• MrJechgo - November 26, 2012 4:15 a.m.

Dark Dawn was less stellar than the other two, but it was fun. However, I do agree that the lower difficulty and the 3 points of no-return were strikes against it. I just hope that Nintendo and Camelot continue the series on 3DS, because the game ended on a cliffhanger.
  • ZenRobot - November 26, 2012 1:08 a.m.

I'll never forget Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, that game fucking bricked my Xbox. My roommate was responsible. and then, get this, he went down stairs to play it on my neighbors xbox and it RR'd THAT XBOX TOO. lot of damage for a first party title i'd say. suspect.
  • AuthorityFigure - November 26, 2012 12:11 a.m.

Final Fight: Streetwise. Now THAT game deserves to be forgotten (I'm aware that I am mentioning it right now).
  • BladedFalcon - November 25, 2012 11:57 p.m.

It saddens me deeply to see Kid Icarus: Uprising in this list. So far, to me it's by and large the best 3DS game to have graced the console so far. (yes, even despite the stupid control layout.) And to see that it has failed commercially is pretty damn discouraging. Also, maybe it's because i didn't play previous Panzer Dragoon games, but I would never think Orta was a step back of anything, the game was pretty effing great and amazing looking at the time. Also a big shame that it didn't sell well ):
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:37 p.m.

ooh what about bushido blade!
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:29 p.m.

well, i would have to say that nuts & bolts is the only BK game i've actually enjoyed, as it allowed you to be incredibly creative (giant flying cube ship that spit out a small pod that could transform into a buggy AND a boat). also, as blasphemous as it may be, i enjoyed chrono cross more than chrono trigger(!). this is coming from someone who even has a cat named lucca. i beat it back to back to use the different characters (i missed glenn the first time), there were so many good ones to choose from.
  • zelta38 - November 26, 2012 12:41 a.m.

Chrono Cross is also on my RPG classics list, not as high as CT but definitely not a forgettable RPG by any measure! But if this article is about forgotten by the market games maybe these days it qualifies since Square does not know how to give the Chrono series the respect it deserves.
  • archnite - November 25, 2012 9:41 p.m.

NiGHTS will always be remember in my heart for Kid Fucker's Hoagie. "...Dream Delight..."
  • GameManiac - November 25, 2012 9:11 p.m.

I'm not sure whether I should be surprised to see Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Okamiden on this list or not. I do know that I can think of a few other games that would work well on this list. 1. Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (sequel to Nintendo/Cing's Hotel Dusk: Room 215). 2. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (Spiritual successor to the PS1's Tail Concierto). I've definitely played those two and already knew that they were going to be games that would pass people's radars.
  • archnite - November 25, 2012 9:46 p.m.

It's easy to forget the sequel when that first games are already obscure as hell. I'd say most people are happy to forget about Other M as my recent example.
  • dragoon713 - November 25, 2012 8:38 p.m.

I believe Monster Hunter 3 should be in here, I played that game 6 months straight every day.
  • hagaishi-kun - November 25, 2012 8:14 p.m.

I have to say that its sad that Toe jam n Earl 3 was on the list. That was a great game! Yeah the game was getto but there wasnt anything in the game that you dont see in real life! Loved that game and i wish they come out with a HD ver of it, day one buy for me!
  • LordZarlon - November 25, 2012 8:11 p.m.

On the subject of Chrono Cross I think it's not being remembered as much as the original speaks more to the fact that the PS1 was home to so many fantastic RPG's that there was simply too much competition. There were possibly more than 50 RPG's on the system and many are viewed as corner stones of the modern Console RPG.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:33 p.m.

i imagine there's some truth to that. i personally had upwards of 40 ps1 rpgs, and that took quite a bit of dedication. ahh, the good ol' days.
  • sandplasma - November 25, 2012 6:19 p.m.

I really enjoyed Chrono Cross and found it to be one of the few RPGs I actually finished. I also liked Legend of Legaia and I know the sequel wasnt as good.
  • AshLynx - November 25, 2012 6:05 p.m.

I would say Klonoa 2, but most people forgot the first game existed. The GBA games though, they're even more forgotten. All good games though! Ape Escape 3 seems rather forgotten, even though it was easily the best in the series. And has one of the most true to life plots ever: monkeys rule the world with mind numbing TV shows! Ghost Trick is more of a spiritual successor to Phoenix Wright, but it's sadly forgotten despite being more awesome than already awesome Phoenix Wright. People also forgot about Apollo Justice, which I still liked despite not staring Phoenix.
  • haipayazoo - November 25, 2012 5:52 p.m.

Kid Icarus Uprising and Okamiden are slightly debatable, since they're relatively new and still impressive in their own right. Although I have to highly disagree the inclusion of Chrono Cross.
  • ollyn - November 25, 2012 5:33 p.m.

It's up for debate but any of the recent Tenchu games are forgettable (debate probably forms around whether the originals were memorable in and of themselves). Tenchu 1 and 2 were awesome but (even though I have played them) I just cannot remember the more recent games in any great detail, even the names are eluding me at this moment. As for Panzer Dragoon Orta, I had never actually played any of the other PD games but I loved it and was kind of disappointed there haven't been more games in the franchise.