• Kazmakistan - September 30, 2011 7:10 p.m.

Resistance is a better game? It has a worse story than Gears! Honestly, this site is getting worse and worse ever since I saw the whole "10 Reasons to Call of Duty Elite is worth it" article. I'm disappointed in this website.
  • Cyberninja - September 30, 2011 7:23 p.m.

wait people play shooters for story?!?!?! JK joking aside, it is their opinion that RE3 is Better then Gow3 if they feel that why its fine, its not like they said Gears is terrible, and you could always, i don't know play the game instead of complaining about it
  • Kazmakistan - September 30, 2011 9:58 p.m.

lolwut
  • Jacko415 - September 30, 2011 6:37 p.m.

Boooo. I usually dont accuse anyone of this but you guys just wanted to standout and not choose the more popular one. Resistance is a lame and boring series and you know it. you're full of sh-t. Gears won. AND STOP F--KING CENSORING US! DID YOU GUYS GET BOUGHT OUT OR SOMETHING? CAUSE THIS IS STUPID! THIS IS THE INTERNET WHERE YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER THE F--K YOU WANT AND EXPRESS YOU'RE OPINIONS HOWEVER THE F--K YOU WANT! Nazis
  • D0CCON - September 30, 2011 6:59 p.m.

The thing about the internet is that so many people abuse the ability to say whatever they want that some people censor stuff. If you are writing something that this website won't allow, I GUARANTEE you it doesn't need to be said. Aren't we normally complaining about the racist, sexist, homophobic 10-year-olds that normally run the internet? As for Resistance winning it, I do get their logic. Gears was a fantastic game that can't hold up to its earlier entries. Resistance was a fantastic game that blew its earlier entries out of the water. Therefore, Resistance should win. I also don't get why people think a website wants to be "that one website that's different." I remember them talking on TalkRadar about how they don't give a damn about being the site to give a 1-2 point lower score or give a different game GOTY (or in this case month).
  • Jacko415 - September 30, 2011 8:46 p.m.

I realized before writing that that i would sound like one of the Halo: Reach fanboys who bitch about it getting an 8, but this is stupid. Plus they're supposed to be comparing two games, not two franchise entries. And just because they're on two different game system doesnt meen you can't compare them. Though, i do admit that Act IV of gears 3 was boring and the extra characters were unnecessary. Curse words are used to express the gravity of the situation. I could say "Outrageously despicable fecal matter" or i could just say its "Sh-t". People just get overly offended by them so GR is conforming to griefing bitches. they never consored before. And who cares about ignorant trolling 10 year olds? Thats why they have the "report comment" feature. P.s. you can say sh-t on tv... but you cant say it here? on gamesradar? that's messed up.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - September 30, 2011 10:07 p.m.

If you don't like that you can't drop an S-bomb on this website, find one that does and quit complaining. He was only mentioning the abuse of too much freedom, not just using it. Points can just as easily been made without swearing as they can with it. This paragraph is a perfect example. As for their choice, it is actually comparing all the games released in September, not just 2 games. It is never stupid to state opinions, especially when it has all to do with preferences and experiences with the games in question. If you don't like R3, I have nothing against you for it. You need to realize that a lot of people really do. P.S. You're supposed to capitalize the "S" too. Also, this isn't T.V. Even if it were, most stations chose to censor S-words out of their programming. As is GR.
  • Pocotron - September 30, 2011 6:34 p.m.

Funny to see a bunch of butt hurt people here. I remember when you chose Batman: AA over Uncharted 2, and for similar reasons. Coming into this, I totally expected Gears 3 to win. Glad to see R3 gets a little recognition. Just remember folks, just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make them any less wrong than you are!
  • Tranquilbez34 - September 30, 2011 6:34 p.m.

I did not see this coming!
  • Fetalspray - September 30, 2011 6:22 p.m.

Sorry GR but this is bull, I have both games and Gears is just more fun and has more lasting appeal, Resistance is overly bleak, the characters aren't as interesting or likeable and Chimera are not as satisfying to kill. Resistance is boring and uninspired as a series and nowhere near as good an exclusive as uncharted. In short I couldn't disagree with you more.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - September 30, 2011 6:14 p.m.

I WANT A RECOUNT!!! jk never played resistance, but i probably should seeing as i own a ps3. on a related note i totally just had sex!!! hahahaha hebrew letters on my recaptha like 5real! http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_Vuv4sFH6gxnaI6yaGtRIWWf9ZcIYi96VmoWKB3StoodjR7dZBYugM9kK9UD8A4eOq8eF_kMP9LA3LY2zSjL6S7fBvR9nZlPXFT5NM1MCrZUbQEV-uungIeydl_Jbdf8uHiYPxAtURyT2M-Gdee4qkNujsjPrLw
  • kingsmikefan - September 30, 2011 6:11 p.m.

I guess Microsoft ain't ponied up the dough? haha. just kidding (hate that I have to type that because fanboys lose their sh@t)...also, screw the fact I can't cuss on a comment
  • IamTheBalance - September 30, 2011 6:09 p.m.

I rented Resistance and it was back in my mailbox an hour later. Bad game is bad and this is coming from a ps3 owner.
  • kor2disturbed - September 30, 2011 6:02 p.m.

Secondly I've played both (obviously) and can say that I didn't even finish Resistance 3 because I got too bored with it. Also The Binding of Isaac is awesome. Lastly I think you guys made the wrong choice.
  • kor2disturbed - September 30, 2011 5:58 p.m.

I'm pissed off but I understand, gears 3 is arguably (not for me) the better game, but Resistance re is the best game in the series but, if Gears 3 is better it should have been picked. "Game" of the month goes to the best game of the month, not "the best game in the series that happen to come out this month" of the month.
  • SPAZFM - September 30, 2011 5:57 p.m.

Resistance 3 was horse sh*t just saying.....
  • simon-daniel-soto-vidal - September 30, 2011 5:50 p.m.

This is a joke, right?
  • SDHoneymonster - September 30, 2011 4:59 p.m.

Still haven't played any of the Resistance games - I bought the first one for about £2 a few months back, but it's sat on my shelf ever since. I have however just splurged on Gears Of War 3 and Team Ico, so it might be a while yet before it gets a look on. And that's before I sell my kidneys for Dark Souls...
  • codystovall - September 30, 2011 4:56 p.m.

Next month winner: Batman and the runner-up: Batman why: Because Kevin Conroy wills it. or Dark Souls
  • badgraphix1 - September 30, 2011 4:42 p.m.

"(Oh, and while The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection was disqualified from consideration for being a prettied-up re-release of two much older games, it still deserves a nod as one of the absolute best things to show up on shelves this month.)" That didn't stop Ocarina of Time 3D from getting runner-up for Game of the Month June 2011.
  • SunniDee - September 30, 2011 4:52 p.m.

I agree i read the old game of the month, and they said Ocarina was better then shadows of the damned but since it was a remake they didn't give it first....conspiracy or did Sony not pay enough money?!