Topics

funny humor

• KidKatana - March 11, 2014 3:26 a.m.

Obviously Monkey Island, but more recently Deathspank and The Cave have been pretty consistently chuckleworthy. Which I believe is a real word.
  • praysolace - March 12, 2014 2:32 p.m.

Deathspank and The Cave are exactly the two I came on here to mention!
  • KidKatana - March 13, 2014 9 a.m.

Great minds, praysolace. Great minds.
  • universaltofu - March 11, 2014 1:15 a.m.

Have we already forgotten about jazzpunk? No other game has brought such chortles as when they referenced a ninja turtle.
  • ApocolypticChocolate - March 10, 2014 10:54 p.m.

No DAH! ? Destroy All Humans 1 & 2 were hilarious, it was really funny listening to people's thoughts, especially that Cop who's name was bill, and how he was questioning the bill of rights, gets me every time lol.
  • szabo-bela - March 10, 2014 8:52 p.m.

The whole warcraft series. The quotes everywhere and then wow it self with hundreds of funny dialogues, charters, quests, full movies are played in quests series. All the great action heros and adventurers are in the game.
  • Earthbound_X - March 10, 2014 8:05 p.m.

I'm glad The Simpsons Game is on the list. That game is severely underrated.
  • SpadesSlick - March 10, 2014 6:48 p.m.

Disgaea always made me laughed when I played it, the first one especially. Also a lot of the character supports in Fire Emblem Awakening were legitimately hilarious. I don't really think you need to build the game around humor for it to be memorable humor.
  • homestar99 - March 10, 2014 6:45 p.m.

Every time I see a funny game list they say Saints Row The Third. In all honesty, The Third was the worst in the series for me. The award should instead go to the quirky crime sandbox that was Saints Row 2 or the chaotic, ACTUALLY funny madness of Saints Row 4.
  • g1rldraco7 - March 10, 2014 4:37 p.m.

House of the Dead Overkill is my favorite due to it's humor, I wish more games were like that. Recently i got into Saints Row and wow how could I have overlooked this game series. Bulletstorm deserves a sequel despite how gory and crazy it is, also I liked DeadPool alot, I even plan on cosplaying as a female version of him. :3
  • Vonter - March 10, 2014 3:50 p.m.

Earthworm Jim games are still some of the funniest games I've played. Visual humor hasn't got that better from those. But still it isn't fair since EWJ is like a Looney Tunes cartoon.
  • Swedish_Chef - March 10, 2014 6:24 p.m.

*COW LAUNCHED*
  • StageFighter64 - March 10, 2014 3:36 p.m.

I know the game isn't entirely funny, but I laughed pretty hard at a lot of the school activities in Persona 4. The camping trip, field trip, and beauty contest cracked me up. And I know this probably doesn't count either, but Versus mode in Left 4 Dead 2 probably had the funniest moments in gaming for my buddies and I.
  • hester2 - March 10, 2014 6:17 p.m.

Persona 4 definitely counts. It always struck me as a Buffy-esque game that balances comedy with the supernatural stuff.
  • Jamiehb - March 10, 2014 2:39 p.m.

How did Kid Icarus: Uprising not make it into this list?
  • shawksta - March 10, 2014 5:54 p.m.

^This
  • Rotator - August 3, 2013 10:05 a.m.

What? No Duke Nukem 3D? That game brought cheesy oneliners to a whole new level and defined the humor in 3D shooters for ever. For shame!
  • Panzerdrako - August 3, 2013 8:04 a.m.

no conker bad fur day? RLY? ....sigh....eil dead regeneration too...
  • shadow707 - July 31, 2013 8:55 p.m.

CONKERS BAD FUR DAY: classic
  • CitizenWolfie - July 31, 2013 11:28 a.m.

This list needs more Monkey Island...