• Gibsonsg527 - January 7, 2012 11:29 a.m.

I really don't see how that thing with L.A. Noire was sick. I mean yes its sick that a woman was lying on the ground naked covered in blood and make-up but that was NOT an attempt to just show some boobs as you guys make it out to be. Not everything has to be censored. That murder was there to show you just how sick and cruel the killer could get and it gives you more motivation for catching the killer. Shit like that happens alot in murder, sometimes the murderer will even have sex with the dead victim. I thought that cases was appropriate for the game.
  • wingsdjy - January 7, 2012 1:59 p.m.

I think you misinterpretted the article. The nudity wasn't shameful, getting aroused by it was.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 7, 2012 4:52 p.m.

If you did get aroused by it though, you are a sick bastard that has some serious problems.
  • wingsdjy - January 7, 2012 8:28 p.m.

What's wrong with a little necrophilia? j/k
  • minimaxi - January 7, 2012 10:55 a.m.

when GR talk about the severity of skyrim bugs, they always contradict themselves. I mean, you guys gave it a 10, either stop bitchin or revise the score. still love GR, though.
  • pr0tostar - January 7, 2012 9:18 a.m.

Hahahahaha the PAX email exchange. I love how that guy BEGGED Mike for a PAX booth, after talking **** about it/Penny Arcade and treating a customer like a CoD noob.
  • HitmanSB07 - January 7, 2012 8:01 a.m.

People went crazy over Uncharted getting a 9? It was by far the worst in the series, with completely irrelevant sections and a boring last act. I love this feature btw, though I think biggest disappointment runner up should've been Dragon Age 2...What a huge disappointment.
  • pr0tostar - January 7, 2012 9:13 a.m.

Dragon Age II WAS disappointing, mainly because it wasn't what people were expecting, and fell below any expectations for that matter. It was still a competent, solid video game; which is alot more than what DNF can boast.
  • CitizenWolfie - January 8, 2012 10:14 a.m.

People moan about MW3 being "MW2.5" (yawn - we get it) but Uncharted 3 was pretty much the same game as Uncharted 2. Not that it was a bad game, it's still a cut above most other action games but it was almost like they were trying to copy their own ideas and I think Uncharted 3 suffered for it. It felt very "by the numbers." Hated the hallucination sections as well!
  • BladedFalcon - January 7, 2012 5:10 a.m.

The "Fanboys Totally Losing it" Awards are particularly spot-on, really. I know a dude here Coughsronnylivecoughs that to this day pretty much uses any excuse he can to bitch about GR giving skyward sword a 9. And the runner-up could also apply to the reaction a lot of PC gamers had when issues like the 4GB 360 running battlefield, or the game-breaking bugs of the PS3 version happened. I don't claim to be a white dove, not by a longshot. but I like that GR doesn't pull punches when it's readers are being assholes or idiotic.
  • shawksta - January 7, 2012 9:24 a.m.

Exactly, GR's awesome like that.
  • PolarBearsInHeat - January 7, 2012 6:50 p.m.

Agreed man, I always found GR was one of the better gaming news sites because of they don't pull punches
  • Channel4 - January 7, 2012 5:10 a.m.

Good list. But I don't recall Fallout 3 on PS3 having many problems at all, apart from it pausing for a few seconds everytime a notification came up when it was first released. It wasn't any different to the other versions it just got massively blown out of proportion. However Skyrim is just appalling, even the PC version was unplayable for some for a while and now that it does work I'm not sure I even like the game. Also now that I've played Skyward Sword I think giving it a 9 is actually a bit harsh. It is pretty much the best game on the Wii by a mile (ignoring SMG). It's the best motion plus game and a far better game than Twilight Princess. There is nothing else on Wii that really comes close.
  • kingsmikefan - January 7, 2012 1:32 p.m.

ITS A 9!!! THAT MEANS ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF YEAR! And, for the Wii, one of the best on the system. Still, it's a GODDAMN 9!
  • ObliqueZombie - January 7, 2012 12:59 a.m.

I agree. I'd say I put more hours into Gears of War 3 than I did 2, mainly because of multiplayer and the writer behind it (Karen Traviss, one of my favorites), but as far as the overall FEEL of the game, it lacked a bit. Not TOO much, but enough to take notice in. It didn't have the Gothic architecture, or the grim, desperate feel to it. Even though they were more desperate than ever, it just. Didn't. Quite. Feel it. Still, I digress, I loved it. But all third entries, no matter how much tighter or well-designed they are, are doomed to never be "as great." Fantastic article, GR, I read and loved every paragraph!
  • babyhenchy1 - January 7, 2012 12:52 a.m.

I would have given the "Beta Testers" award to Dragon Age II. I had far more problems with that than I did with Skyrim on the PS3. This is coming from someone who liked Dragon Age II, but that was unacceptable for BioWare.
  • JohnDagger - January 7, 2012 12:27 a.m.

I would have chosen Blackwater for the anti-game of the year only because it takes war crimes to beat how bad Duke Nukem was and Blackwater is about the guys who commit war crimes in real life.
  • SouthTippBass - January 7, 2012 12:08 a.m.

Seriously, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this sites Battlefield 3 SP campaign bashing. Get over it already, I have 107 hours clocked with this amazing game and I HAVNT EVEN OPENED THE SP! And I have no interest in doing so either, because like everybody else who bought this game, we bought it for multiplayer! Any chance ye get ye seem to just bleat on about the crappy single player, who fecking cares! The multiplayer is a 10, thats all we asked for and we got it, x10!
  • kingsmikefan - January 7, 2012 1:40 p.m.

Congratulations, you have a different opinion. Want a cookie? What matters is that it sucks, and it's part of the overall package.
  • profile0000 - January 7, 2012 2:13 p.m.

When EA/DICE busts out awesome-looking campaign trailers than brags about how the single-player will be top notch, we expect that to be the case. Well, it wasn't. It was atrocious. Therefore, it cannot get the highest score possible, as it failed to meet expectations we were tricked into having. Had Battlefield 3 only been multiplayer, or had the single-player never been publisized, then a perfect score is absolutely justifiable.