• taokaka - November 21, 2013 3:57 p.m.

Some people will disagree with me but I hate it when after defeating the most powerful opponent in a game you unlock the most powerful weapon, what good is that going to do now?
  • Hobogonigal - November 21, 2013 9:31 p.m.

I agree, apart from games with New Game+ modes like Resident Evil for example. Ended up playing that game three times to try out the infinite rocket launcher and Chicago Typewriter weapons. Good fun :) Usually when I get the most powerful weapon before a boss battle I never use it because I'm scared that I won't have it for a more difficult boss battle later on, and then I end up not using it at all...
  • taokaka - November 21, 2013 11:17 p.m.

I suppose that is also true, what I actually had in my mind at the time of writing was specifically regarding rpgs. A new weapon wouldn't alter how you approach combat it would just let you deal a greater amount of damage and because the weapon isn't perishable you wouldn't worry about wasting it. Hence you would end up with a completely unnecessary unlockable because it wouldn't alter gameplay and has no practical benefit. Also, I find it somewhat interesting how differently we interpreted that statement based off of the genre our subconscious applied to it.
  • codystovall - November 21, 2013 3:37 p.m.

I look at concept art.....
  • J-Fid - November 21, 2013 4:28 p.m.

Me too.
  • Sinosaur - November 21, 2013 6:38 p.m.

I like it in things like fighting games, or where it's just something you unlock as you play the game. I wouldn't go through any particularly rough trials to unlock concept art, though.
  • cJinL - November 21, 2013 2:31 p.m.

Holy crap I had NO idea about the Bayonetta thing...
  • winner2 - November 21, 2013 2:01 p.m.

Or any unlockable in a racing game......I really don't want to but I feel like I have to put an IMO or maybe 4 people will actually get offended
  • SanosukeEiji - November 21, 2013 1:48 p.m.

I look at concept art
  • Slayer11496 - November 21, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I look at concept art =/
  • SonicHunter - November 21, 2013 1:05 p.m.

*Raises hand* Likewise.
  • db1331 - November 21, 2013 11:53 a.m.

The concept art in Psychonauts was so amazing, I went out of my way to make sure I collected it all.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - November 21, 2013 11:26 a.m.

Chalk me up for liking concept art unlockables as well. Sure, its not as cool as, say, a fancy weapon or something, but its still neat to see.
  • supaMcnugget - November 21, 2013 11:04 a.m.

But...I like concept art.
  • Paperthintelevision - November 21, 2013 10:41 a.m.

I don't remember searching 48 times...wtf?! I remember I pressed x once on the desk and I saw the pic...like wtf.
  • MIster-Woot - November 21, 2013 9:25 a.m.

What is this? Did you forget DEISEL DANTÉ? Oh the shame! I know, I'll complete DMC2 and unlock.... A PAIR OF JEANS!
  • BladedFalcon - November 21, 2013 9:09 a.m.

While I agree that concept art is a lazy, fairly unexciting reward, it still beats getting absolutely nothing in return, which happens in way too many games.
  • Swedish_Chef - November 21, 2013 8:56 a.m.

...I like looking at concept art though. D:
  • TheGreyWizard - November 21, 2013 8:13 a.m.

Heeeeeyy!! DO like unlocking concept art in games. Checking out each picture feels like a tiny kiss from a fairy! :p