 a.m.

What about the update that bricked your Wii?
  • Patius - March 26, 2010 5:23 a.m.

I'm surprised you guys didn't mention the Wii's buggy bootfile from update 4.2. It's to "update the Wii shopping channel" (It was to kill homebrew), and when people complained about it on Nintendo's forums, they banned those users and erased their posts.
  • Stretches - March 26, 2010 4:21 a.m.

I had a 360 for 1 year then it broke, so i went ps3 and had that for 4 months it broke.. then went back to 360 and hasnt died at all. so.. ive had it for 3 years now and its still going strong
  • Hobojedi - March 26, 2010 4:18 a.m.

My DS Lite's hinge is close to ending up like the one in that vid D; Time to move on, I suppose..
  • DaBadGuy - March 26, 2010 3:58 a.m.

Good Job Brett, you had me at Shit Breaks. I imagined it's like a Frontline special, it fades in and zooms in on you, you are sitting on a stool with your hands folded, and you open with Shit Breaks. In my head, it's hilarious, in text, not so.
  • gefleckt - March 26, 2010 3:41 a.m.

wiimote+tv=wiitard
  • DarkTone - March 26, 2010 3:17 a.m.

Another great article! 2 words: Truth hurts!